Windows 10: Windows Defender messing things up.

Discus and support Windows Defender messing things up. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For a while now, my windows defender has been acting over aggressively for a bunch of files and is preventing me from downloading certain files and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Frauggu, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Frauggu Win User

Windows Defender messing things up.

For a while now, my windows defender has been acting over aggressively for a bunch of files and is preventing me from downloading certain files and changing certain settings. It also won't let me save in many different video games, and the only thing that is allowing me to save is to turn off windows defender. I gave the files all of the correct permissions, and I have tried every solution, and so far turning windows defender off was the only one that worked. The problem, however, is that despite turning it off working for some, many still refuse to save and many things still aren't working properly.

:)

Frauggu, Oct 25, 2018

2. Windows Defender Fails Malware Test

Naw... I'll just stick by Windows Server 2003 SP #1 fully hotfix patched (& current on that note), for now @ least, & doing what I do, to get THIS kind of security analysis score:

Windows Defender messing things up. APKBelarcAdvisor5of10ScoreBETTERThan417Before.jpg

I never suck in virus' either! The 2 the times I thought I did, the past 15 years now? They were my own fault (running 2 antivirus once, & another I don't know WHAT caused it, or I can't recall specifics anymore) in "false positives"!

Ever since I started implementing a BOAT LOAD of things ANYONE can do, if they take 45 min. - 1 hr. running, or doing:

• BELARC advisor
    • Using some security & speed oriented .reg file hacks
    • gpedit.msc (altering various policies for better security)
    • secpol.msc (hardening default security policies)
    • lusrmgr.msc (hardening default userrights)
    • regedit.exe (registry hive ACL rights)
    • explorer.exe (NTFS rights)
    • Turning off java/javascript & ActiveX/ActiveScripting in browsers
    • Using Tcp/IP ports filtrating (easy to do in IP properties)
    • Turning off Services I do NOT use that may have holes
    • AntiVirus (AntiVir, NOD32, AVG, or Norton Corporate 10.2 edition (my favs @ least - I keep 1 resident, & one other as a 2nd opinion))
    • AntiSpyware program (I like AdAware & SpyBot + use both, 2nd opinion stuff again)
    • SEVERAL AntiRootkit programs (GMER, AVG, BitDefender, BlackLight, Rootkit Buster, Rootkit Revealer, AntiRootKit, Rootkit Hook Analyzer, Sophos - all many doctors opinions from what I feel IS the biggest threat out there now, rootkits)
    • + using a hardware NAT firewall in combination w/ a software firewall (ZoneAlarm used to be good, & the native Windows firewall isn't bad, except for noting outgoing packets)
    • Keeping up on Microsoft security patches to the OS & programs from them I use
    • Being SMART about not opening email attachments & also using TEXT or RTF as my email reading format too
    • After trimming services I do NOT use (& even the ones I don't as well, set disabled or not), I secure them ALL, per this thread:
    http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=16097

• Using adbanner blocking HOSTS files (adbanners have been found to hold malicious code more than a few times the past 4-5 years now mind you)
    *HARD TO BELIEVE ON THAT NOTE OF ADBANNERS HOUSING MALWARES IN SCRIPT & MORE?

CHECK THIS, DATED TODAY 02/21/2007:

Microsoft apologises for serving malware

http://apcmag.com/5382/microsoft_apologises_for_serving_malware_to_customers

*Smile Windows Defender messing things up. :)

* YOU DO ALL OF THAT? Yes, You CAN be safe online & use Windows, just takes a bit of work... 1 hr. implementing it all, & maybe another 1/2 hr. testing it (like when you secure services - I did a BIG list, but not every possible service under the sun, because I have not run them ALL!)

MS ships their Operating Systems 'generic' enough to run on anything FULL FUNCTION, right outta the box... this can be its 'problem' too!

APK

P.S.=> Funny thing is though, I don't think we'll EVER be "110% solid secure" unless we go OFFLINE... @ least not for another 5 yrs. or so & then I think we'll be REALLY close @ least!

Microsoft's taking the RIGHT steps, in the RIGHT direction in their apps & OS, & so are other vendors too... this is a GREAT trend!

Heck - funny thing is? Snort turned up a security hole the other day... a program you CAN use to defend yourself... mistakes & oversights get made is all, still now even.

Today? It's the "Wild West" still, not as bad as it used to be in the earlier days/decades, but still 'risky' to an extent... still in the Stone Age guys, you'll miss these days, when they are gone... apk

Alec§taar, Oct 25, 2018
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Oct 25, 2018
  4. Windows Defender messing things up.

Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender messing things up.

1. Windows Defender messing things up. - Similar Threads - Defender messing things

2. Just stop messing things up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just stop messing things up: If I wanted an Apple computer I would have bought an Apple computer. Why does Microsoft keep trying to copy everything Apple does? I do not want the start button in the middle of the task bar, so I moved it. I do not want to use to appreciation "app" it is not a word, stop...
  3. Just stop messing things up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just stop messing things up: If I wanted an Apple computer I would have bought an Apple computer. Why does Microsoft keep trying to copy everything Apple does? I do not want the start button in the middle of the task bar, so I moved it. I do not want to use to appreciation "app" it is not a word, stop...
  4. Windows cloud drive messing things up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cloud drive messing things up: I did a clean install of Windows 10 but it came with the cloud. It has me totally confused as it added another user with my mis-spelled name. I can't rename or delete this. I have ended up with about 3 copies of pictures & documents etc which has nearly used up all of the...
  5. Windows cloud drive messing things up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cloud drive messing things up: I did a clean install of Windows 10 but it came with the cloud. It has me totally confused as it added another user with my mis-spelled name. I can't rename or delete this. I have ended up with about 3 copies of pictures & documents etc which has nearly used up all of the...
  6. Windows cloud drive messing things up

7. WINDOWS DEFENDER MESSED UP BADLY

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WINDOWS DEFENDER MESSED UP BADLY: I can't use my windows defender and also I Can't find "Security Centre" in service.msc . I also have recently downloaded malwarebytes and removed some trojan and a virus called "SOUNDFLOWPICKER". But my win def is still not working .I am eagerly looking for a viable solution....
  8. Windows Defender SmartScreen messing up OneDrive Downloads

Windows Defender SmartScreen messing up OneDrive Downloads: Hi All,Having a mare with OneDrive and SmartScreen since this morning.Most users have been using OneDrive fine but this morning every single document opened kicks in SS saying it is downloading but it does not complete and errors out.The operation was not completed before the...
  9. Please help, so much things are messed up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please help, so much things are messed up: Ok so I’ve had this problem for a long time and I’m finally done with putting up with it, I need to fix it, please if you have a solution say it! Here is my problems: 1. Cannot open Microsoft Store and any Microsoft store apps 2. Cannot open Settings and no type of...
  10. Update messed several things up on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Update messed several things up on my laptop.: Updated to latest version of Win 10, and it messed several things up. First is this.: [img] Everything is named oddly. Second is how do change the border width of the windows with regedit. And the same for the old network and volume controls. 97649

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender messed up my video