Windows 10: Windows defender keeps notifying about threats that have already been selected to be...

Discus and support Windows defender keeps notifying about threats that have already been selected to be... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So, I scanned backup files and windows defender found stuff in alot of them the same item repeated in each backup, I selected to quarantine all of them... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Byemax, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Byemax Win User

Windows defender keeps notifying about threats that have already been selected to be...

So, I scanned backup files and windows defender found stuff in alot of them the same item repeated in each backup, I selected to quarantine all of them and pressed start actions, after a while this shows up on the taband then I get a notification that there are actions needed, asking me to take recommended actions against the same items I selected to be quarantinedI even restarted but this happens everytime.Not really sure if this is visual or it actually has issues removing this stuff, I will run a scan after posting this.

:)

Byemax, Oct 12, 2021
  2. dencal Win User

Defender notified threat.

As my AV am using Kasperski free plus MBAM free.
    Also have set up Defender to do periodic scans (there being no conflict)

Defender has notified a threat and quarantined it.
    Neither Kasperski or Mbam reported it.
    Link below for info on threat.
    Spyware:Win32/WebHancer.A [Microsoft] | ThreatExpert Statistics

dencal, Oct 12, 2021
  3. M.Akmal Win User
    Windows defender is continuously notifying "defender antivirus found threats"

Hi,

I am running Windows 10 Education version 1703 61-bit on an Intel Xeon(R) X5472 @3.00GHz processesor.

This morning I started receiving these notifications from the windows defender app "defender antivirus found threats." three or four times every minute. The defender app already scanned and found the threat. it also performed an offline scan. but is continuing
    to notify multiple time a minute.

but when clicking on the notification the windows defender security center does not show any threat. the system has slowed down considerably.

What remedies should I apply.

Thank you

Best Regards

M.Akmal, Oct 12, 2021
  4. Ashton Win User

Windows defender keeps notifying about threats that have already been selected to be...

Suppress "Windows Defender Antivirus did not find any threats..." notification on Windows 10

You can turn off Enhanced Notifications for Windows Defender:

1. Press Windows + i.
    2. Click Update & Security.
    3. From the Update & security sidebar, click Windows Defender.
    4. Scroll to the Enhanced notifications section and select No.

If you do not see Enhanced notifications as an option (likely because you are running Windows 10 15042 or newer), include the following additional steps:

1. Click Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    2. Click Virus & threat protection.
    3. Scroll down and click Change notification settings.
    4. Turn off Receive recent activity and scan results.

This will turn of successful updates and only notify you critical events.

Ashton, Oct 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows defender keeps notifying about threats that have already been selected to be... - Similar Threads - defender keeps notifying

2. Unable to remove already deleted threats from Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove already deleted threats from Windows Defender: I've had some supposed virus files which I have already deleted but Windows defender still warns me everytime I go through a scan. I've thought about deleting the "Scan History" but I couldn't access the Scans folder due to permissions even though I am the owner and in the...
  3. Microsoft Defender is telling me there's an active threat but the file's already been removed.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender is telling me there's an active threat but the file's already been removed.: The file's already been deleted. I never unzipped the file or opened it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-is-telling-me-theres-an-active/c66dc2c7-359d-43ce-9de1-42cb0439046f
  4. Microsoft Defender is telling me there's an active threat but the file's already been removed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender is telling me there's an active threat but the file's already been removed.: The file's already been deleted. I never unzipped the file or opened it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-is-telling-me-theres-an-active/c66dc2c7-359d-43ce-9de1-42cb0439046f
  5. Microsoft Defender is telling me there's an active threat but the file's already been removed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microsoft Defender notifies me about a virus/threat while Microsoft Safety Scanner runs a...

Microsoft Defender notifies me about a virus/threat while Microsoft Safety Scanner runs a...: Hi everyone! I am using a Windows 10 Home, 64 bit. While running a full scan on my computer using Microsoft Safety Scanner latest version, I got a notification from Microsoft Security or Microsoft Defender, not sure what's the correct name, saying that it found a...
  7. Active threats have not been remediated - Windows Defender.

Active threats have not been remediated - Windows Defender.: Hello, I have scoured the internet to try to figure out how to fix this problem. It appears that malware has hijacked my UEFI firmware. I tried running Malwarebytes with rootkit detection in regular and safe mode, ADWcleaner, FRST, as well as an offline Windows Defender...
  8. Windows Defender Security Center Notifies - Virus and Threat Protection : unauthorized...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Security Center Notifies - Virus and Threat Protection : unauthorized...: I have Windows 10 64 bit version 1803 in my Desktop PC. As I recollect from 9/10th December 2018 I am facing an unusual problem which I am narrating below. I have already received more than a dozen such notifications from Windows Defender and I am helplessly viewing those...
  9. Windows defender keeps notifying

Windows defender keeps notifying: Hi, I've recently been having some weird issues going on with my laptop. The most recent being that my notification center keeps giving me notifications every time I turn on the laptop saying that a threat has been detected (by windows defender). If I click on the...
  10. Defender notified threat.

Defender notified threat.: As my AV am using Kasperski free plus MBAM free. Also have set up Defender to do periodic scans (there being no conflict) Defender has notified a threat and quarantined it. Neither Kasperski or Mbam reported it. Link below for info on threat. Spyware:Win32/WebHancer.A...