Windows 10: windows defender is not starting

Discus and support windows defender is not starting in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; windows defender is not staring. It says the services could not be started. The specific service does not exist as a installed service. Please help me.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shrestho, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Shrestho Win User

windows defender is not starting

windows defender is not staring. It says the services could not be started. The specific service does not exist as a installed service. Please help me. Give me a suggestion..

:)

Shrestho, Feb 2, 2022

2. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Feb 2, 2022
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Windows Defender Anitvirus

Hello,

There are multiple reasons why you are having issues, enabling Windows Defender. To assist you with your concern, you can refer to
    PrashantKumar96's
    Forum Article
    on how to fix Windows Defender not starting.

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps listed there, especially the number six troubleshooting step.

Let us know of the outcome.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Feb 2, 2022
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows Defender disabled and is unable to start

OK. I am not sure if you can complete the steps below.......................
    In the search box, type services.msc > Enter
    Items in the Services box are listed alphabetically.
    Scroll down to Windows Defender Service...........................
    at Status heading, it should be.................................... Running
    at Startup type, it should be......................................... Automatic

windows defender is not starting [​IMG]

If that is not what yours said, right click at Windows Defender Service > click Properties >
    can you change the Startup type to Automatic and Service status to Start ?
    If yes, do so and click OK when done.

davidhk, Feb 2, 2022
Thema:

1. windows defender is not starting - Similar Threads - defender starting

2. Windows 11 Microsoft Defender Not Working/Can't start or configure Windows Security Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Microsoft Defender Not Working/Can't start or configure Windows Security Service: Hi, I've been having issues with Microsoft Defender. I can't open it. When I open Windows Security there's just a black screen. I read some answers online and none of them worked for me. I noticed that Windows Security Service is disabled and I can't enable it at all. The...
  3. Windows 11 Microsoft Defender Not Working/Can't start or configure Windows Security Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Microsoft Defender Not Working/Can't start or configure Windows Security Service: Hi, I've been having issues with Microsoft Defender. I can't open it. When I open Windows Security there's just a black screen. I read some answers online and none of them worked for me. I noticed that Windows Security Service is disabled and I can't enable it at all. The...
  4. Windows defender doesn't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender doesn't start: Good evening,ultimately my Windows defender window doesn't start even if I try to launch it in some ways.Here's a picture of the problem: - I tried to do a scan of memory of Windows, everything is fine. - I tried to re-install windows, but it's still okay.What should I...
  5. Windows defender doesn't start

Windows defender doesn't start: Good evening,ultimately my Windows defender window doesn't start even if I try to launch it in some ways.Here's a picture of the problem: - I tried to do a scan of memory of Windows, everything is fine. - I tried to re-install windows, but it's still okay.What should I...
  6. Defender Application Guard from Edge just started ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender Application Guard from Edge just started ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.: I can access by local router with the IP but nothing on the web. Edge works find outside of app guard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-application-guard-from-edge-just-started/af013d63-a23e-4df6-a7d2-fd5f5579c30f
  7. Defender Application Guard from Edge just started ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.

Defender Application Guard from Edge just started ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED.: I can access by local router with the IP but nothing on the web. Edge works find outside of app guard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-application-guard-from-edge-just-started/af013d63-a23e-4df6-a7d2-fd5f5579c30f
  8. Can't start Powershell Because of Defender's Quarantine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't start Powershell Because of Defender's Quarantine: Hi, yesterday I used PowerShell to add exclusion for .exe file type. Then Windows Defender found powershell.exe as virus and blocked me to access to it. I can't press allow because there isn't any allow button. Every time I run PowerShell, it crashed. Any solution?...
  9. Can't start Powershell Because of Defender's Quarantine

Can't start Powershell Because of Defender's Quarantine: Hi, yesterday I used PowerShell to add exclusion for .exe file type. Then Windows Defender found powershell.exe as virus and blocked me to access to it. I can't press allow because there isn't any allow button. Every time I run PowerShell, it crashed. Any solution?...
  10. Windows defender service couldn't be started. The specified service does not exist as an...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows defender service couldn't be started. The specified service does not exist as an...: Windows defender service couldn't be started. The specified service does not exist as an installed service. What to do now to get back my Windows Defender?...