Windows 10: Windows Defender MsMpEng.exe started to crash on my Windows 10

Discus and support Windows Defender MsMpEng.exe started to crash on my Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, On my Windows 10 machine Defender suddenly started to randomly crash, resulting in no antivirus protection. Each time this happens, I have to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Algismo, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Algismo Win User

Windows Defender MsMpEng.exe started to crash on my Windows 10

Hi,

On my Windows 10 machine Defender suddenly started to randomly crash, resulting in no antivirus protection. Each time this happens, I have to restart the service manually. This happens ~2 ~6 times a day at random intervals.

I did nothing special with my PC when this started to happen ... regular home office days no Windows upgrade or patching. Windows and defender were working completely fine before this.

Does anybody has any good tips how to diagnose this further?

That is how it looks like:

Windows Defender  MsMpEng.exe started to crash on my Windows 10 79ada0ef-e350-459e-8c87-f08c7309c9ff?upload=true.png

Windows Events say:

Windows Defender  MsMpEng.exe started to crash on my Windows 10 77069611-c866-4929-90f2-d922ea4c335d?upload=true.png

I have crash dumps if anybody can read them.

My Windows info:

Windows Defender  MsMpEng.exe started to crash on my Windows 10 7478b9a9-dea1-48bd-aa79-dd410422f819?upload=true.png

:)

Algismo, Apr 22, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 22, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Apr 22, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Defender MsMpEng.exe started to crash on my Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Defender MsMpEng exe

2. windows defender exe missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender exe missing: hello everybody,my problem is i don't find windows security or defender app in my pc.pc os information:Edition Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Version 22H2 Installed on ‎1/‎2/‎2020please help me....
  3. windows defender exe missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender exe missing: hello everybody,my problem is i don't find windows security or defender app in my pc.pc os information:Edition Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Version 22H2 Installed on ‎1/‎2/‎2020please help me....
  4. windows defender exe missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MsMpEng Process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MsMpEng Process: Hi, I have a question: What happen if I terminate Antimalware Service Executable? BSOD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msmpeng-process/5d69e0f0-8b45-4516-b545-8b72562d03ad
  6. MsMpEng Process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MsMpEng Process: Hi, I have a question: What happen if I terminate Antimalware Service Executable? BSOD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msmpeng-process/5d69e0f0-8b45-4516-b545-8b72562d03ad
  7. MsMpEng Process

8. Windows Defender Thinks My Exe File Is a Virus.

Windows Defender Thinks My Exe File Is a Virus.: Hello, i made an Program and i Made a Setup For It Using The Inno Setup. After Compiling It, It Gets Flagged As a Virus. I Dont want this to happen....
  9. msmpeng windows 10

msmpeng windows 10: Hola, necesito reinstalar este servicio ya que lo desinstale con "IObit Unlocker". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/msmpeng-windows-10/214d52a5-1b5f-4bf9-99af-e2eafd35659a
  10. Programs Slow To Open Due To Windows Defender (MsMpEng)

Programs Slow To Open Due To Windows Defender (MsMpEng): This is something that I've noticed since Windows 8, but Windows Defender make some programs so slow to open. It's pretty noticeable on the programs that it does it on as it takes approx. 20-30 seconds to open them, even from an SSD, and if you look at Resource Monitor listed...