Windows 10: windows defender mcaffee and norton

Discus and support windows defender mcaffee and norton in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have mcaffee and Norton 360 on my computer. I have clicked over to windows defender. when I click on mcaffee or Norton 360 nothing seems to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by brianshortland, Aug 30, 2018.

1. windows defender mcaffee and norton

I have mcaffee and Norton 360 on my computer.

I have clicked over to windows defender.

when I click on mcaffee or Norton 360 nothing seems to happen.

do I still need them ?

can I run them separate to windows defender?

or are they now surplus as windows defender is all I need

if I were to unsubscribe to mcaffee and Norton

would my Norton safe search still work

:)

brianshortland, Aug 30, 2018

2. Windows Defender and McAffee

sadly not...I uninstalled the programme but there is a second item listed in programmes which seems to be an empty file, just a banner for McAffee LIvesafe asking me to update my subscription. When I try to uninstall that I get a pop up asking which file
    I want...but there is no option to highlight and nothing listed. I can't delete it through right click either. I've restarted twice and still have Defender saying I need to update Virus protection and Firewall through McAffee....

Wondering if I should install the McAffee uninstaller as someone suggested above??

IreneCollier, Aug 30, 2018
  3. Windows Defender and McAffee

I bought an HP laptop with both Windows Defender and McAffee loaded in Windows 10. Now apparently my "free" period with McAffee has ended. I understood that Defender was all I really need but checking the status on Defender it tells me that both the Firewall
    and Virus threat protection needs attention in McAffee. Can someone tell me what I need to do?

Thank you

4. windows defender mcaffee and norton

Windows Defender and McAffee

Thank you so much...I started to uninstall McAffee, then thought I had better check Defender which pointed me back to McAffee for Firewall and Virus protection.

I'll take a leap of faith and uninstall hoping that Defender picks it up! Should I also sign into Account Protection for "enhanced Microsoft security"?

Irene

Thema:

windows defender mcaffee and norton

1. windows defender mcaffee and norton - Similar Threads - defender mcaffee norton

2. Mcaffee Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mcaffee Feature: Okay, yes, I know I should put this on the Mcaffee help forum...but. Okay, I have no excuse.Anyway, this feature is disabled never set it up, I suppose and it says that I need to have my attention directed to it, is this dangerous I physically can't interact with it?...
  3. McAffee

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    McAffee: I am constantly being bombarded with requests to rejoin MacAfee which I do NOT want to do, how do I stop this invasion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mcaffee/83f65f26-0e57-4d4a-ae71-ba3799c66bf9
  4. McAffee

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    McAffee: I am constantly being bombarded with requests to rejoin MacAfee which I do NOT want to do, how do I stop this invasion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mcaffee/83f65f26-0e57-4d4a-ae71-ba3799c66bf9
  5. McAffee

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Norton 360 and Windows Defender both are off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Norton 360 and Windows Defender both are off: Hi, I want to write about subject matter, I see that both are off and I cannot make it on one of them also. I have been to web site of Windows and I found the same problem and the solution, I tried all of three and nothing work. Any other solution please? I am using Windows...
  7. McAffee vs Windows Defender. Will it catch what Windows defender missed?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    McAffee vs Windows Defender. Will it catch what Windows defender missed?: Windows defender is a huge resource hog. I believe McAffee is bigger. Is McAffee that much better. Is it worth the price in resources. I find the offers to upgrade harassing. They are not my favorite company. Some of you guys are big fans. Im curious. My opinion isnt set in...
  8. Windows Defender or Norton

Windows Defender or Norton: Should I stay with windows defender or go with Norton? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-or-norton/eb0e3ceb-7a08-49a3-9414-5bbd384c1f39
  9. NORTON Security vs Windows Defender

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NORTON Security vs Windows Defender: I am a Windows 10 OS user. Quite happy with it's performance. However, since the very recent update 1903, I am facing slowing down of my system. I am not an IT expert but a learned user. I am being advised to remove the Norton Security system, which is a licensed version...
  10. Norton and Defender conflict

Norton and Defender conflict: Since the KB 4471332 Windows 10 (V1809) Update I have had problems with security conflicts on my Acer Laptop. I had previously posted this problem in the 'Updates' forum and thought that I had resolved it by a simple Norton uninstall/reinstall but it seems that the problem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. norton subscription ended windows defender