Windows 10: Windows defender isn't getting activated or switched ON.

Discus and support Windows defender isn't getting activated or switched ON. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I bought my laptop, it had NPAV built in with one year validity. Windows defender was deactivated as NPAV was taking care of protection. But now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WideVacuum, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Windows defender isn't getting activated or switched ON.

When I bought my laptop, it had NPAV built in with one year validity. Windows defender was deactivated as NPAV was taking care of protection. But now it's been more than an year. I have deleted/uninstalled NPAV. But I can't activate windows defender. Any solution or insight? Why am I having this issue?

submitted by /u/WideVacuum
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WideVacuum, Jul 30, 2020

2. Cannot activate Windows Defender

On my laptop "Toshiba Satellite L455" I did upgradation to W-10 from W-7 (original).

There is no antivirus program on this PC.

I wanted Windows Defender to run. But it says that it is switched off.

Want to activate it.

On opening Windows defender, there is no option to activate it.

In step 2 of your suggestion, it says:

"Windows could not start the Windows Defender Network Inspection Service on local computer.

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start"

Can you pl give a method to activate the defender?

PrakashVarkhedkar, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Windows Defender isn't initializing.

Hi Abdul,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I suggest you to Set Windows Defender to Automatic - You can set the Windows Defender service to Automatic, Disabled or Manual. Setting it to automatic might solve the problem. Follow these
    steps:

• Click Start > type services in the Search box > click Services in the Programs list.
    • Search for Windows defender.
    • Double-click Windows Defender, and click Automatic in the start-up box > click OK.
    Also, follow the below mentioned steps and check:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

• Close the CMD window
    Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we’ll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Windows defender isn't getting activated or switched ON.

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows defender isn't getting activated or switched ON.

1. Windows defender isn't getting activated or switched ON. - Similar Threads - defender isn't getting

2. Recently switched SSD's, but Windows isn't activating?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently switched SSD's, but Windows isn't activating?: I recently switched between NVME drives. I had gotten the pc ready made some time ago and to my knowledge, an OEM key was installed by the manufacturer, of Windows 11 pro. I read that only motherboard changes cause the key to not work, but to no avail. When I open up my...
  3. Recently switched SSD's, but Windows isn't activating?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recently switched SSD's, but Windows isn't activating?: I recently switched between NVME drives. I had gotten the pc ready made some time ago and to my knowledge, an OEM key was installed by the manufacturer, of Windows 11 pro. I read that only motherboard changes cause the key to not work, but to no avail. When I open up my...
  4. windows defender isn't working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows defender isn't working: i tried to Reset Windows Security / remove third party anti-virus/ i could not restart the security centre service cause the security center is not in the services.msc / i puted all the values in the registry for Disablespyware to 0 / i tried the sfc/scannow command 4 times...
  5. Windows isn't activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows isn't activated: I've had my windows 10 computer for 2 years now and out of no were it says I need to activate windows on the bottom right of the screen. When I got in my settings to activate it it says "We can't activate windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license...
  6. Windows isn't activated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows isn't activated: Hello All, Since my last windows update, I keep getting Windows needs to be activated. I go ahead and activate it and works excellent for a while. I shutdown my PC and turn it back on and there it is again windows need to be activated. Frustrating can someone tell me what...
  7. Windows isn't active

Windows isn't active: Error code ;0x8007007B https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-isnt-active/c8e79943-6a4b-4020-8c32-f199ef3e7498"
  8. Windows not getting activated when switched to Virtualbox

Windows not getting activated when switched to Virtualbox: Hi There! So I converted my old laptop to vhd disk and started using it on VirtualBox. Everything is working fine except the activation. I already had a digital license linked to that laptop. Do I need to purchase another license?...
  9. windows isn't activated

windows isn't activated: I have product key windows isn't activated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-isnt-activated/722091de-e846-40bd-b12f-4c86b202ce0b"
  10. Windows isn't activated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows isn't activated: About a year ago, I got this computer and since July, it has been saying "We can't activate Windows on this device as we can't connect to your organization's activation server. Make sure you're connected to your organization's network and try again. If you continue having...