Windows 10: Windows Defender Modules Installer

Discus and support Windows Defender Modules Installer in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Since installing 1809, I haven't seen "Windows Modules Installer" create a daily Restore point. 1803 created a "Windows Modules Installer" on a daily... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Stitch194, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Stitch194 Win User

Windows Defender Modules Installer

Since installing 1809, I haven't seen "Windows Modules Installer" create a daily Restore point. 1803 created a "Windows Modules Installer" on a daily basis for the past 3 months. Has anyone else noticed the welcomed absence of the daily restore point.

:)

Stitch194, Oct 4, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 4, 2018
  3. KCR
    KCR Win User
    Windows Modules Installer listed in System Restore points

It seems, you can disable it in CCleaner, also. . . worked for me, anaway. ✔

Windows Defender Modules Installer [​IMG]

4. Arul_D Win User

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Modules Installer - Similar Threads - Defender Modules Installer

2. Windows Modules Installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Modules Installer: When I access control panel/security and maintenance/reliability history, there is an entry under Windows Modules Installer Worker.Problem event: Windows servicing failure.Bucket ID: Invalid request. Call site: All information here is in Chinese.Was this a scam attempt?...
  3. Windows Modules Installer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Modules Installer: When I access control panel/security and maintenance/reliability history, there is an entry under Windows Modules Installer Worker.Problem event: Windows servicing failure.Bucket ID: Invalid request. Call site: All information here is in Chinese.Was this a scam attempt?...
  4. Windows Modules Installer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Module Installer

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows Module Installer: Here's an easy question to answer. Please advise as how to stop Windows Module Installer from continually creating Restore Points. Thanks. 162503
  6. Windows Module Installer

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Module Installer: Here's an easy question to answer. Please advise as how to stop Windows Module Installer from continually creating Restore Points. Thanks. 162503
  7. Windows Modules Installer Worker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Modules Installer Worker: Windows 10 running very slow . Windows Modules Installer Worker is using a lot of resource. Can I change its settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-modules-installer-worker/727d4264-9406-476c-8461-1bc5f17b46f2
  8. windows modules installer

in Windows 10 Support
    windows modules installer: Hi, I have a lot of restore points piling up in my list of restore points with the title "windows modules installer." Almost one every day. I cant find anything matching in event viewer or task manager. Anyone know what this is and how to get rid of it? Appreciate your help....
  9. Windows Defender "Windows Module Installer Worker"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender "Windows Module Installer Worker": Hi, I'm trying to use Windows Defender as my defense solution because I'd like to use the Controlled Folders feature, but am having a few problems. System is on 1709 x64 16299.431. No other antivirus, firewall or anything of note running. First, the most annoying one:...
  10. Windows Modules Installer Worker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Modules Installer Worker: I just noticed for the first time that my Windows 10 Task Manager is showing significant (~25-30%) CPU usage for the Windows Modules Installer Worker. The latest update I did was some Windows Defender updates this morning. I am running 14393.321. I did some research and...