Windows 10: Windows Defender MpOav.dll is infected

Discus and support Windows Defender MpOav.dll is infected in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, my Windows Defender's MpOav.dll file is infected by the Floxif virus. How can I make it cleaned?VirusTotalPath to MpOav.dll... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Trung Kien Tran, May 23, 2022.

1. Windows Defender MpOav.dll is infected

Hello, my Windows Defender's MpOav.dll file is infected by the Floxif virus. How can I make it cleaned?VirusTotalPath to MpOav.dll file:C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.2203.5-0\X86\MpOav.dll

:)

Trung Kien Tran, May 23, 2022
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, May 23, 2022
  3. DLL Missing

The problem is, that the required DLL is not actually even listed there.
    There are just dozens of download adware links from the top to the bottom.

TairikuOkami, May 23, 2022
  4. Windows Defender MpOav.dll is infected

Error: missing msvcp110.dll and msvcr110.dll with message: not designed to run on Windows or are corrupted on Windows 10 while playing Smite game

Hi Estelito,

Thank you for responding.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Unregister and re-register the msvcp110.dll and then check if you come across the issue.

Step 1: Steps to un-register
    msvcp110.dll

• Press Windows + R from the keyboard to open
      Run
      command.
    • Type regsvr32 /u msvcp110.dll
    • Click on OK.
    • Close the Run command window

Step 2:
    Steps to re-register msvcp110.dll

• Press Windows + R from the keyboard to open
      Run
      command.
    • Type regsvr32 /i msvcp110.dll
    • Click on OK.
    • Close the Run command window and check if the issue persists.

Method 2: Check if you have not deleted the msvcp110.dll file by mistake on your device.

Check for the file in Recycle bin. If found restore back.

Method 3: I suggest you to run the Microsoft Safety Scanner
    and check.

Microsoft Safety Scanner

Also, when you perform Microsoft Safety Scanner from the link provided, data or files which are infected by malware might be beyond cleaning and have to be deleted entirely to maintain the integrity of your system, which means there might be a potential
    for data loss.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 23, 2022
Thema:

Windows Defender MpOav.dll is infected

1. Windows Defender MpOav.dll is infected - Similar Threads - Defender MpOav dll

2. Windows Defender daily Occamy.C dll warnings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender daily Occamy.C dll warnings: [ATTACH] Every day Windows Defender finds a new Occamy.C trojan in my E drive. I manually went through the drive and there is nothing suspicious (hidden files are set to visible), I did a full PC scan and E drive only scan with both Defender and Malwarebytes, including an...
  3. How Secure Windows Defender at Hard Disk Infected with Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How Secure Windows Defender at Hard Disk Infected with Virus: Hello Team, Greetings for the day. Have a question on Windows Defender, Is that works well at Data stored in our Hard Disk which contains Virus.? * Moved from Education...
  4. (SOLVED) Virus infected MS Defender

(SOLVED) Virus infected MS Defender: I am on windows 10, a program asked me to disable defender to continue the install, I stupidly did, now a virus slowing my laptop and controlling my browsers default search engines, etc.. ,also it adds exclusions automatically to defender to specific things like (Windows...
  5. Virus infected MS Defender

Virus infected MS Defender: I am on windows 10, a program asked me to disable defender to continue the install, I stupidly did, now a virus slowing my laptop and controlling my browsers default search engines, etc.. ,also it adds exclusions automatically to defender to specific things like (Windows...
  6. Windows Defender Error loading type library/DLL

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender Error loading type library/DLL: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows Security allows you to manage quarantined items and exclusions. When doing so if you receive an error saying Windows Defender Antivirus Error loading type library/DLL, Click help for more information about this problem, Error code 0x80029c4a, then...
  7. Windows Defender DLL issue

Windows Defender DLL issue: [ATTACH] Everytime I start Defender it wont update or even start. [ATTACH][ATTACH] The error code refers me to a DLL file. I've flashed my registry back to a older registry files from 2018, I save then clean my registry once a month using CCleaner. I have not installed new...
  8. Windows Defender not detecting infected zip files.

Windows Defender not detecting infected zip files.: I am able to open and run infected zip files without any warning by Windows Defender on Windows 10,while Kaspersky was alerted to that very same infected zip file as an alert showed up on screen and blocked any chance of opening it, and placed that infected file in...
  9. PC infected? Windows Defender Shows Threats Found

PC infected? Windows Defender Shows Threats Found: Hi All Windows Defender Shows Threats Found -7438 after a full scan, not sure if false positive or not, i have check with Malicious Software Removal tool--Nothing, ADW Cleaner (again nothing), Malwarebytes Full scan nothing. 121152
  10. Microsoft updates Windows Defender to remove Superfish infection

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft updates Windows Defender to remove Superfish infection: The Microsoft Security Response Team can move very quickly. The tech world exploded Thursday with the revelation that Lenovo had preinstalled an adware program called Superfish Visual Discovery on an unknown number of its consumer PCs, with the extra bonus of a local root...