Windows 10: WINDOWS DEFENDER MESSED UP BADLY

Discus and support WINDOWS DEFENDER MESSED UP BADLY in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can't use my windows defender and also I Can't find "Security Centre" in service.msc . I also have recently downloaded malwarebytes and removed some... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Arafat Sakib1, Jun 18, 2022.

1. WINDOWS DEFENDER MESSED UP BADLY

I can't use my windows defender and also I Can't find "Security Centre" in service.msc . I also have recently downloaded malwarebytes and removed some trojan and a virus called "SOUNDFLOWPICKER". But my win def is still not working .I am eagerly looking for a viable solution. Please Help me through this

:)

Arafat Sakib1, Jun 18, 2022

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jun 18, 2022
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Jun 18, 2022
  4. Arul_D Win User

WINDOWS DEFENDER MESSED UP BADLY

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Jun 18, 2022
Thema:

WINDOWS DEFENDER MESSED UP BADLY

1. WINDOWS DEFENDER MESSED UP BADLY - Similar Threads - DEFENDER MESSED BADLY

2. Windows Defender SmartScreen messing up OneDrive Downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender SmartScreen messing up OneDrive Downloads: Hi All,Having a mare with OneDrive and SmartScreen since this morning.Most users have been using OneDrive fine but this morning every single document opened kicks in SS saying it is downloading but it does not complete and errors out.The operation was not completed before the...
  3. Windows Defender SmartScreen messing up OneDrive Downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender SmartScreen messing up OneDrive Downloads: Hi All,Having a mare with OneDrive and SmartScreen since this morning.Most users have been using OneDrive fine but this morning every single document opened kicks in SS saying it is downloading but it does not complete and errors out.The operation was not completed before the...
  4. Windows Defender SmartScreen messing up OneDrive Downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer badly messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer badly messed up: I'll get straight to the point to not bother you with unneeded information.I tried factory restarting my Windows 11 computer with the reset settings Remove everything > Local reinstall > Clean data, Delete files from all drivesThen I got the message "There was a problem...
  6. Computer badly messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer badly messed up: I'll get straight to the point to not bother you with unneeded information.I tried factory restarting my Windows 11 computer with the reset settings Remove everything > Local reinstall > Clean data, Delete files from all drivesThen I got the message "There was a problem...
  7. Microsoft defender offline scan mess up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft defender offline scan mess up: I got a virus on my old computer now I have a better computer and I'm paranoid about getting a virus so I did an offline scan and it messed up a game on my computer like a picture in it is bigger than it supposed to be and I don't know if it's something else or if it can...
  8. Trying to figure out how badly I messed up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to figure out how badly I messed up: [ATTACH] Hard to TL;DR this. I recently swapped the HDD on my other laptop with an SSD, and now I'm using that HDD as a backup hard drive. I plugged it into my main laptop (in an external enclosure), and was planning to delete all the folders and files that weren't...
  9. I accidentally messed up Windows Defender (help!)

I accidentally messed up Windows Defender (help!): Hello. I was trying for a method on Youtube to turn off Windows Defender since exclusions was not working, and it kept deleting all my files I need. I did a method where I must of renamed something, I cleared my history so I do not know what the video was. Here is a...
  10. Windows Defender messing things up.

Windows Defender messing things up.: For a while now, my windows defender has been acting over aggressively for a bunch of files and is preventing me from downloading certain files and changing certain settings. It also won't let me save in many different video games, and the only thing that is allowing me to...