Windows 10: Windows Defender Keeps Shutting Down

Discus and support Windows Defender Keeps Shutting Down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I try to run a full system scan windows defender shuts down before it can get very far. Is there a way to fix this? My laptop was updated last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JordanWhitworth, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Windows Defender Keeps Shutting Down

Whenever I try to run a full system scan windows defender shuts down before it can get very far. Is there a way to fix this? My laptop was updated last night.

:)

JordanWhitworth, Apr 23, 2021
  2. Le Boule Win User

windows defender keeps shutting itself off

You cannot uninstall/reinstall Defender – it’s part of the operating system.

Did you “Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender
    listed” as suggested in my previous post? What program is listed?

Superantispyware sometimes interferes with Windows Defender.

If you tried all steps in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    without success you may want to try option two in

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5918-turn-off-windows-defender-windows-10-a.html

Or

Try a different AV program (see my first post in this thread) or reset the computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

Good luck…

Le Boule, Apr 23, 2021
  3. windows defender keeps shutting itself off

Tried everything suggested, Defender shuts off at startup, and seconds after I try to turn it on...Everything is up-to-date

alamaral1977, Apr 23, 2021
  4. Windows Defender Keeps Shutting Down

Windows Defender Not On

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run virus scan to make sure the computer is free from virus.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove virus, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Method 2:

Turn the Defender on. Follow the below steps:

• In search, type Defender.
    • Now make the option ON by moving the slider accordingly.

Method 3: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender Keeps Shutting Down

1. Windows Defender Keeps Shutting Down - Similar Threads - Defender Keeps Shutting

2. Windows Defender Antivirus shutting down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Antivirus shutting down: Whenever I start a scan on my pc windows defender works fine at first but then as it takes up more than 90% of my CPU usage it crashes and says the last scan is not available. It has been doing this for a while and I do not have any other antiviruses installed. I used...
  3. Windows reset keeps shutting down.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows reset keeps shutting down.: I decided to reset my computer because its been glitching a lot and its very slow. While the reset was happening it just shuts down. I waited 5 minutes then I turned it back on. It was at 64%. When it went to 65% it just turned off. I turned it back on. It was at 64% again...
  4. Windows shutting down keep on going

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows shutting down keep on going: My laptop SURFACE LAPTOP 3 is keep on shutting sown from few hours . I have not done any uogrades or new softwares installtion but this is happening from when i tried to shutdown without closing all the open apps...
  5. Windows 10 keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keeps shutting down: Windows keep shutting down was unable to do the recent update when it started shutting down every few minutes. Tried doing other suggestions. Still shutting down thanks any help I can get. Dan...
  6. windows keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows keeps shutting down: I will be right in the middle of reading some news or something and all of a sudden I get a screen that says Microsoft has encountered a problem and will have to restart. My screen goes black but it never restarts on its own. I have to manually power off and wait 30 seconds...
  7. Windows Defender shuts down

Windows Defender shuts down: For some reason, yesterday and again today, Defender has turned OFF for no reason and I can't get it restarted without a restart. Then it will seem to start normally only to shut down shortly thereafter. The only change to my PC was been a Windows auto update KB4549951...
  8. Windows defender shutting everything down

Windows defender shutting everything down: All of a sudden my computer is shutting everything down in the middle of me working and window defender says i have a virus but will not download what am i supposed to do...
  9. Keeps Shutting Down

Keeps Shutting Down: Hi, For about 3 days my laptop keeps shutting down on it;s own. I have tried several ways to stop it: REGEDIT Windows Defenders Scans Antivirus Scans (McAfee) and Microsoft Safety Scanner None of them have founds anything in the system. How can I fix this problem?...
  10. Defender shut down

Defender shut down: I have a Asus x75vc Notebook LapTop WIN8, upgraded to Windows 10 Home, and the W.Defender has turned itself off. Is it supposed to be like that? Pandasecurity is the antivirus-program running on the laptop. . 28444

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com