Windows 10: Windows defender is turned off, but I can't turn back on.

Discus and support Windows defender is turned off, but I can't turn back on. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows defender is turned off, but I can't turn back on.[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JuanCastaneda1, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Windows defender is turned off, but I can't turn back on.

Windows defender is turned off, but I can't turn back on. Windows defender is turned off, but I can't turn back on. 454ed6d1-4d45-4429-b1a6-abc07ffbeae8?upload=true.jpg

:)

JuanCastaneda1, Sep 18, 2018

2. WINDOWS DEFENDER is turned off

Hi Ahmed,

Since you're not able to turn on Windows Defender as well, we'd like to know if you have made any changes recently prior to this issue. In the meantime, you may follow the steps below on how to turn on Windows Defender manually:

• Type Windows Defender in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Go to Settings and make sure that the Turn on real-time protection recommended option is turned on.
    Same thing with the other members who are having the same issue, we suggest that you check if the service was setup to
    Automatic in the Services option. Please follow the steps that we've provided last
    September 3, 2017.

Let us know how if you were able to turn it on properly by changing the Startup type to Automatic.

Eileen Gal, Sep 27, 2018
  3. windows defender turned off.....................

@atramsuraj: You can
    read this post
    and follow the given steps to re-enable your Windows Defender. And, by the way:

• What OS are you running?
    • Are you also using 3rd-party security program? If so, please consider disabling it, as some could turn off Windows Defender automatically.

nofoistapp, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Windows defender is turned off, but I can't turn back on.

WINDOWS DEFENDER is turned off

Hi Roger,

Windows Defender is our first line of defense against any spyware or malware infections that may harm our computer. To turn on Windows Defender manually, you may follow the steps below:

• Type Windows Defender in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Go to Settings and make sure that the Turn on real-time protection recommended option is turned on.

If it will not turn on manually, you may need to check if the program was set to Automatic in the Services. Please follow the steps that we've provided last September 3, 2017.

Should you have other questions, don't hesitate to let us know.

Eileen Gal, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows defender is turned off, but I can't turn back on.

1. Windows defender is turned off, but I can't turn back on. - Similar Threads - defender turned off

2. Bluetooth keeps turning off, can't turn back on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth keeps turning off, can't turn back on: My Bluetooth drivers keep randomly turning off. When this happens, the drivers are listed as hidden and DriverEasy considers the Intel Bluetooth driver "unplugged." The only way to reliably turn it back on is to unplug my pc, wait about 15 minutes and plug it back in. How can...
  3. Bluetooth keeps turning off, can't turn back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth keeps turning off, can't turn back on: My Bluetooth drivers keep randomly turning off. When this happens, the drivers are listed as hidden and DriverEasy considers the Intel Bluetooth driver "unplugged." The only way to reliably turn it back on is to unplug my pc, wait about 15 minutes and plug it back in. How can...
  4. Bluetooth keeps turning off, can't turn back on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Turned off Windows Defender, now can't turn it on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turned off Windows Defender, now can't turn it on: I had to turn off Windows Defender so I used gpedit.msc to do this, but now I have no idea how to make it work again. When I open Defender it just shows almost blank interface. If I can open Defender including some more utilities, they just don't work, e.g.: Quick checking...
  6. Turned off Windows Defender, now can't turn it on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turned off Windows Defender, now can't turn it on: I had to turn off Windows Defender so I used gpedit.msc to do this, but now I have no idea how to make it work again. When I open Defender it just shows almost blank interface. If I can open Defender including some more utilities, they just don't work, e.g.: Quick checking...
  7. Turned off Windows Defender, now can't turn it on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Firewall is turned off and I can't turn it back on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Firewall is turned off and I can't turn it back on.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/YoshiKombat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iiel27/firewall_is_turned_off_and_i_cant_turn_it_back_on/
  9. Windows Defender is turned off and i cant turn it back on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender is turned off and i cant turn it back on: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/unforgivableaf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hypkcb/windows_defender_is_turned_off_and_i_cant_turn_it/
  10. WiFi Turned off - can't turn it back on

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Turned off - can't turn it back on: I've been on the forums trying to find a way to fix this issue. Windows 10 updated on October 22. My wifi disabled on the same day (adapter is a Centrino n-6205). All attempts to get the wifi to turn on were stymied. I thought perhaps windows 7 still loaded might be causing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender turned off cant turn on

2. Windows security was turned off. How can I turn this back on