Windows 10: windows defender not allowing to exclude anything

Discus and support windows defender not allowing to exclude anything in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The windows defender does not add or show the list of exclusions, I have tried many times, but it did not work even after disabling real time... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NILESHDURGE, Nov 13, 2020.

1. windows defender not allowing to exclude anything

The windows defender does not add or show the list of exclusions, I have tried many times, but it did not work even after disabling real time protection.

windows defender not allowing to exclude anything 5185f994-8b16-4438-af57-c4510b972f5b?upload=true.png

:)

NILESHDURGE, Nov 13, 2020

2. Windows Defender - Exclude network folder "file: \\;LanmanRedirector\"

I have a network folder \\NAS\NAS Storage\... which is also mapped to the drive letter Z.

My current Windows Defender exclusions

By typing in Windows Security in the start menu it brings me here.

I have excluded both of those locations shown in step 4 below. Here I chose folder after pressing the + button at step 4.

windows defender not allowing to exclude anything jXWWY.png

Windows Defender protection history screenshot

In Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Protection history

Here shows my list of the previously quarantined items. The image below shows the problem where Windows Defender now scans this new location. file: \\;LanmanRedirector\;Z...

windows defender not allowing to exclude anything px8b4.png

Question

After excluding both the Network Location and the mapped drive, I thought that that would exclude that whole thing but now I'm getting this location \\;LanmanRedirector\;Z... showing up. Is it possible to exclude this as it won't allow this path in the exclusion section?

This is the error message

windows defender not allowing to exclude anything wrVue.png

Stephen Sherry, Nov 13, 2020
  3. Windows defender does not allow for me to unquarantine items

Hi Michael,

The Real-time protection feature of Windows
    Defender stops malware from running on your device. It's possible that this feature is preventing the system from restoring/allowing the affected program. If you're sure that the affected program is virus free, we suggest that you disable the
    feature temporarily and try to restore the program. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Type Windows Defender settings in the search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Under Windows Defender, disable
      Real-time protection by clicking the toggle button.
    • Once you're done, restore the affected file/program and check if the issue persists.

Also, you can allow a quarantined file/program from the Windows
    Defender desktop app. If you have the app installed on your device, you can follow these steps:

• Type Windows Defender in the search box, and then select the Desktop app.
    • Under the History tab, click on the check box for the affected file/program.
    • Select Allow item.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Nov 13, 2020
  4. kokakola Win User

windows defender not allowing to exclude anything

Windows Defender won't list Excluded files, File Locations, etc..etc

Hi all,

I have selected certain file types / folders and locations in Windows Defender on Windows 10 that were added to the exclusions lists...

Previously I could go to Windows Defender and see what files, folders or extensions I had excluded but now they have disappeared....

All I see is the add buttons which work as intended when I want to add a folder etc etc....
    But then they are not listed anywhere so that I can remember what I have excluded or not....

Can some one please help me so that they are visible again, is there a setting in the registry that needs to be fixed?

This is what I should see where, below the red arrows I should see the excluded files/folders including their path etc etc [see image below]

windows defender not allowing to exclude anything [​IMG]

but I see nothing..

Yet if i go to the registry as indicated below...

File and file location exclusions are stored in the registry key below.

*Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Exclusions\Paths

File type exclusions are stored in the registry key below.

*Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Exclusions\Extensions

Processes exclusions are stored in the registry key below.

*Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Exclusions\Processes

they are all listed there....?

I have to say that windows defender is excluding folders/files and etc etc, that I have selected during its scans, but I cant see the excluded items in the Windows Defender as per image of my Exclusions section below...

windows defender not allowing to exclude anything [​IMG]

Thanking you in advance for your support and assistance on this issue....

Cheers

kokakola, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

windows defender not allowing to exclude anything

1. windows defender not allowing to exclude anything - Similar Threads - defender allowing exclude

2. How to remove random files excluded in Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove random files excluded in Windows Defender?: Remove button is greyed out and already checked Registry Editor and it's empty. I cannot upload screenshot as well on this forum, I don't know why... : Thank you!...
  3. How to remove random files excluded in Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove random files excluded in Windows Defender?: Remove button is greyed out and already checked Registry Editor and it's empty. I cannot upload screenshot as well on this forum, I don't know why... : Thank you!...
  4. Exclude Windows Defender from Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Exclude Windows Defender from Antivirus: Hello,Could someone kindly explain how to exclude Windows Defender from being scanned from a 3rd party Antivirus. I will need the folder paths for the processes to prevent the defender processes from being scanned.Thanks...
  5. Windows Defender scanning an excluded file

Windows Defender scanning an excluded file: Hi Having Windows Defender running on a server 2016.Excluded a folder: s:\database\application\dataVerified in the logfile C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Supportthe exclusion:2021-07-22T00:22:08.983Z [Exclusion] s:\database\application\data ->...
  6. Is there a way to disable notifications of excluded items in Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable notifications of excluded items in Windows Defender?: ^ I added something in excluded items list and I'm afraid my client would remove it when he performs a scan. I tried turning off all the notification button in the Windows Security settings but it still shows the notification that it has skipped something because of an...
  7. Windows defender keeps scanning excluded folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows defender keeps scanning excluded folder: Hello, these two images show setup of windows defender and hdd usage by antivirus. I excluded folder from VMUbuntu and vmem file from defender and then I see it scanning exactly the same folder and file. This permanently blocks my computer and I have to shut it down...
  8. Can't exclude file from windows defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't exclude file from windows defender: There is literally no option to exclude a folder. My pc is not activated btw. submitted by /u/Thicccccboio [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f8hbrm/cant_exclude_file_from_windows_defender/
  9. Windows Defender not adding excluded files and folders.

Windows Defender not adding excluded files and folders.: Hi, Today I tried to exclude files and folders in Windows Defender. Although I managed to select a file nothing was shown in the exclude window. I tried different files and folders on other drives but nothing was actually selected by Defender. Is this a bug? OS:...
  10. Can’t Defender Defender not allowed

Can’t Defender Defender not allowed: Fed up with Windows Security getting slated by people whose sole aim is to promote third party. Speak up and what happens you get deleted . Democracy is not allowed on this forum God Bless America and the UK Go on delete me you can never delete the truth and God Bless...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keep scanning nas windows defender already excluded