Windows 10: Windows Defender Keep Stopping Frequently

Discus and support Windows Defender Keep Stopping Frequently in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I've been facing this issue that windows defender gets stopped and when I open it and click on restart it shows error. Restarting pc doesn't help.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AdeelMir1, Oct 15, 2020.

1. AdeelMir1 Win User

Windows Defender Keep Stopping Frequently

Hi,

I've been facing this issue that windows defender gets stopped and when I open it and click on restart it shows error. Restarting pc doesn't help. And it gets fixed by itself randomly. Can you please guide me to get rid of this issue. Here is the screen shot.

Windows Defender Keep Stopping Frequently e58fdc42-f13c-4608-a95b-a59706ace6f1?upload=true.png

:)

AdeelMir1, Oct 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 defender stops my work

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If Windows Defender is stopping you for performing some task and it is important for you then you may disable Windows Defender for some time and then enable it after the completion of the task.

In order to turn off Windows defender you need to perform the steps provided below and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key or click on Start.
    • Type Windows Defender in the search box.
    • Click on Windows Defender Settings.
    • Toggle the "Real-time protection" option to Off. This will disable Windows Defender
      in Windows 10.
    • Now try to convert a pdf to a ppt and see the difference.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Windows Defender stops scanning

You can follow these steps to disable Windows Defender from Windows 10:

• Type services in the Cortana search field, then click
      Services.
    • Locate then right-click Windows Defender Service.
    • Choose Stop.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if you have further queries.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Windows Defender Keep Stopping Frequently

How to disable windows defender for long time?

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you are willing to disable Windows Defender from your system. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue in a better way.

• Why are you trying to disable Windows Defender? Are you planning to install any third party security software?
    • From where you have followed the steps to disable Windows defender using registry?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator?

The steps which you have mentioned to disable Windows Defender using gpedit.msc is correct. If you are unable to disable it then you may do that by stopping the service responsible for Windows Defender. Here are steps which you may follow to perform the
    same task.

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type services.msc and hit enter.
    • There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service
      and Windows Defender Network14.
    • Right click on each and press stop.

If you will stop the service responsible for Windows Defender then it will not run till it is stopped. Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender Keep Stopping Frequently

1. Windows Defender Keep Stopping Frequently - Similar Threads - Defender Keep Stopping

2. Windows defender keeps stopping frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender keeps stopping frequently: I'm having this problem for a week now. Windows defender keeps stopping frequently and when I open it, it will shows an error. Restarting won't help. What to do?...
  3. Windows defender keeps stopping frequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender keeps stopping frequently: I'm having this problem for a week now. Windows defender keeps stopping frequently and when I open it, it will shows an error. Restarting won't help. What to do?...
  4. Windows defender keeps stopping frequently

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. defender keep stopping

defender keep stopping: Whenever I use it, it will hang up and needed to be re-open. After reopening it again the error will show up. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-keep-stopping/fb40c36c-3864-41a5-b982-efa4274a6879
  6. defender keep stopping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    defender keep stopping: Whenever I use it, it will hang up and needed to be re-open. After reopening it again the error will show up. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-keep-stopping/fb40c36c-3864-41a5-b982-efa4274a6879
  7. defender keep stopping

defender keep stopping: Whenever I use it, it will hang up and needed to be re-open. After reopening it again the error will show up. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defender-keep-stopping/fb40c36c-3864-41a5-b982-efa4274a6879
  8. Windows Defender keeps stopping frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender keeps stopping frequently: Hi, I have been facing for several weeks this problem that Windows Defender stops and when I open it and click restart it shows an error. Restarting the PC doesn't help I don't know how to solve this problem....
  9. Windows Defender keeps stopping frequently

Windows Defender keeps stopping frequently: Hi, I have been facing for several weeks this problem that Windows Defender stops and when I open it and click restart it shows an error. Restarting the PC doesn't help I don't know how to solve this problem....
  10. Windows Defender keeps stopping frequently