Windows 10: WINDOWS DEFENDER KEEPS SAYING ACTION NEEDED

Discus and support WINDOWS DEFENDER KEEPS SAYING ACTION NEEDED in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So i downloaded a game trainer and windows defender did its job by blocking a supposed trojanimage provided. It quarantined the threat but later on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JamesTempleton1, Aug 3, 2021.

1. WINDOWS DEFENDER KEEPS SAYING ACTION NEEDED

So i downloaded a game trainer and windows defender did its job by blocking a supposed trojanimage provided. It quarantined the threat but later on gave another notification of that same threat and this time clicking Start action doesn't work. Personally i know the threat is been taken care of so why does it still say "action needed"? From the looks of things the threat is contained so i don't understand why its behaving that way. Can anyone please help with a solution?

:)

JamesTempleton1, Aug 3, 2021
  2. lcsant Win User

Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed

hi All,

Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed when I click it, it shows a exclamation mark inside yellow triangle, but security dashboard is all green. Not sure why Windows defender keeps showing yellow exclamation when there is nothing
    to worry about regarding security.

Any help to identify the issue appreciated, or if someone confirms it's a bug then happy to ignore it till its fixed.

lcsant, Aug 3, 2021
  3. windows 10 - detected Malware notification - no action required.

Hi Manoj,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open Settings.

• Click on System and click on Notifications and Actions.

• Under Show notifications for these apps turn off the setting for Windows defender.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 3, 2021
  4. WINDOWS DEFENDER KEEPS SAYING ACTION NEEDED

window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

WINDOWS DEFENDER KEEPS SAYING ACTION NEEDED

1. WINDOWS DEFENDER KEEPS SAYING ACTION NEEDED - Similar Threads - DEFENDER KEEPS SAYING

2. Windows 11 - wifi keeps saying: "Action needed" and doesn't auto connect.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - wifi keeps saying: "Action needed" and doesn't auto connect.: Windows 11 clients not authenticating automatically and popping up the "Action Needed" dialog box. The computers would not authenticate automatically, but when following the dialog boxes we could get them to authenticate by manually telling the computer to try....
  3. Windows Defender saying there's actions needed against a "Trojan" that has been confirmed...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender saying there's actions needed against a "Trojan" that has been confirmed...: So, my problem is with Windows 11, and its damn buggy OS.I recently had found a trojans in my computer, and I remember, they were apart of a file I had deleted, and I had already cleared it from the Appdata Roaming folders, so for some reason, even after a few scans of...
  4. Windows Defender "Action Needed" but there's no malware detection

Windows Defender "Action Needed" but there's no malware detection: Every time on startup, my Windows Defender shows a 'action needed symbol' with a caution mark in a triangle which disappears a few moments later and gets replaced with the 'no action needed' symbol with a tick in a green circle.I scanned my computer several times with...
  5. Windows Defender Stuck Displaying "Actions Needed"

Windows Defender Stuck Displaying "Actions Needed": Yesterday, Windows Defender caught a threat on my device. Let me go ahead and preface by saying that I think it was a false positive caused by an issue with a DirectX implementation, but I only have anecdotal evidence. I still went ahead and let Defender remove it, though,...
  6. Windows Defender Showing Action Needed

Windows Defender Showing Action Needed: It is showing in action needed in the right side of my desktop but when I try to press do the further required its still not showing the green tick [Original Title: windows security]...
  7. Windows Defender Security Center action needed?

Windows Defender Security Center action needed?: I have just completed a fresh install of Windows 10, and lo and behold I have a security issue that requires action. Only the issue does not present itself. How do I make that little red X go away? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  8. Defender showing action needed while AGV say" You Are unprotected

Defender showing action needed while AGV say" You Are unprotected: Defender has been my antivirus always until today AGV came on and mentioned my PC not protected against antivirus. Simultaneously, Defender also stated same. So I needed to uninstall AGV. But while doing message came on and ask if I wanted to allow another program... It it ok...
  9. Windows Defender tells me "actions needed", but...

Windows Defender tells me "actions needed", but...: In the task bar I see "actions needed" [ATTACH] But if I open the Windows Defender Security Center I do not see any "action needed" ! Why? [ATTACH]...
  10. Problem with Windows Defender, needed action

Problem with Windows Defender, needed action: When I had this laptop upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 Pro I asked the tech to name it "xxxxx". He did that and whenever I fired up the machine I got "xxxxx Welcome". Last week I received an update from Microsoft and at the end of its installation (1 hour) the laptop told me...