Windows 10: Windows defender is not displaying any security providers for both antivirus, firewall and...

Discus and support Windows defender is not displaying any security providers for both antivirus, firewall and... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows defender is not displaying any security providers for both antivirus, firewall and web protection and the switches are gone. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kene Cyril Nweke, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Windows defender is not displaying any security providers for both antivirus, firewall and...

Windows defender is not displaying any security providers for both antivirus, firewall and web protection and the switches are gone.

Windows defender is not displaying any security providers for both antivirus, firewall and... 056e6e9c-4de4-4b01-af27-e8ab8ab91a6d?upload=true.png

:)

Kene Cyril Nweke, Aug 21, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

windows defender firewall

Hi Faye,

Third-party antivirus programs usually have their own uninstallers provided by the software developer. We suggest checking the developer's website or contacting their support team for assistance with uninstalling their program. After fully uninstalling the
    third-party antivirus software, you may turn on Windows Defender by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter.
    • Click Firewall and network protection.
    • Click Private (discoverable) network and click On.
    • Click Public (non-discoverable) network and click On.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Windows Defender.

Yolvi Ell, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Windows defender is not displaying any security providers for both antivirus, firewall and...

Should Windows Defender be on if Weboot Secure is providing antivirus protection?

Assuming all is well with your install of Windows 10 Version 1703, Webroot should be providing real-time protection but Windows Defender Antivirus' Limited Periodic Scanning and

Defender Offline Scan
    options should be available and working.

IdentityShield is a Webroot component.

If you have further questions concerning Webroot & Windows Defender
    Antivirus
    and/or Windows Defender
    Security Center
    in Windows 10 Version 1703, you'd be best off posting them here:

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/bd-p/WSA-AV

Or you could just uninstall the Webroot application BEFORE your current subscription expires in September and then let Windows Defender Antivirus and the Windows Firewall protect your computer. [Why pay for another year's subscription?]

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows defender is not displaying any security providers for both antivirus, firewall and...

1. Windows defender is not displaying any security providers for both antivirus, firewall and... - Similar Threads - defender displaying security

2. Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates: I want to use Windows Defender Firewall to block outbound connections. I've configured it to block outbound connections and added a rule to allow the browser. However Windows Defender Antivirus then cannot download antivirus updates. I've tried adding a rule to allow...
  3. Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates: I want to use Windows Defender Firewall to block outbound connections. I've configured it to block outbound connections and added a rule to allow the browser. However Windows Defender Antivirus then cannot download antivirus updates. I've tried adding a rule to allow...
  4. Change Antivirus Provider Back to Windows Antivirus Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Antivirus Provider Back to Windows Antivirus Defender: How do I change the current antivirus provider back to Windows AntiVirus Defender? There is some up and down arrows but nothing happens.It is currently saying:-Malwarebytes is turned on.Windows Antivirus Defender is turned off....
  5. Change Antivirus Provider Back to Windows Antivirus Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Antivirus Provider Back to Windows Antivirus Defender: How do I change the current antivirus provider back to Windows AntiVirus Defender? There is some up and down arrows but nothing happens.It is currently saying:-Malwarebytes is turned on.Windows Antivirus Defender is turned off....
  6. Change Antivirus Provider Back to Windows Antivirus Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Firewall not shown under Firewall under Security providers

Windows Firewall not shown under Firewall under Security providers: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H2. Recently, the Windows Firewall is not shown under Firewall under Security providers: Settings - Windows Security - Virus & threat protection - Manager providers on the right-hand panel - Firewall.I am not sure why. I have done...
  8. Why Kaspersky Security Provider was suddenly turned off both antivirus and firewall and...

Why Kaspersky Security Provider was suddenly turned off both antivirus and firewall and...: Today i experienced a weird thing. Suddenly i got a popup from MS Security and when i tried to check it i found that Kaspersky Firewall and Antivirus option was turned off, instead Microsoft Defender Antivirus and Windows Firewall was turned on. Mind you that Kaspersky was up...
  9. Why Kaspersky Security Provider was suddenly turned off both antivirus and firewall and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why Kaspersky Security Provider was suddenly turned off both antivirus and firewall and...: Today i experienced a weird thing. Suddenly i got a popup from MS Security and when i tried to check it i found that Kaspersky Firewall and Antivirus option was turned off, instead Microsoft Defender Antivirus and Windows Firewall was turned on. Mind you that Kaspersky was up...
  10. Microsoft Windows Defender Firewall IPsec Provider

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Windows Defender Firewall IPsec Provider: Hello, how do I fix an IPsec negotiation failure preventing a connection to a public Wi-Fi network? Thanks for your attention to this request for assistance. LRRPR48...