Windows 10: Windows Defender keylogger question

Discus and support Windows Defender keylogger question in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This has probably been asked before, could not find it in the forum. Does Windows Defender prevent keyloggers attack. I'm not asking if it detect... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pulcinella, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Windows Defender keylogger question

This has probably been asked before, could not find it in the forum.
    Does Windows Defender prevent keyloggers attack.
    I'm not asking if it detect keylogger infections once the system is compromised, but before end.

:)

Pulcinella, Mar 20, 2017
  2. #D09r Dinesh, Mar 20, 2017
  3. Anti-Keylogger for Windows 10

Yes, Windows Defender contains all malware protection engines including Anti-Keylogger and it keeps regularly update.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Mar 20, 2017
  4. Windows Defender keylogger question

Pulcinella,

Cannot answer your question about Windows Defender actually preventing a keylogger attack. Someone familiar with the WD code may be able to answer that.

However, the best Keylogger protection, IMO, is obtained by using Anti-Keylogger software as an added layer of protection for your system.

Anti-keylogging software such as Zemana AntiLogger shields your system by encrypting your keystrokes.

Zemana AntiLogger:
    Download Zemana AntiLogger Free

cottonball, Mar 20, 2017
  5. Thanks for your reply.

I used Zemana Antilogger free for few years. It has not been updated for long time, also I do run VoodooShield which lock my computer at the hint of an intrusion and I wish to lighten up my system.
    I appreciate the thought that does not hurt to have an extra layer. However several free antivirus stop keyloggers on their track before they can execute.
    Hence why I asked if WD does that too. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. I know it will detect a keylogger infection during its routine scan and possibly get rid of it.
    I'm concerned about what happen between the intrusion and the time WD does its routine scan though.

Pulcinella, Mar 20, 2017
  6. I do not know the answer to your question.

Hopefully someone who does will provide some insight.

cottonball, Mar 21, 2017
  7. Never mind thanks all the same.

Pulcinella, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender keylogger question

1. Windows Defender keylogger question - Similar Threads - Defender keylogger question

2. Microsoft Defender and keyloggers, is it effective?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender and keyloggers, is it effective?: I tried searching online and get various opinions, but would like to get new answers as of 2021. My laptop runs W10 pro. So, can I trust Defender to protect me from keyloggers? I also use the on screen keyboard, but I'm not sure if the Windows keyboard is that effective....
  3. Windows Defender Question

Windows Defender Question: The screenshot shows my virus notification history using Windows Defender in Windows 10. 1. Do those notifications indicate the threat was removed? “Or Restored” has me confused. 2. If not, how can I remove the threats? Do I get a notification said threats were...
  4. Windows defender question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender question: So I just factory reset my laptop after concerns about a virus, after it was reset I ran a scan with windows defender and it said over 600k files were being scanned, but when it finished it said 300k were scanned. Is this normal or? submitted by /u/frogspin [link]...
  5. Would Windows Defender detect the installation of a keylogger?

Would Windows Defender detect the installation of a keylogger?: The installation would be installed remotely. Would Windows Defender block or at least notify of the installation? 157014
  6. Identifing Keylogger

Identifing Keylogger: 1. How can I identify if there is a keylogger installed in my PC? 2. To what extent SAFE MODE (with networking) will protect from keylogger. 3. Antivirus will only detect a known keylogger not a custom built. 4. How can I be certain that Microsoft itself is not a keylogger or...
  7. Keyloggers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Keyloggers: Clarify the terminology of containing the directory " And " Intended to contain directory " I got this from this site. https://norfolkinfosec.com/tag/hsmbalance-exe/...
  8. does Windows Defender detect and protect from keyloggers ?

does Windows Defender detect and protect from keyloggers ?: does Windows Defender detect and protect from keyloggers ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/does-windows-defender-detect-and-protect-from/5a2a35a0-1d5e-4fb2-bd04-2aa8aa5b7666
  9. Windows Defender question

Windows Defender question: Why would the Virus & threat protection say "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization"? This is a "standalone" surface pro and not part of a network....
  10. Windows Defender question

Windows Defender question: Is it OK if I have ONLY the Real Time protection turned ON in Windows 10? Do I really need to have Cloud Based Protection enabled? thank you 66701

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does windows defender detect keyloggers

2. does windows defender detect keystroke logger programs?

3. will windows defender detect keyloggers windows 10

4. zemana antilogger windows defender,
  5. windows defender and keystroke loger,
  6. windows defender keylogger,
  7. can windows defender detect keyloggers,
  8. windows defender keylogger detector,
  9. does windows defender antivirus detect keyloggers,
  10. does windows virus and threat protection detect keylogging,
  11. windows defender anti keylogger,
  12. does windows defender detect a key logger