Windows 10: Windows Defender Is Slow To Complete A Scan'

Discus and support Windows Defender Is Slow To Complete A Scan' in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender Is Slow To Complete A Scan For full scanning windows defender taking more than 72 hrs but still scan is not completed. Right click... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Samadhan Patil, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Windows Defender Is Slow To Complete A Scan'

Windows Defender Is Slow To Complete A Scan

For full scanning windows defender taking more than 72 hrs but still scan is not completed.

Right click in any file and folder is not responding.

Can anyone provide solution on this??

:)

Samadhan Patil, Oct 12, 2019

2. Windows Defender not completing scans

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing issues using Windows Defender.

I would suggest you to go through the below methods:

Method 1: Set Windows Defender to Automatic

You can set the Windows Defender service to Automatic, Disabled or Manual. Setting it to automatic might solve the problem. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > type services in the Search box > click Services in the Programs list.

2. Search for Windows defender.

3. Double-click Windows Defender, and click Automatic in the start-up box > click OK.

Method 2: Run SFC scan, it will check, if there is any kind of corruption on the operating system.

• Press WIN+X.

• Click on command prompt with admin.

• Type sfc /scannow and press enter.

• Reboot the computer once finished.

Method 3: Try the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/931849

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Sahil Bali, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Windows defender crash during scan

Full scan complete no threats, now doing rootkit scan also doing full scan on my phone insanely slow...

Anyone else know what could be causing this?

Delta6326, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Phusius Win User

Windows Defender Is Slow To Complete A Scan'

Windows defender crash during scan

my full scan just finished, no threats. but my pc is running super slow now, uninstalling kaspersky asap. fml.

Phusius, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Is Slow To Complete A Scan'

1. Windows Defender Is Slow To Complete A Scan' - Similar Threads - Defender Slow Complete

2. Defender Quick Scan only takes 20 seconds to complete -- Is it really scanning?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Quick Scan only takes 20 seconds to complete -- Is it really scanning?: I took a backup of a Windows 2012 R2 system. I restored that backup to a directory on a Linux server and exported that backup as a samba share. I mounted the samba share on a Windows 2019 system and ran the following defender command line from a cygwin shell. The command line...
  3. windows 10s defender quick scan never completes

windows 10s defender quick scan never completes: Hi all and tearing my not much left now hair out! New windows 10s laptop. Under "virus and threat protection" showing a yellow warning triangle I get a message saying "quick scan due" with a red dot with a white x in it, along with moving dots below it. This apparent scan...
  4. Windows Defender unable to complete "Full Scan"

Windows Defender unable to complete "Full Scan": Windows Defender is unable to complete a full scan or a custom scan that includes everything in the main drive. It is able to successfully complete a quick scan. When the program stops working correctly I have to restart the service through Windows Services. The problem...
  5. Windows Defender won't Complete Scan

Windows Defender won't Complete Scan: Windows Defender starts scan but doesn't finish and I have a scheduled scan flag that doesn't go away . I click on it and it wants to run a scan. Anyone have this issue? [Original Title: Windows Defender]...
  6. Windows Defender Full Scan Complete- 16 items scanned?

Windows Defender Full Scan Complete- 16 items scanned?: Tried to do a full scan after recent update. Scan completed after only scanning 16 files elapsed time 00:00:01? Only way to actually scan the PC was to choose custom and choose C drive. Is this a faulty update?[ATTACH]...
  7. Can’t complete windows defender offline scan

Can’t complete windows defender offline scan: I just bought my laptop a while ago, all the updates are up to date. Just a few weeks a go i got some scam message or maybe virus from a webpage. I did a full scan nothing hits so i tried to do an offline scan but everytime when it gets to 90 something percent it would stop,...
  8. Windows Defender Slow Scans on an Intel I7 Desktop

Windows Defender Slow Scans on an Intel I7 Desktop: Hi All Issue is Defender scans really slow, like over 12 hours if I choose to do a full scan, Previous was Avast that was removed with the tool, Malwarebytes 3 Free, Is it cause I use the configure defender x64 utlity to up the cloud protection level and such Any advice...
  9. Windows Defender keeps asking me to complete a scan?

Windows Defender keeps asking me to complete a scan?: I run a scan but as soon as I have rebooted and within an hour or so it asks me again? I receive the notification in the taskbar and Windows Defender turns orange and states I am unprotected. So far I have completed 3 clean scans today but after a reboot it is as if it does...
  10. Windows Defender - Very slow scans

Windows Defender - Very slow scans: Upgraded a laptop to windows 10 Home x64 for a family member. It's an older Acer Aspire laptop. We attempted to do a Windows Defender quick-scan to try it out. However, three hours later, it's only ~50% complete. I've never had a fresh install take this long for an AV quick...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender scnning slow

2. microsoft defender slow scan

3. windows defender slow

4. why is windows defender scanning so slow