Windows 10: Windows Defender: None of the scan options work

Discus and support Windows Defender: None of the scan options work in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Win 10 Pro 2004. Windows Defender and MalwareBytes Premium are "always on". I ran a MB scan just now - nothing found. If I click Scan Now in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by OldGrantonian, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Windows Defender: None of the scan options work

I have Win 10 Pro 2004.

Windows Defender and MalwareBytes Premium are "always on". I ran a MB scan just now - nothing found.

If I click Scan Now in the Win Defender dialog, nothing happens. None of the options work. The dialog simply remains open - as if the button was never pressed. I noticed this when I tried to scan a file by using the right-click context menu. The option is no longer available.

I used one of the Brink's tutorials to install:

Add_Scan_with_Microsoft_Defender_context_menu.reg

The patch was successful.

Please advise.

Thanks.

:)

OldGrantonian, Dec 9, 2020
  2. Brian Cab Win User

Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

Hi Joe,

to scan external drives using Windows Defender, follow the steps provided below.

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to Settings tab.
    • Select the Advanced option.
    • tick the checkbox for Scan removable drives.

Regards.

Brian Cab, Dec 9, 2020
  3. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Windows Defender: None of the scan options work

Remove Scan with Windows Defender

I've updated step 3 in OPTION ONE below. It should work for you now. Windows Defender: None of the scan options work :)

Add or Remove Scan with Windows Defender Context Menu in Windows 10

Brink, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender: None of the scan options work

1. Windows Defender: None of the scan options work - Similar Threads - Defender None scan

2. defender scan option missing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    defender scan option missing in windows 11: How to get back the scan options in windows 11. Been to community all that is there is a lot of people with their own solutions which none work. Need a solution from microsft and the steps to take to fix this problem....
  3. defender scan option missing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    defender scan option missing in windows 11: How to get back the scan options in windows 11. Been to community all that is there is a lot of people with their own solutions which none work. Need a solution from microsft and the steps to take to fix this problem....
  4. No periodic scan option windows 11 defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No periodic scan option windows 11 defender: My computer came with Mcafee installed, I uninstalled it and chose to use defender for now. But there is no option on my computer for periodic scans. I’ve even tried scheduling scans, but that only worked a few times. I’ve tried resetting and repairing, but I can’t get the...
  5. windows stuck on recovery and none of the options work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows stuck on recovery and none of the options work: title says it all, I'm on a rog asus gaming laptop from like 2015 I think. and I've tried yo reinstall windows but the "upgrade option" doesn't work, so I did advance and installed on primary, May try to open repair options from there. please help!...
  6. windows stuck on recovery and none of the options work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows stuck on recovery and none of the options work: title says it all, I'm on a rog asus gaming laptop from like 2015 I think. and I've tried yo reinstall windows but the "upgrade option" doesn't work, so I did advance and installed on primary, May try to open repair options from there. please help!...
  7. windows stuck on recovery and none of the options work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows defender scans are not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender scans are not working: i have installed windows 10 home but my windows defender is not working properly it is always showing me this '!' exclamation mark on the windows defender icon and it says actions recommended but when i do the scans it does nothing its just like going on and on for hours and...
  9. Scan option not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scan option not working: I have a Epson XP 440 Pinter after the last update the scan doesn't work, at least I can't get to, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scan-option-not-working/018beabf-1efb-4a93-b295-220ae20a0b69
  10. None of Windows 10 recovery options working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    None of Windows 10 recovery options working: I can’t log in to Windows 10 as the password field is not appearing on the lock screen. All the solutions for this I’ve found online need you to get past the lock screen, and I can’t - no matter how many times I shut down or restart, the password field never appears. I’ve...