Windows 10: Windows Defender is Stuck and I Can't change it.

Discus and support Windows Defender is Stuck and I Can't change it. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My laptop windows 10 has been acting sluggish of late. Task Manager consistently shows "LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall" at about 25% to 40% CPU and the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JL-BWA, Feb 24, 2021.

1. JL-BWA Win User

Windows Defender is Stuck and I Can't change it.

My laptop windows 10 has been acting sluggish of late. Task Manager consistently shows "LocalServiceNoNetworkFirewall" at about 25% to 40% CPU and the fans run constantly when the laptop is plugged in but will stop when running on battery. The sub tasks? are Windows Defender Firewall and Base Filtering Engine BFE services. Services shows Windows Defender Firewall as "starting" but never anything else. All options Start, Stop,. Pause Resume are greyed out and thus inaccessible. I believe this is the problem. BFE appears to be running, however.

I do have other virus/firewall software running, including Avast, MalwareBytes, and required by employer, although this is my own computer SentinelOne Agent. I understand there could be some conflict here but not sure how to identify what that conflict might be specifically, and just want to get Windows Defender Firewall to stop.

I've run updates, rebooted a few times, tried to start/stop Windows Defender Firewall from settings, etc.

Help!

:)

JL-BWA, Feb 24, 2021

2. stuck at installing update [Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB2267602 (Definition 1.213.1075.0).]

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Try to update Windows Defender manually and check.

Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key, type Windows Defender
      and hit Enter.

• Click on Update and try to update from there.

If this doesn't help, I would suggest you to follow the suggestions provided by
    Ronnie Vernon on November 3, 2015 and see if it helps in resolving the issue.

Windows defender /down load stuck

Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Choice of memory and motherboard... a bit stuck...

No one who got some suggestions on this one, huh?

I've found out that the Asus M3A78-T needs to be flashed, so then that motherboard is excluded from my list. Which motherboard and memory should I then go for? Any suggestions?

minstreless, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Windows Defender is Stuck and I Can't change it.

How do I change back to Defender in windows 10?

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

• Are you trying to uninstall Kaspersky?
    • Is windows defender turned on?
    If not would suggest you to follow the below steps.

Change Windows Defender Service settings

Please follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Logo” + “R” keys on the keyboard to open the “Run” command box.
    • Type “Services.msc” in the “Run” command box and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Services” window, search for the “Windows Defender” service from that list.
    • Double-click on it to open its “Properties” window.
    • From its “Properties” window, click on “Start” when the service is stopped and also change its “Startup Type” to “Automatic”.
    • Click on “Apply” and “Ok”.
    • Restart the computer and check if that resolves the issue.

I also suggest you to try following method to resolve the issue.

a. Press the ‘Windows + Q key on the keyboard.

b. Type “Windows Defender” in the search box and then press enter.

c. Click Settings and make sure there is a check mark on Turn on real time protection recommend.

Reference:

Windows Defender on Windows 8 - Introduction and Frequently Asked Questions

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender is Stuck and I Can't change it.

1. Windows Defender is Stuck and I Can't change it. - Similar Threads - Defender Stuck Can't

2. Windows defender stucks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender stucks.: As you can see on image, the windows defender scanning operation stucking. It's stucked like 1 hour and did not progress. how can i fix this issue ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-stucks/f0892084-4a6c-4c46-b187-8284e68600de
  3. Windows defender stucks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender stucks.: As you can see on image, the windows defender scanning operation stucking. It's stucked like 1 hour and did not progress. how can i fix this issue ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-stucks/f0892084-4a6c-4c46-b187-8284e68600de
  4. Display Resolution Stuck, can't change it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Resolution Stuck, can't change it: My friend has been using this computer and monitor for over a year now, and all of a sudden his monitor display resolution changed and got stuck on 1024x768. We have been looking through guides but can't find something that fixes his problem. Any help would be greatly...
  5. Display Resolution Stuck, can't change it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Resolution Stuck, can't change it: My friend has been using this computer and monitor for over a year now, and all of a sudden his monitor display resolution changed and got stuck on 1024x768. We have been looking through guides but can't find something that fixes his problem. Any help would be greatly...
  6. Display Resolution Stuck, can't change it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I can't change Windows Defender Firewall settings in services

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't change Windows Defender Firewall settings in services: I'm trying to fix my Windows defender, Cortana, Microphone, etc. because a virus damaged my computer. I deleted the virus with Mcafee and fully scanned my pc with Mcafee and Gridinsoft and the pc is clean. I tried millions of solutions to repair windows defender, microphone...
  8. Stuck in windows defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in windows defender: I have a POS computer and on it a while back I enabled windows defender offline. Now my computer doesn’t work properly due to a bad hard drive so I want to try and get some data off by going into system recovery. But because of my mistake of enabling windows defender offline...
  9. Can't Start Windows Defender Firewall or Change Settings

Can't Start Windows Defender Firewall or Change Settings: I got a notification at the bottom of the screen on my desktop computer saying Firewall had been turned off click here to fix. It opened up Windows Defender Firewall under Control Panel. But I can't get anything to work. Click on "use recommended settings", nothing happens....
  10. I can't activate Windows Defender

I can't activate Windows Defender: Hello, I ran into a problem not long ago that I can't seem to activate my Windows Defender. I'll show some screenshots so you're able to understand better the situation. The highlighted red area is telling me that Windows Defender is inactive: [ATTACH] I click the box...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virus and threat protection getting protection info