Windows 10: Windows Defender log only on Industrial Automation System

Discus and support Windows Defender log only on Industrial Automation System in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; On an Industrial Automation System running Windows 10 IoT LTSB 2016 I want to use Windows Defender. Because the machines these systems control can be... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Hubert-Jan, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Windows Defender log only on Industrial Automation System

On an Industrial Automation System running Windows 10 IoT LTSB 2016 I want to use Windows Defender. Because the machines these systems control can be operational 24/7 I do not want uncontrolled file deletion or have them quarantined. This way I want to prevent the machine will stop uncontrolled.

I only want Windows Defender to report (in EventViewer) what is going on. Then I can filter events from the EventViewer and send an e-mail to a technician, who can inspect the issue.

Is there a way to accomplish this with Windows Defender?

(I am aware that this is not the best way to secure the system. But this way I would have a good compromise between machine safety, securing the production and securing the system.)

:)

Hubert-Jan, Sep 19, 2018
  2. malware Win User

Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Sep 19, 2018
  3. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you are willing to disable Windows Defender from your system. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue in a better way.

• Why are you trying to disable Windows Defender? Are you planning to install any third party security software?
    • From where you have followed the steps to disable Windows defender using registry?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator?

The steps which you have mentioned to disable Windows Defender using gpedit.msc is correct. If you are unable to disable it then you may do that by stopping the service responsible for Windows Defender. Here are steps which you may follow to perform the
    same task.

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type services.msc and hit enter.
    • There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service
      and Windows Defender Network14.
    • Right click on each and press stop.

If you will stop the service responsible for Windows Defender then it will not run till it is stopped. Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Windows Defender log only on Industrial Automation System

Automated Response for Windows Defender ATP

Source: Automated Response for Windows Defender ATP - Windows For Your Business

Brink, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender log only on Industrial Automation System

1. Windows Defender log only on Industrial Automation System - Similar Threads - Defender log Industrial

2. Windows Defender Support Logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Support Logs: How do I delete mp logs in microsoft defender upper folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-support-logs/5ae3d351-b1ac-498d-ac5d-3820790f5db5
  3. Windows Defender Support Logs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Support Logs: How do I delete mp logs in microsoft defender upper folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-support-logs/5ae3d351-b1ac-498d-ac5d-3820790f5db5
  4. Install Windows 10 on industrial device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Windows 10 on industrial device: I am from Hydrocarbon/Oil refinery industry, India. We are having Windows 7 operating system on HP Z420 workstation for industrial DCS operations. Due to rapid software changes in Microsoft, we are facing dilemmas1. Can we load Windows 10 LTSC in existing HP Z420...
  5. Need for Automated System File Checker?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need for Automated System File Checker?: How many Windows 10 systems have problems because of underlying system file problems. I guess that a lot of Patch Tuesday issues are due to system problems which users are unaware of. Isn't it possible for Microsoft to design a process which is constantly on the lookout for...
  6. Need for Automated System File Checker?

in Windows 10 Support
    Need for Automated System File Checker?: How many Windows 10 systems have problems because of underlying system file problems. I guess that a lot of Patch Tuesday issues are due to system problems which users are unaware of. Isn't it possible for Microsoft to design a process which is constantly on the lookout for...
  7. When excluding a folder in Windows Defender, is it system-wide or account logged in only?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When excluding a folder in Windows Defender, is it system-wide or account logged in only?: Working on setting up a PC that is company hardware for their overall hardware and Windows Defender slows down file writes by several seconds unless a folder for our application is excluded where the delay is only a couple seconds now. The question is: Is putting an...
  8. Windows Defender ATP partnering w/ industry to reduce false positives

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender ATP partnering w/ industry to reduce false positives: Every day, antivirus capabilities in Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (Windows Defender ATP) protect millions of customers from threats. To effectively scale protection, Windows Defender ATP uses intelligent systems that combine multiple layers of machine learning...
  9. Automate system integrity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automate system integrity: The attached script schedules a weekly /RestoreHealth and /scannow execution to maintain file integrity. It runs silently and will only prompt if unable to complete either scan or corrupted files are found. On first run it creates the task to run weekly. [img] If an...
  10. Automated Response for Windows Defender ATP

in Windows 10 News
    Automated Response for Windows Defender ATP: From C-level execs to Sec-Ops pros, our customers tell us they are overwhelmed with the rapid pace new cyber threats are released in the wild. That’s why at Microsoft staying ahead of the security challenges our customers are facing and shifting the industry to...