Windows 10: Windows Defender is not enabled

Discus and support Windows Defender is not enabled in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Win 8.1 OS, my Windows Defender is not working. Virus Protection: Windows defender is turned off and is currently being managed by your system... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by upset1, Apr 5, 2019.

1. upset1 Win User

Windows Defender is not enabled

I have Win 8.1 OS, my Windows Defender is not working.

Virus Protection:
    Windows defender is turned off and is currently being managed by your system administrator.

Spyware and unwanted software Protection
    Windows defender is turned off and is currently being managed by your system administrator.

General:

Windows Defender, this app is turned of by group policy, contact your security administrator

Also the App or Icon in Programs is not present and wish to restore this tool.

Please share any productive insights and thanks,

RIch

:)

upset1, Apr 5, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows defender is not going to enable manually....

Hi,

Windows Defender Antivirus works help protect your device by scanning for malicious or unwanted software and uses real-time protection to scan everything you download or run on your device. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• What is the exact error message you received?
    • Are you able to use Windows Defender before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to turn on/off Windows Defender.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 5, 2019
  3. John Fer Win User
    I want to enable Windows Defender

Hello,

This issue might be caused by system conflict. For us to know more, please answer the following:

• Can you provide us the result of SFC?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

Also, we suggest checking this article to know more on how to enable Windows Defender.

Get back to us and keep us updated.

John Fer, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Windows Defender is not enabled

How reinstall windows defender

Hello LucianN1, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

I suggest you follow the instructions down below.

Step 1: Enable Windows defender from control panel

1. Press Windows + X, Click on control panel.

2. On right top corner click on View and then choose large items.

3. Now from the list click on Windows Defender and try to enable it.

If not try to enable it from services.

Step 2: Enable Window defender from services.msc.

1. Press Windows + R, to open run prompt.

2. Type services.msc and press enter to open services list.

3. Under services look from Windows defender service and start the service.

I also suggest you refer to the link down below.

URL:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/for...

Hope this helps!

Thank you and good luck,

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender is not enabled

1. Windows Defender is not enabled - Similar Threads - Defender enabled

2. I can't enable microsoft defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't enable microsoft defender: Hi,I am having trouble enabling Microsoft Defender after reinstalling Windows 11.. It says that this page is not avaivable and my system administrator restricted to to some areas of this app. I connected two accounts to Windows: my personal account which has a license as the...
  3. I can't enable microsoft defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't enable microsoft defender: Hi,I am having trouble enabling Microsoft Defender after reinstalling Windows 11.. It says that this page is not avaivable and my system administrator restricted to to some areas of this app. I connected two accounts to Windows: my personal account which has a license as the...
  4. Windows Defender disabled, and not re-enabling.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender disabled, and not re-enabling.: I was using bitdefender for a while, but now i uninstalled it. even after uninstalling it, my default windows defender is not working. Its showing "this page has been blocked by your IT Admin....." this only happend when some other Antivirus is installed! but i don't have...
  5. Windows Defender disabled, and not re-enabling.

Windows Defender disabled, and not re-enabling.: I was using bitdefender for a while, but now i uninstalled it. even after uninstalling it, my default windows defender is not working. Its showing "this page has been blocked by your IT Admin....." this only happend when some other Antivirus is installed! but i don't have...
  6. Memory integrity in core isolation defender cannot be enabled due to incompatible drivers....

Memory integrity in core isolation defender cannot be enabled due to incompatible drivers....: There were a few drivers listed as incompatible at first. I went in and just deleted some drivers directly from their respective locations. Now it shows an empty list and memory integrity cant be turned on. Why?...
  7. Memory integrity in core isolation defender cannot be enabled due to incompatible drivers....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory integrity in core isolation defender cannot be enabled due to incompatible drivers....: There were a few drivers listed as incompatible at first. I went in and just deleted some drivers directly from their respective locations. Now it shows an empty list and memory integrity cant be turned on. Why?...
  8. Not able to enable LSA protection because of buggy Windows Defender UI. Help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to enable LSA protection because of buggy Windows Defender UI. Help?: I got a notification that my LSA protection got turned "OFF" by itself. Why does this happen? And I need someone to tell me how I can re enable it again because the Defender app is not showing the feature where it normally is supposed to be...
  9. Not able to enable LSA protection because of buggy Windows Defender UI. Help?

Not able to enable LSA protection because of buggy Windows Defender UI. Help?: I got a notification that my LSA protection got turned "OFF" by itself. Why does this happen? And I need someone to tell me how I can re enable it again because the Defender app is not showing the feature where it normally is supposed to be...
  10. I uninstalled Kaspersky from my computer and windows defender is not enabled

I uninstalled Kaspersky from my computer and windows defender is not enabled: Hi,So I downloaded Kaspersky years ago and after reading up on it recently, decided to uninstall. I called to cancel my subscription and then uninstalled it. When I opened Windows Security it still says that Kaspersky is my default anti-virus and says "Kaspersky Anti-Virus is...