Windows 10: Windows Defender last run time 1999

Discus and support Windows Defender last run time 1999 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, If I go into Task Scheduler and look at the various Windows Defender programs (cleanup, verification, etc.), they all show last runtime as... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JamesMcGregor3, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Windows Defender last run time 1999

Hi,

If I go into Task Scheduler and look at the various Windows Defender programs (cleanup, verification, etc.), they all show last runtime as 30/11/1999 and last runtime result as 0x41303.

However it must be running as Antimalware Service Executable takes up 60% of my memory in Task Manager, and my laptop hasn't succumbed to hackers, viruses etc. right?

Thanks,

James

:)

JamesMcGregor3, Oct 19, 2018

2. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you are willing to disable Windows Defender from your system. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue in a better way.

• Why are you trying to disable Windows Defender? Are you planning to install any third party security software?
    • From where you have followed the steps to disable Windows defender using registry?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator?

The steps which you have mentioned to disable Windows Defender using gpedit.msc is correct. If you are unable to disable it then you may do that by stopping the service responsible for Windows Defender. Here are steps which you may follow to perform the
    same task.

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type services.msc and hit enter.
    • There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service
      and Windows Defender Network14.
    • Right click on each and press stop.

If you will stop the service responsible for Windows Defender then it will not run till it is stopped. Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Windows defender's process running despite it being disabled.

Windows Defender is integrated within Windows 10. So you have it and it is running (as it should be) unless you installed a 3rd party "real-time" anti-malware solution. If you are using an alternative security solution, it should have registered itself with Windows Action Center which would then disable the real-time component of Windows Defender - unless you specifically told the 3rd party solution not to register itself.

For example, if you purchased Malwarebytes "Premium", it has a real-time scanner (the free version does not). When you install Malwarebytes Premium, it registers itself in Windows Action Center. But because Malwarebytes and Windows Defender play very well together without hogging resources or causing conflicts, it is often recommended to allow each to run at the same time. So to allow that, the user has to manually go into the Malwarebytes control panel Settings menu and select the option to "Never register Malwarebytes in the Windows Action Center".

I suspect other 3rd party solutions provide similar options so you might check that out if you did indeed, install a 3rd party security solution.

Both Windows Update and Windows Defender are supposed to step way back in to the background so they do not interfere with system performance when you are actively using your computer. But this is not always possible, especially if you regularly shut down your computer when you step away from it (instead of just letting it go to sleep), as too much time may have passed and your system is too far behind in Windows and security updates.

Without you noting which program was actually consuming the lion's share of that 80%, there's no way to tell what, at this point, was causing the problem. However, I would not put it past a browser. Chrome, for example, is very good (or bad, I should say) at eating up a lot of RAM and failing to let it go when exited.

Bill_Bright, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Windows Defender last run time 1999

How to disable windows defender for long time?

Dear ramesh,

I too agree with Farah in that the options to start, stop Windows Defender are not clickable. There should be a way to stop the WD

Azad Rahimtoola, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender last run time 1999

1. Windows Defender last run time 1999 - Similar Threads - Defender last run

2. Windows Defender run time & number of files scanned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender run time & number of files scanned: I have Windows 10, with all updates installed. When I run Windows Defender's Full Scan, it varies widely as to how long it takes to run and the number of files scanned. Today I ran a full scan and it finished in 21 minutes 214,812 files scanned. I thought this was not right,...
  3. Windows Defender run time & number of files scanned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender run time & number of files scanned: I have Windows 10, with all updates installed. When I run Windows Defender's Full Scan, it varies widely as to how long it takes to run and the number of files scanned. Today I ran a full scan and it finished in 21 minutes 214,812 files scanned. I thought this was not right,...
  4. Windows Defender run time & number of files scanned

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Defender Quick Scan runs all the time.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Quick Scan runs all the time.: Split from this thread. Im having the same problem quick scan just runs and runs, I update windows pretty much everytime I start up. it appears to be up to date...
  6. 1999 pharaoh game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1999 pharaoh game: how can i install this on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1999-pharaoh-game/eb805b14-216b-449b-9d88-01ef7fa0d96b
  7. LinksLS 1999 on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    LinksLS 1999 on Windows 10: Can I Install LinksLS 1999 on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linksls-1999-on-windows-10/3716cf1d-8ab6-4444-bdad-f7430244ca3e
  8. Microsoft Money 1999

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Money 1999: I have windows 10. When I go to print a check and screen goes blank. Is anyone else having this issue and can help me resolve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-money-1999/ed13d28f-a8ae-48b2-8d24-243b10322cd2
  9. Last update in windows defender always shows the wrong time/date

Last update in windows defender always shows the wrong time/date: When I update windows defender, the last update "date/time" always shows up as 4 hours prior to my computer time (eastern Time). For instance, I updated today at 2019-06-12 7:29 PM (my computer time and my region time which is one and the same: eastern time), but Defender...
  10. Is Windows Defender Running All the time?

Is Windows Defender Running All the time?: I've just upgraded to Win 10 and I am slowly figuring out where everything is. I also like to set certain apps to be visible in the Tray. Windows Defender is one of those I have set to be visible all the time. When I restart, it's not there. I go to Settings>Update &...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. last run time 1999 windows

2. windows defender 0x41303