Windows 10: Windows Defender Message: "Virus protection is provided by your organization"

Discus and support Windows Defender Message: "Virus protection is provided by your organization" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Defender says "Virus protection is provided by your organization" and is turned off, but it is a personal computer and I have no... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pamic0229, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Pamic0229 Win User

Windows Defender Message: "Virus protection is provided by your organization"

Windows Defender says "Virus protection is provided by your organization" and is turned off, but it is a personal computer and I have no "organization".

It will not let me turn it back on.

Can someone tell me what has happened and how to fix this?

[Original Title: Windows Defender]

:)

Pamic0229, Dec 13, 2018

2. Cannot turn on Windows Defender virus protection

I had the same sort of symptoms. In the Windows Security Center, under Virus and threat protection, it said "Your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization."

Windows Defender Message: "Virus protection is provided by your organization" wm5Jc.png

I note you mentioned the Registry Keys under HKLM/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows Defender. Nice spotting, but it seems like there is another key that is causing the problem for some users.

Steps to a solution:

1. Press the Windows key and type "regedit"
    2. On the regedit icon that appears, right-click and select Run as Administrator.
    3. Navigate to the folder located at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender (You can paste this into the address box at the top of the window, or navigate manually using the side directory structure)
    4. In this folder, there are probably two keys. Right-click and Delete the DisableAntiSpyware key.
    5. Exit regedit, and return to the Windows Defender settings screen (refresh it if necessary). Windows Defender should have the scan options available and working.

Solution adapted from here, with a much more detailed solution here.

MechtEngineer, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Booster2 Win User
    How to turn on Window Defender virus protection.

I installed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Now my Windows Defender is turned off. I need the virus protection but am unable to turn on Defender virus protection. I am using Windows 10. Any suggestions?

Booster2, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Geoffoh Win User

Can't run Windows Defender

Win Defender Security Centre lists my Virus and Threat Protection as disabled. The message reads "Your Virus & threat Protection is managed by your organization."

This happened a month ago and was resolved when I thoroughly removed Malwarebytes, though it and Win Defender had co-existed without trouble for some years. Now Malwarebytes is gone, no other antimalware software in place. Anyone suggest what could be
    disabling Win Defender?

Geoffoh, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Message: "Virus protection is provided by your organization" - Similar Threads - Defender Message Virus

2. Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization message in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization message in Windows 10: I can't open Virus and Threat Protection.I hope someone could help me with this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/your-virus-threat-protection-is-managed-by-your/2669bfd2-1220-4995-9cfb-37c69117d8f1
  3. your virus and threat protection is manged by your organization

your virus and threat protection is manged by your organization: my computer keeps saying your virus and thraet protection is manged by your organiztion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/your-virus-and-threat-protection-is-manged-by-your/864e1e14-8931-49f2-87df-36ac8248bd18
  4. Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization

Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization: I need help windows security keeps saying Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/your-virus-threat-protection-is-managed-by-your/b37beabe-522e-4a63-8f45-c5007edc62c1
  5. Your Virus and Threat Protection is managed by your organization

Your Virus and Threat Protection is managed by your organization: When I open my defender it says "Your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization". I've already tried the "DisableAntiSpyware" thing and it doesn't work. I'v also run scans with MalwareBytes and that didn't work. Please, I just want my computer fixed....
  6. your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization...?

your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization...?: your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization...? how I fix this problem can you tell me about...? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/your-virus-threat-protection-is-managed-by-your/3bde5085-61df-4b10-8aa6-51b6ccfcfbc4
  7. Your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization.

Your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization.: Window Defender tells me Your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization but I don't have any other protection apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/your-virus-and-threat-protection-is-managed-by/949d8157-b690-47d8-b9af-999211251ec8
  8. Windows defender: "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization"

Windows defender: "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization": I have a problem with my Windows Defender. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-your-virus-threat-protection-is/9333d327-dcc1-41d7-be92-2e90e7487e90"
  9. virus & threat protection is managed by your organization at windows defender in windows 10...

virus & threat protection is managed by your organization at windows defender in windows 10...: [ATTACH]how to active a protection virus its,,,can tell me a step and step to clear my problem its thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-is-managed-by-your/ffdb2aae-0575-4889-9f16-6f7cb0ceca06
  10. “your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization”

“your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization”: My Windows 10 keeps reverting to Defender policy “your virus & threat protection is managed by your organization” I did apply the recommended solution of running as administrator the command: > REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virus protection is controlled by organization

2. windowsdefender virus protection provided

3. unable to turn on windows defender in red it says your antivirus is controlled by your organization.

4. windows defender message,
  5. virus and threat protection managed by organization,
  6. virus and threat protection managed by your organization,
  7. windows 10 defender your virus protection is being managed by your organization,
  8. my windows defender says it is managed by your organization what does that mean,
  9. windows defender says managed by your organization,
  10. your virus and threatdetails is being managed by your organization win 10,
  11. your virus protection is provided by your,
  12. windows defender says managed by organization,
  13. virus and threat protection provided by your it