Windows 10: Windows Defender is using so much RAM which makes my computer slow

Discus and support Windows Defender is using so much RAM which makes my computer slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows Defender I am using windows 10. My windows is running faster . But when I enabled the Windows defender then my pc become slow . I checking my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AbhinavAdarsh, May 17, 2020.

1. Windows Defender is using so much RAM which makes my computer slow

Windows Defender​

I am using windows 10. My windows is running faster . But when I enabled the Windows defender then my pc become slow . I checking my Task Manager from many days and i noticed that theprogramms like - windows defender antimarwareof windows defender taking too much RAM .​

:)

AbhinavAdarsh, May 17, 2020

2. windows defender runs slow

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Have you installed any third party security application in your system, apart from Windows 10?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    I would like to inform you that this issue might occur, if the Windows defender is scanning too many junk or malware effected files in the system. As of now,
    I suggest you to run System maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.
    For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/windows-defender-offline-faq

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, May 17, 2020
  3. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, May 17, 2020
  4. Windows Defender is using so much RAM which makes my computer slow

slowness in computer usage.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What makes you think that system is running slow? Is it when you are trying to run application?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    From the screenshot that you have provided, I understood that it’s not the issue with the disk usage. The slowness might be due to the memory usage.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run maintenance task and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X from the desktop.

• Select Control panel and Select System and Security.

• Click on Troubleshoot common computer problems under System and maintenance.

• Now Run maintenance task under
      System and security
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender is using so much RAM which makes my computer slow

1. Windows Defender is using so much RAM which makes my computer slow - Similar Threads - Defender using much

2. Why is my computer taking up so much ram?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer taking up so much ram?: Lately, my computer has been so slow and the apps I regularly use are somewhat crashing every time I use them, I don't think it's from a virus because I've ran an anti-virus check and it says there aren't any viruses around, I've tried ending tasks on other apps and disabling...
  3. Why is my computer taking up so much ram?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer taking up so much ram?: Lately, my computer has been so slow and the apps I regularly use are somewhat crashing every time I use them, I don't think it's from a virus because I've ran an anti-virus check and it says there aren't any viruses around, I've tried ending tasks on other apps and disabling...
  4. Why is my Network Service using so much RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Network Service using so much RAM?: This issue randomly came up where the Service Host: Network Service started using anywhere from 60-70% of my RAM, specifically the Network Service with Delivery Optimization underneath of it is the only one giving me trouble. Takes anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours for this...
  5. Why is my Network Service using so much RAM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my Network Service using so much RAM?: This issue randomly came up where the Service Host: Network Service started using anywhere from 60-70% of my RAM, specifically the Network Service with Delivery Optimization underneath of it is the only one giving me trouble. Takes anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours for this...
  6. Windows Defender using too much RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender using too much RAM: Hello everyone, looking at my Task Manager, I've noticed throughout the day that the "Antimalware Service executable" has been eating more and more RAM - it's up to around 2GB now, which is definitely not normal. The task is using 0% of the CPU resource, as well as 0% HDD....
  7. Why is YouTube using so much RAM?

Why is YouTube using so much RAM?: I am watching videos right now. I have my task manager up and once I use the search page, my memory usage shoots up at least ten percent if not more. Apparently nobody else is having this problem since I asked this question multiple times before in the YouTube sub with no...
  8. Apps uses so much RAM

Apps uses so much RAM: Before i run "Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool", all of the processes use 50% of a 4gb RAM, but after running the "Memory Diagnostic Tool" chrome uses so much ram more than before, and also i think that other apps slightly increased their RAM usage. anybody can help me with...
  9. Service local system using so much ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service local system using so much ram: My name is arjun and i bought a new laptop from asus online .but it has a problem my laptop is using so much ram and when i looked at my task manager a system called service host local system is using so much ram and makes my computer slow can anybody help me...
  10. Why Windows processes are using so much RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why Windows processes are using so much RAM: My laptop has 16 GB of 3200 ddr4 RAM, but after letting it idle for about an hour the RAM usage goes straight up to 99% with only edge open. I checked my system and everything is up to date and the Task manager is saying I have 15.4 GB of available RAM. Is there anything that...