Windows 10: Windows defender locking down my pc over 5 times a day at awful times

Discus and support Windows defender locking down my pc over 5 times a day at awful times in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey! I've read through several guides on how to unfuck windows defender from doing scans all the time. For me, it scans my pc every single time I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/StickmanAdmin, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Windows defender locking down my pc over 5 times a day at awful times

Hey! I've read through several guides on how to unfuck windows defender from doing scans all the time.

For me, it scans my pc every single time I connect any usb device or bluetooth device, often when I launch programs and other random times. It's extremely infuriating as it always uses 100% processor load which makes my cpu literally scream, I'm lucky I have good cooling but still.

The settings are done to be as user un-friendly as possible and I cannot find relevant settings for it Windows defender locking down my pc over 5 times a day at awful times :(

Anyone know how to take proper control of when and how it searches? I also really want to limit it to like, 70% cpu load

submitted by /u/StickmanAdmin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/StickmanAdmin, Jun 1, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

windows 10 lock screen slideshow timing...

Hello Andrew,

I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps. Refer to the below steps:

• Type Lock screen in the search bar and press enter

• Select Advanced Slideshow settings

• Click on Turn off screen after slideshow has played for and select the time limit
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Arul_D, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Screen Lock Time

When I step away from my computer for 5 minutes my screen locks. How can I increase the time before my screen locks?

PaulPassaro, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Windows defender locking down my pc over 5 times a day at awful times

Unable to turn on Windows Defender real time protection

Hi guys, I'm a bit desperate here right now. *Confused

I have the same problem that this guy over here. I'm running Windows 10 Home x64, version 1607, build 14393.0.

I had to restore the PC to a previous point because I ****ed up some drivers. Then my AV (Bitdefender Free) started having some issues (they gui didn't display correctly) so I decided to uninstall it and just go with Windows Defender.

The problem is I can't get it to work... I get a notification in the Action Center saying to turn on the virus protection, when I click it, Windows Defender goes green(PC status: protected, Real time protection: on) for a second and then goes yellow again (PC status: Windows Defender is OFF, Real time protection: Handled by another AV program) and I get the notification again. If instead of clicking the notification I click "Turn on" on the Windows Defender gui, Windows opens another window, "Apps & Features" in settings, like asking me to uninstall the other, nonexistent AV.

Now, I've tried a lot of things...

• Of course, I have completely uninstalled Bitdefender. I used the official tool provided by them for this. There is nothing in the registry by bitdefender nor any file or folder by that name in my PC.

• I have tried every step listed here.

• I have tried to install another AV (Avast) and the uninstall it to see if this would "reset" somehow windows defender. (Nope.)

• I have run MBAM and nothing pops-up

In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender there is noDisableAntiSpyware key. But in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender there is a DisableAntiSpyware key and its value is 0. (Not sure if this is important but wanted to give you the info.)

Anyone has any idea? Right now I'm thinking of downloading another AV or just go without any and be done with it. *Huh

ThunderRoad, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows defender locking down my pc over 5 times a day at awful times

1. Windows defender locking down my pc over 5 times a day at awful times - Similar Threads - defender locking down

2. PC Freezing - Blue Shutdowns - At least 5+ Times A Day.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezing - Blue Shutdowns - At least 5+ Times A Day.: My PC Windows 11 keeps Freezing and have to press the RESET to get it back on. Or Blue Screed Shutdown. At least 5+ times a day this is doing this and now really annoying. I have took some copies from the reliability checker and hope this will help why this is happening?...
  3. PC Freezing - Blue Shutdowns - At least 5+ Times A Day.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Freezing - Blue Shutdowns - At least 5+ Times A Day.: My PC Windows 11 keeps Freezing and have to press the RESET to get it back on. Or Blue Screed Shutdown. At least 5+ times a day this is doing this and now really annoying. I have took some copies from the reliability checker and hope this will help why this is happening?...
  4. Blue screen 5 times a day.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen 5 times a day.: This has happen since I reset my computer last month. I get a blue screen at least 5 times a day. I don't have much on it in the way of programs. Quicken, Open Office, Picasa, Good Solitaire and a Ringtone Maker is about it. I checked my log and I have 3438 of these in...
  5. Windows 10 Is Slowing Down Over Time?

Windows 10 Is Slowing Down Over Time?: A few months after I got my windows I felt like it was slower it took a while to load up the edge. Now it's been almost 2 years and my computer takes about 1 minute to load up edge andEVEN after it's been loaded I can't even click any tabs for almost 5 minutes! I'm getting a...
  6. blue screen 5 times a day

in Windows 10 Customization
    blue screen 5 times a day: what is goin on can anyone help me please CRITICAL STRUCTURE CORRUPTION IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL can any one help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-5-times-a-day/70e32674-73b2-4809-822f-2e68a6dbd2b4
  7. my pc shuts down and restarts 2 to 4 times a day

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    my pc shuts down and restarts 2 to 4 times a day: Problem Event Name: StoreAgentScanForUpdatesFailure0 ClientAppId: Update; HResult: 8024402c OSVersion: 19041 OSRevision: 508 DeviceClass: Windows.Desktop OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.101 Locale ID: 1033 Extra information about the problem Bucket ID:...
  8. Pc Crashing About 2-5 times a day

Pc Crashing About 2-5 times a day: I want to ask if i should just erase everything on my pc because it keeps crashing and sometimes get stuck on the blue screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-crashing-about-2-5-times-a-day/923766b6-e794-44e7-a127-5bd6af88f872
  9. My pc crashes multiple times a day

My pc crashes multiple times a day: I'm on windows 10 and my pc crashes multiple times a day. There is no black screen or blue screen, it just freezes. If no audio was playing at the time of the crash, it stays silent. If audio is playing there is a loud recurring buzzing sound. I've tried updating all of my...
  10. Windows 10 slow down over time.

Windows 10 slow down over time.: Hi. Im using Windows 10 build 17134.765 The first time I use it, it's not smooth. By the time goes, it become slower and slower. By now it's often not responding even though just open windows explorer and Microsoft word. I'm using Asus A442UR, so specification shouldn't...