Windows 10: Windows Defender missing "Device Security" tab

Discus and support Windows Defender missing "Device Security" tab in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am trying to disable core isolation to run an emulator, but I cannot access the "Device Security" tab to do so in Windows Defender. I am using a 1st... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichaelMarnell, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Windows Defender missing "Device Security" tab

I am trying to disable core isolation to run an emulator, but I cannot access the "Device Security" tab to do so in Windows Defender. I am using a 1st generation Surface Laptop. Below is a screenshot of my Windows Defender.

Windows Defender missing "Device Security" tab [​IMG]

:)

MichaelMarnell, Jun 15, 2019

2. Windows 10 Windows Defender versus Microsoft Security Essentials

Hi Bryan,

Microsoft Security Essentials was upgraded to Windows defender and it was a default security software from Windows 8. You cannot have both as they are one.

Since you get this annoying popup at the startup i suggest you to disable any Microsoft Security Essentials entries in Startup tab.

• Open the Task manager. by pressing Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • click on Startup tab
    • Right click on Microsoft Security Essentials entry and click on Disable.

Restart the computer and check if that helps.

Waseemulla S, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Kim Tiw Win User
    windows defender detected error0X8050800c

Hello,

This error indicates that there might be a problem with your security product. We suggest that you follow these steps to update the definitions on your Windows Defender:

• Update the definitions. Either click the Update definitions button on the Update tab in Windows Defender, or download the latest definitions from the Microsoft
      Malware Protection Center
    • Run a full scan.
    • Restart the device and try again.

If you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to reply on this post.

Kim Tiw, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Windows Defender missing "Device Security" tab

Security Tab missing

Hi Raffi,

The issue that you’ve encountered when trying to access the files from your external storage on your Windows 10 computer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we’d like to know the following information:

• Were there any changes that happened prior to the issue?
    • Which version of Windows are you using?
    • Have you installed the latest update on your PC?

Note: You may check the version of Windows that you are using by clicking
    Start, type Winver and press Enter. Additionally, to check for the latest update, go to
    Windows Update by clicking Start > Settings > Update & security and click
    Check for updates. It will scan and install all the latest updates available for your device.

On the other hand, we suggest that you run the System File Checker (SFC) tool
    to scan and correct if there’s a possible integrity violation on the system. To do this, you may follow the steps provided on this
    link.
    Once you’re on the page, you may expand and proceed with the steps from the
    Windows 10, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
    option under the Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)
    section, and then complete the process. After completing the given steps, you may check if you’re able to use your device properly.

We’re looking forward to your response.

Joseph Ban, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender missing "Device Security" tab

1. Windows Defender missing "Device Security" tab - Similar Threads - Defender missing Device

2. Security Tab is missing in some files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Tab is missing in some files.: For certain files the security tab is missing in properties WIndows 10. The problem is only on some files and other are fine. I have tried to adjust the policy definitions - didnt workTried to update the regisrty in powershell admin - didnt workThe problems comes up when I...
  3. My Updates and Security is Missing Tabs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Updates and Security is Missing Tabs: I was looking to update my device to Windows 11 when I realized that there were missing tabs in the update and security section.I looked through another thread where someone had a similar issue but none of the solutions worked....
  4. My Updates and Security is Missing Tabs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Updates and Security is Missing Tabs: I was looking to update my device to Windows 11 when I realized that there were missing tabs in the update and security section.I looked through another thread where someone had a similar issue but none of the solutions worked....
  5. Missing Tabs and Options Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Missing Tabs and Options Windows Security: Any one pls help also this is greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-tabs-and-options-windows-security/88713677-2202-46ee-bbd7-9ce10f29cc68
  6. Missing Tabs and Options Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Tabs and Options Windows Security: Any one pls help also this is greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-tabs-and-options-windows-security/88713677-2202-46ee-bbd7-9ce10f29cc68
  7. Missing Tabs and Options Windows Security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Sharing, Customize and Security tabs are missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing, Customize and Security tabs are missing: Sharing, Customize and Security tabs are missing from the folder properties view, I tried to set Remove Security tab to disabled and many other things, ---------------------------- a suggested policies fix:grpedit.msc - Remove Security tab -> Disabled.a suggested registery...
  9. Folder security tab missing on window 10

Folder security tab missing on window 10: My system:D folder is not accessible for me due to I don't have permission. But the security tab is missing. I did add a Nosecurity key with value 0 in registry editor in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer. But nothing...
  10. Security Tab Missing on Folders

Security Tab Missing on Folders: Good day, I was installing a game and need to patch it so that it would work on windows 10 but a patch won't be applied unless I access the security tab to change the permission to full control. What to do ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where did the tab to windows defender go?

2. device security doesnt show up in windows defender

3. missing core isolation from device security

4. cannot find the windows defender tab,
  5. windows defender tool tab missing,
  6. windows defender security center windows 10 device security is missing