Windows 10: Windows defender not asking for permission

Discus and support Windows defender not asking for permission in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Trying to update games on Origin and i am getting an error that says "Oops… Windows blocked our attempt to download game content. If you'd like to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DaggerForHire, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Windows defender not asking for permission

Trying to update games on Origin and i am getting an error that says "Oops… Windows blocked our attempt to download game content. If you'd like to allow Origin to download content to your computer, select "Retry" below. When prompted, grant permission within the User Account Control pop-up." The problem is that i'm not getting the User Account control pop-up and it just keeps erroring out. Does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

DaggerForHire, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Rhina Vib Win User

windows defender problem

Hi,

When you are trying to update Windows Defender in Windows 10 and you are getting an error message asking you to check for new definitions, it is possible that there are permission issues or corrupted system files.

For us to better assist you with this concern, we need to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes or updates made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

For information and steps to help resolve this error, you can refer to the article on this

link

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Jan 9, 2020
  3. windows defender

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The information provided by you is not enough for us to provide you troubleshooting step. So, I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to narrow down the issue.

• What issue you are facing with Windows Defender?
    • Are you willing to update Windows Defender?

I would suggest you to refer the article mentioned below to ask question on the forum. After referring to the article do get back to us with more information related to your issue and we will be happy to assist you.

Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Windows defender not asking for permission

Ask for Permission - Google Chrome

Hi Julian,

The issue regarding the permission when you're trying to use the different browser is because of the settings on
    Family and Safety. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is already removed to the
    Family list. To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows defender not asking for permission

1. Windows defender not asking for permission - Similar Threads - defender asking permission

2. Ask For Permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ask For Permissions: So Um These Few Days Im Getting theseEven tho im not in a family It shows for most of the Build in apps Such as Snip and sketch Camera Photos etc...Pls Help anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ask-for-permissions/b693d7f5-e919-479a-a836-aee5096285dd
  3. Ask for permission not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Ask for permission not working: I recently bought something, but before I bought it, it said ask for permission, so I clicked it, but my parents never got a notification or email requesting permission. Pls help!!...
  4. powershell asking for permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    powershell asking for permission: open a game, then powershell asking for permission, is my laptop hacked or what? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-asking-for-permission/1aab0e22-4c46-4657-b77b-c8b601f6b0c8
  5. Asking permission

Asking permission: Every time i try go into certain websites it tells me i need permission to get into them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asking-permission/497b942a-eb28-4de9-95b5-e56262ff630e
  6. Asking permission

Asking permission: I just logged on to my new computer with my Microsoft account which is an adult account btw and it keeps making me ask for permission and when I click ask for permission it says that something went wrong and it's trying it'sits trying fix it...
  7. Asking for parental permission...?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Asking for parental permission...?: I tried to open Firefox this morning, and was greeted with a tab telling me to ask for permission from an adult in my family. Not only am I 18 and NOT in a Microsoft family, this wasn’t happening even yesterday. I have no idea how to fix this, and any help online I’ve has not...
  8. Defender on Windows 10 deleting and blocking, instead it should ask for the permission.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender on Windows 10 deleting and blocking, instead it should ask for the permission.: I have upgraded to Windows 10 and Microsoft Defender is started deleting and blocking the files. I had some study materials and Vmware machine it deleted .vmx file. blocked hdd and memory. It is already gone, I need to built the machine back. but I can't add file in...
  9. Asking for an adults permission

Asking for an adults permission: I am the adult in my Family Account why is it asking me to get permission for anything on my laptop? If this keeps up I will never use this again. It has happened a few times and it is for a stupid app. The sticky Notes App. This needs to get handled across the board. I am...
  10. "Ask for Permission" Error

"Ask for Permission" Error: I just recently got a gaming laptop for Christmas, a Dell G3 15 3590 to be specific. It runs a 64bit Windows 10 Home OS. I'm part of a Microsoft family and marked as "Child". Anyways, I have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, so I checked the Xbox Beta app to see the games I could...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make windows defender ask permission