Windows 10: Windows Defender / msmpeng a bugger darn it!!! The only choice I could see below was TOOLS?

Discus and support Windows Defender / msmpeng a bugger darn it!!! The only choice I could see below was TOOLS? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Windows 10. PC related issue. I have a paid service for real time protection. I have tried every way I can find on the web to stop this Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jackdashack, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Windows Defender / msmpeng a bugger darn it!!! The only choice I could see below was TOOLS?

I have Windows 10. PC related issue.

I have a paid service for real time protection. I have tried every way I can find on the web to stop this Windows Defender. You know it takes so much CPU. It seems after I have disabled some services of WD according to Task Manager it's using more memory???!?!?!? I understand it's built into Win 10 but there must be someway to STOP it, DISABLE it or blow it to pieces! Windows Defender  / msmpeng a bugger darn it!!! The only choice I could see below was TOOLS? :)

Does anyone have the definitive way to stop this process or whatever. It's hogging memory that's wasted!

PLEASE and thank you! (as mom always taught) in advance. Jack ":-\\

:)

jackdashack, Jul 23, 2019
  2. ARC1020 Win User

Programs Slow To Open Due To Windows Defender (MsMpEng)

This is something that I've noticed since Windows 8, but Windows Defender make some programs so slow to open. It's pretty noticeable on the programs that it does it on as it takes approx. 20-30 seconds to open them, even from an SSD, and if you look at Resource Monitor listed by CPU usage, you can see it's due to MsMpEng.exe running a scan before the program will open.

It would be understandable if it was doing it the first time the program had ever ran, or if the program wasn't signed, but that's not always the case. Canon DPP for example isn't signed, so presumably that's why Defender keeps scanning that, however here's an example of another program (SyncBackFree) that is signed, but yet Windows Defender still wants to keep scanning it on a daily basis despite nothing changing since previous scans.

Windows Defender  / msmpeng a bugger darn it!!! The only choice I could see below was TOOLS? [​IMG]

Obviously I can add individual programs to the Windows Defender Exclusion list and exclude them from real-time protection, but what it is that Defender doesn't like with certain programs that is feels the need to keep scanning them daily? Is this a Microsoft problem, or is it down to the software not adhering to some sort of best practice policies Microsoft have laid out? There must me something that makes Defender treat it as potentially signed malware?

ARC1020, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Windows Defender Not On

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run virus scan to make sure the computer is free from virus.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove virus, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Method 2:

Turn the Defender on. Follow the below steps:

• In search, type Defender.
    • Now make the option ON by moving the slider accordingly.

Method 3: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Yo_Wattup Win User

Windows Defender / msmpeng a bugger darn it!!! The only choice I could see below was TOOLS?

Awesome Llano Overclocking Tool

Try OCing your ram. *Smile Windows Defender  / msmpeng a bugger darn it!!! The only choice I could see below was TOOLS? :)

Yo_Wattup, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender / msmpeng a bugger darn it!!! The only choice I could see below was TOOLS?

1. Windows Defender / msmpeng a bugger darn it!!! The only choice I could see below was TOOLS? - Similar Threads - Defender msmpeng bugger

2. See below

in Windows 10 Gaming
    See below: I understand the need to put a high security fence around my computer, but there should be a few alternate ways to important details. My computer was a gift from my brother and my nephew, in August of 2021. It was set up on August 8, 2021. I think it was on that precise day...
  3. See below

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    See below: I understand the need to put a high security fence around my computer, but there should be a few alternate ways to important details. My computer was a gift from my brother and my nephew, in August of 2021. It was set up on August 8, 2021. I think it was on that precise day...
  4. See below

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. See below.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    See below.: The app images on the Start menu I added stopped showing up on my new Dell desktop; text is okay. The pre-loaded apps continue to show images and text. Can this be fixed?Thank You...
  6. See below.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    See below.: The app images on the Start menu I added stopped showing up on my new Dell desktop; text is okay. The pre-loaded apps continue to show images and text. Can this be fixed?Thank You...
  7. MsMpEng Process

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MsMpEng Process: Hi, I have a question: What happen if I terminate Antimalware Service Executable? BSOD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msmpeng-process/5d69e0f0-8b45-4516-b545-8b72562d03ad
  8. see question below

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    see question below: I am trying to burn a CD and keep getting this statement: "Windows Media Player cannot find the file. The link from the item in the library to its associated digital media file might be broken. To fix the problem, try repairing the link or removing the item from the...
  9. Windows Defender Security Center with Advanced Security: What is this? (see below)

Windows Defender Security Center with Advanced Security: What is this? (see below): Today I am cleaning up the Inbound Rules for Windows Firewall. At the top section of those Rules, I found quite a few items similar to these: Name Group Profile Enabled Action Override Program Local Address Remote Address Protocol Local Port Remote Port Authorized Users...
  10. Programs Slow To Open Due To Windows Defender (MsMpEng)

Programs Slow To Open Due To Windows Defender (MsMpEng): This is something that I've noticed since Windows 8, but Windows Defender make some programs so slow to open. It's pretty noticeable on the programs that it does it on as it takes approx. 20-30 seconds to open them, even from an SSD, and if you look at Resource Monitor listed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windowsdefender\msmpen manual or auto