Windows 10: Windows Defender is using settings that may make your device unsafe, but which ones?

Discus and support Windows Defender is using settings that may make your device unsafe, but which ones? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've changed some firewall configurations in order to unblock a port to host a game server, but after that, the firewall is saying: "windows defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by José GabrielAlves de, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Windows Defender is using settings that may make your device unsafe, but which ones?

I've changed some firewall configurations in order to unblock a port to host a game server, but after that, the firewall is saying:
    "windows defender is using settings that may make your device unsafe"

and it isn't saying which settings are making my device unsafe, it has only a "Reset Configs" which delete all firewall inbound/outbound rules and prevent me from hosting the server/mess with other programs running in my computer.

Is there any command in CMD or PowerShell that might say which settings are unsafe so I can manually toggle them? Instead of bricking all my firewall configs by resetting everything to factory default?

Thanks

:)

José GabrielAlves de, Feb 12, 2021

2. Can't solve "windows defender firewall is using setting that makes your device unsafe"

A message shows up on security settings saying "windows defender firewall is using setting that makes your device unsafe" but i couldn't solve the problem i tried restoring windows defender firewall settings it doesn't allow me to ,a message shows up saying
    that it can't change some of the settings , i tried starting windows defender firewall services but the start button is not clickable, i did several antivrius scans nothing new .

please i need help

mohammedbekraoui, Feb 12, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Johan45 Win User

Windows Defender is using settings that may make your device unsafe, but which ones?

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender is using settings that may make your device unsafe, but which ones?

1. Windows Defender is using settings that may make your device unsafe, but which ones? - Similar Threads - Defender using settings

2. "Your organization" which one?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Your organization" which one?: For Windows Hello PIN, it says "Your organization". I have several organizations. Which one is it? The computer is personally owned and managed so it is not being managed by any of these organizations....
  3. "Your organization" which one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your organization" which one?: For Windows Hello PIN, it says "Your organization". I have several organizations. Which one is it? The computer is personally owned and managed so it is not being managed by any of these organizations....
  4. "Your organization" which one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Defender "There may be threats on your device" loop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender "There may be threats on your device" loop: Hi,About an hour ago, I downloaded a program that apparently had a virus in it, Windows Defender let me know, I went to delete it, but Windows Defender said "There may be threats on your device. After the scan is complete, you can review the threats found.". So I ran a quick...
  6. Can't solve "windows defender firewall is using setting that makes your device unsafe"

Can't solve "windows defender firewall is using setting that makes your device unsafe": A message shows up on security settings saying "windows defender firewall is using setting that makes your device unsafe" but i couldn't solve the problem i tried restoring windows defender firewall settings it doesn't allow me to a message shows up saying that it can't...
  7. Windows Defender Firewall is using settings that make the device unsafe

Windows Defender Firewall is using settings that make the device unsafe: Hi everyone My have a few machines where they are showing "Windows Defender Firewall is using settings that make the device unsafe" message when viewing "firewall and network protection and when i try to click restore settings nothing happens picture shown before [ATTACH]...
  8. site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings: I am having difficulty accessing a military website https://selfservice.rcms.usar.army.mil/education. I only mention that because there are many DOD certificates that I had to install to access these in the first place. Anyways in late February 2020, I was all of a sudden...
  9. Windows Defender Firewall is using settings that make the device unsafe

Windows Defender Firewall is using settings that make the device unsafe: Hi all, We have a few machines where they are showing "Windows Defender Firewall is using settings that make the device unsafe" message when viewing "firewall and network protection." We are running 1809 enterprise with the latest August update. Under "security...
  10. Windows 10; i get: "Firewall settings make your device unsafe"

Windows 10; i get: "Firewall settings make your device unsafe": Statement above prevents an Internet connection to my Lenovo (Yoga) Will appreciate a solution (still keep Norton "on the side" i wonder if any one recommends to revive it?) Thanks UL...