Windows 10: WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT WORKING ON MY COMPUTER

Discus and support WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT WORKING ON MY COMPUTER in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I realised for about a week ago that my window defender on my laptop was not working. I mean I do not even have the option to open it. Checking on its... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Samuel AppiahOfori, Apr 19, 2020.

1. WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT WORKING ON MY COMPUTER

I realised for about a week ago that my window defender on my laptop was not working. I mean I do not even have the option to open it. Checking on its status, it is indicated as "Running" but that is not really the case. Before, it was working fine but along the line, it stopped the routinely scans which I must have not noticed earlier. Please can you help me solve this issue. I have the response attached as a screenshot photograph to this post. Thank you! WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT WORKING ON MY COMPUTER 5d55d441-2dee-4c5e-a442-a3e017c35f52?upload=true.png

:)

Samuel AppiahOfori, Apr 19, 2020

2. Windows Defender is out

I was working on a computer infested with adware, spyware, and whateverthehellware a while ago. The beta version of Windows Defender found a few things that AVG, Adaware, and Spybot missed.

Polaris573, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Windows Defender not working

PrantaraArdi Prasetyo, Apr 19, 2020
  4. WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT WORKING ON MY COMPUTER

Windows Defender Not Working in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I suggest you to Set Windows Defender to Automatic - You can set the Windows Defender service to Automatic, Disabled or Manual. Setting it to automatic might solve the problem. Follow these
    steps:

• Click Start > type services in the Search box > click Services in the Programs list.
    • Search for Windows defender.
    • Double-click Windows Defender, and click Automatic in the start-up box > click OK.
    Also, follow the below mentioned steps and check:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

• Close the CMD window
    Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we’ll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT WORKING ON MY COMPUTER

1. WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT WORKING ON MY COMPUTER - Similar Threads - DEFENDER WORKING COMPUTER

2. Windows defender blocked my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender blocked my computer: What to do when Windows defender blocks my computer Moved from Microsoft Office 365 to Windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-blocked-my-computer/c159f33e-e5d7-4b79-8e0c-2bc6dc71e861
  3. my defender is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my defender is not working: I was solving the defender problem because it is not showing virus and threat protection and I was on this step when it happens I was asking that do I press yes or no in Command Prompt...
  4. my defender is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my defender is not working: I was solving the defender problem because it is not showing virus and threat protection and I was on this step when it happens I was asking that do I press yes or no in Command Prompt...
  5. my windows defender is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows defender is not working: why is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-defender-is-not-working/9acbb178-5d36-4478-b757-047d2bb70371
  6. my windows defender is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my windows defender is not working: why is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-defender-is-not-working/9acbb178-5d36-4478-b757-047d2bb70371
  7. Windows Defender isn't working on my computer.

Windows Defender isn't working on my computer.: I've followed all the steps suggested in this article to no avail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start/problems-starting-windows-defender-in-windows/808253bb-db89-4db9-a4e5-1c91a86489e9 Please help....
  8. My Windows Defender is not working

My Windows Defender is not working: I have windows 10 and this morning I have a red x on my shield icon at bottom of screen. It does not allow me to do a full scan or even really do anything in security system. I ran a AntiMalware software but nothing was picked up. I have rebooted my computer and I cant get...
  9. Windows defender is not running on my computer

Windows defender is not running on my computer: Windows defender is not running on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-is-not-running-on-my-computer/69b5f32e-bfee-4974-8797-d0b136e853d9"
  10. my computer defender is not working

my computer defender is not working: Split from this thread. My PC is so slow that it needs to be reinstalled completely. It's running now on WIN 8.1 and I have a WIN 10 code ready. They told me a format C would relieve me from eventual malware a.o. Do I need to save or prepare something on a stick How...