Windows 10: windows defender issue

Discus and support windows defender issue in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how can I clear all items in windows defender protection history?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HaileyesusTilahun, Jun 6, 2019.

1. windows defender issue

how can I clear all items in windows defender protection history?

:)

HaileyesusTilahun, Jun 6, 2019

2. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    win 10 defender issues

Hi,

Windows Defender helps in making your computer secure from any viruses or malware. Listed below are some reasons why the program will not work properly:

• Software conflicts (usually cause with other anti-virus application)
    • Virus and malware infection
    • Corrupted system files

To help you with the issue, we suggest following the steps provided by
    PrashantKumar96
    on this thread
    that can help in running your Windows Defender successfully.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

windows defender issue

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

windows defender issue

1. windows defender issue - Similar Threads - defender issue

2. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.: Windows antivirus defender is acting weird, it is installing updates which are not exactly up-to-date. The updates it is installing are from the future, for example the current year is 2024 and defender will install an update created in 2025 or 2039. Not only this but the pc...
  3. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.: Windows antivirus defender is acting weird, it is installing updates which are not exactly up-to-date. The updates it is installing are from the future, for example the current year is 2024 and defender will install an update created in 2025 or 2039. Not only this but the pc...
  4. Windows Defender installing non-existent updates with date and time issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Defender Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Issues: Hello,So, I am not sure how to go about fixing this, I have looked at other articles, tried running it all. Like I downloaded Malware bytes, detected no viruses. I tried going into settings and enabling stuff, still no luck. I just want to know what I could potentially do to...
  6. Windows Defender Issues

Windows Defender Issues: Hello,So, I am not sure how to go about fixing this, I have looked at other articles, tried running it all. Like I downloaded Malware bytes, detected no viruses. I tried going into settings and enabling stuff, still no luck. I just want to know what I could potentially do to...
  7. Issue with Windows Defender persistently detecting deleted file as a threat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows Defender persistently detecting deleted file as a threat: Hello Windows community,I'm encountering an issue with Windows Defender on my Windows 11 system and would appreciate some assistance in resolving it.Problem Description:A few days ago, I installed a game cheat on my Windows 11 system. Initially, Windows Defender flagged it as...
  8. Issue with Windows Defender persistently detecting deleted file as a threat

Issue with Windows Defender persistently detecting deleted file as a threat: Hello Windows community,I'm encountering an issue with Windows Defender on my Windows 11 system and would appreciate some assistance in resolving it.Problem Description:A few days ago, I installed a game cheat on my Windows 11 system. Initially, Windows Defender flagged it as...
  9. Windows defender screen page issue

Windows defender screen page issue: Dear MS TeamGreetings!!For the past 2 days, I have been facing the issue of seeing NO ACTIVE Antivirus Provider on Windows Defender.Real-Time Protection page is also not seen. Troubleshooter also does not show any option to scan or troubleshoot.Not able to repair or reinstall...
  10. Windows defender screen page issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender screen page issue: Dear MS TeamGreetings!!For the past 2 days, I have been facing the issue of seeing NO ACTIVE Antivirus Provider on Windows Defender.Real-Time Protection page is also not seen. Troubleshooter also does not show any option to scan or troubleshoot.Not able to repair or reinstall...