Windows 10: Windows Defender kills my backup script?

Discus and support Windows Defender kills my backup script? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Since about recently, Windows Defender started quietly killing my backup script. When I went to check, it gave me this: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ahmd, Sep 27, 2019.

1. ahmd Win User

Windows Defender kills my backup script?

Since about recently, Windows Defender started quietly killing my backup script. When I went to check, it gave me this:

Windows Defender kills my backup script? rB8vT8k.png

Windows Defender kills my backup script? QyVFwmQ.png

Windows Defender kills my backup script? 4EoLO3W.png

This is not a "dangerous and executes commands from an attacker", this is the script that I wrote myself that closes Outlook and does the backup of its file.

So I even tried to exclude that folder, but it didn't help:

Windows Defender kills my backup script? FOwsWpF.png

Aside from disabling Defender, how do I make it work?

:)

2. Windows Script Host

Hi Tiara,

The message "Windows Script Host access is disabled on this machine. Contact your administrator for details" is usually occurring if a program that does not require the feature of Windows Script Host is running on a Windows PC. For us to provide an accurate
    solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Does the message appear when you are launching a specific application?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue happened?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps provided by
    Ramesh Srinivasan
    in this thread.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Windows Script Host: Can not find script file "C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\svcsystem.vbs"

Hello Nick,

This seems to be an issue related to a malware infection to your system.

A malware infection or an undesirable program could have installed a script to automatically start every time you boot up your computer. We recommend that you perform a full system scan with Windows Defender and perform a clean boot to completely remove
    the traces of the infection.

Refer to these support articles for the steps:

If the suggestions above didn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Sep 27, 2019
  4. wiak Win User

Thema:

1. Windows Defender kills my backup script? - Similar Threads - Defender kills backup

2. .bat script for killing specific Process ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    .bat script for killing specific Process ?: I need script that when i open script.bat file it automattically kills process items with specific name like kill web1.exe , text1.exe. without any user input. thanks. submitted by /u/Puzzled_Waltz326 [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows Defender quick kill

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender quick kill: Hi all. Got a bit of a weird problem. I'm currently playing a game which, for whatever unfathomable reason, displays noticeable glitchy and bugged behaviour when windows defender is on, and runs far more smoothly when I disable it. Obviously this is non ideal, but it is what...
  4. Windows Defender Backup - Alternatives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender Backup - Alternatives: So, I have had several crashes in the pastmostly caused by old clunky hardware, and as miraculous as it was I never sustained any major data losses. Mainly due to not heading Microsoft tech advice of reinstalling the system baka. So lately I have been wondering as I have...
  5. Windows 10 Shutdown script not performing Windows backup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Shutdown script not performing Windows backup: This script performed under Windows 7 Pro perfect for years. Group Policy etc. is modified to run the script on shutdown see script. Now I changed to Windows 10 Pro new hardware and got into one Problem. Running the script with adminrights while logged in works fine....
  6. Get backups by script using GPO

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Get backups by script using GPO: How to get backup from a user that exist In a domain by setting up a group policy and using a script for example when a user log off from his computer this script run and get backup and send to server....
  7. How do I stop Windows Defender from killing my backup script?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I stop Windows Defender from killing my backup script?: Since about recently, Windows Defender started quietly killing my backup script. When I went to check, it gave me this: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] This is not a "dangerous and executes commands from an attacker", this is the script that I wrote myself that...
  8. Defender Sandbox script?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Sandbox script?: I have the command to enable the Windows Defender Sandbox mode below. setx /M MP_FORCE_USE_SANDBOX 1 Can I create a batch or script file that I can just click and execute the command? If so, then how? Preferably, I would like to have a BAT or CMD file. Or, is there a...
  9. Defender Sandbox script?

in Windows 10 Support
    Defender Sandbox script?: I have the command to enable the Windows Defender Sandbox mode below. setx /M MP_FORCE_USE_SANDBOX 1 Can I create a batch or script file that I can just click and execute the command? If so, then how? Preferably, I would like to have a BAT or CMD file. Or, is there a...
  10. Windows Defender Offline Killed My Toshiba Satellite Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender Offline Killed My Toshiba Satellite Laptop: I attempted Windows Defender Offline, the laptop rebooted and now the only thing I see is a black screen. Nothing. The screen is no longer responding when I turn the laptop on, although it does turn on. Any ideas?...