Windows 10: Windows Defender Missing Scan Button

Discus and support Windows Defender Missing Scan Button in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Suddenly when I open Windows Security, I no longer have the buttons to scan for viruses. Even though I have McAfee, I always could scan with Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MatthewDonlon, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Windows Defender Missing Scan Button

Suddenly when I open Windows Security, I no longer have the buttons to scan for viruses.

Even though I have McAfee, I always could scan with Windows Defender-- it just didn't do real-time scan.

Now I can't even scan.

If anybody is experiencing this, please let me know.

Thank you

:)

MatthewDonlon, Aug 18, 2019

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 18, 2019
  3. JoeJY Win User
    Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

I have Defender Windows 10. I tried using custom scan to select and scan external drives. The screen listing the drives comes up, but the "OK" button remains grayed out so unable to scan any of the drives listed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JoeJY, Aug 18, 2019
  4. JoeJY Win User

Windows Defender Missing Scan Button

Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

I tried the custom scan in Defender Windows 10. It brings up the list of drives but the "OK" button remains grayed out when I select any drive in the list, so still unable to scan external drives... Any suggestion would be appreciated.

JoeJY, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Missing Scan Button

1. Windows Defender Missing Scan Button - Similar Threads - Defender Missing Scan

2. defender scan option missing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    defender scan option missing in windows 11: How to get back the scan options in windows 11. Been to community all that is there is a lot of people with their own solutions which none work. Need a solution from microsft and the steps to take to fix this problem....
  3. defender scan option missing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    defender scan option missing in windows 11: How to get back the scan options in windows 11. Been to community all that is there is a lot of people with their own solutions which none work. Need a solution from microsft and the steps to take to fix this problem....
  4. Windows Defender Offline Scan Missing Definitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Offline Scan Missing Definitions: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro build 19405When I run a Windows Defender Offline Scan, msssWrapper always shows a warning message saying definitions are missing. How I Got Here: I was initially concerned because 1 my computer is slower than it ought to be, 2 there were two programs...
  5. Windows Defender Offline Scan Missing Definitions

Windows Defender Offline Scan Missing Definitions: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro build 19405When I run a Windows Defender Offline Scan, msssWrapper always shows a warning message saying definitions are missing. How I Got Here: I was initially concerned because 1 my computer is slower than it ought to be, 2 there were two programs...
  6. Windows Defender Offline Scan Missing Definitions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. app buttons missing in windows 11 - epson scan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    app buttons missing in windows 11 - epson scan: recently upgrade to Win 11 and it generally seems ok.1 issue though is that the action buttons on epson scan no longer show preview, scan etc if you click on the area they should be they still work and then appear- which is great if you know where all the buttons are!it...
  8. app buttons missing in windows 11 - epson scan

app buttons missing in windows 11 - epson scan: recently upgrade to Win 11 and it generally seems ok.1 issue though is that the action buttons on epson scan no longer show preview, scan etc if you click on the area they should be they still work and then appear- which is great if you know where all the buttons are!it...
  9. Missing definitions in Defender Offline scan

Missing definitions in Defender Offline scan: Hi !Although no threats were found, The log of Defender Offline scan indicates the following missing definitions :WARNING 2021/06/06 08:52:55:641 TID:1596 PID:1564 Missing definitions file in 'C:\mpam-fex64.exe' WARNING 2021/06/06 08:52:55:641 TID:1596 PID:1564 Missing...
  10. After a Defender Scan, Windows are Missing Text

After a Defender Scan, Windows are Missing Text: After I have run a full Defender scan most often but not always, windows are missing text. A reboot resolves the problem. This is Windows 10 Professional 64-bit 20H2. This is clearly a BUG in WIndows that needs correction....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my windows defender quick scan button missing

2. cannot find scan button in windows defender

3. windows defender is not showing the scan button

4. cant find scan on windows defender defender and advanced security