Windows 10: WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT BEING UPDATED

Discus and support WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT BEING UPDATED in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; MY WINDOWS DEFENDER WHEN I AM TRYING TO UPDATE IS STRUCK AND IS NOT GETTING UPDATED.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WINDOWS8.1USER_387, May 8, 2019.

1. WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT BEING UPDATED

MY WINDOWS DEFENDER WHEN I AM TRYING TO UPDATE IS STRUCK AND IS NOT GETTING UPDATED.

:)

WINDOWS8.1USER_387, May 8, 2019

2. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, May 8, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, May 8, 2019
  4. WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT BEING UPDATED

Defender updates no longer shown

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Type defender in the search box.
    • Click on update.
    • Check for the date on which defender is being updated.
    • If the recent date is mentioned then it will not show in the Automatic Updates.
    • Also click on update definition and check if any update is pending.
    Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 8, 2019
Thema:

WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT BEING UPDATED

1. WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT BEING UPDATED - Similar Threads - DEFENDER BEING UPDATED

2. “IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe” keeps being blocked by Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    “IAStorDataMgrSvc.exe” keeps being blocked by Windows Defender: See details in attachment... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/iastordatamgrsvcexe-keeps-being-blocked-by-windows/84ae3f80-e8ed-4300-b441-877e768fb0d4
  3. Windows Defender is not being Displayed Correctly

Windows Defender is not being Displayed Correctly: hi guys, i got a virus that deleted my windows defender [Original Title: Windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-is-not-being-displayed-correctly/c06f1e3b-81d0-492d-a5cb-c9c24aff8994
  4. Defender Updating Despite Windows Updates Being On Pause

Defender Updating Despite Windows Updates Being On Pause: So if I have Windows Update paused and Defender is part of Windows why is Defender updating IF updates are paused?Pretty damn angry on this one. My monitor was switched off powered on and I came home to a dead monitor.No power. Cannot turn on. Dead like disco.I am now...
  5. Windows Defender is being Managed by Administrator

Windows Defender is being Managed by Administrator: hi my name is Santosh Paudel. I am currently using the windows 10 home version. recently I am unable to see the virus and threat protection option on windows security plus when I try to scan hard disk using defender. a box pops up which reads " Your IT administrator has...
  6. Windows Defender not working nor being active and Windows update not working

Windows Defender not working nor being active and Windows update not working: Hi, I've noticed that Win.Defender is not set as default antivirus pic.1-2I was checking the forums and found some articles but none of them helped.. So I was digging in services and didn't even found windows defender in there, I found only security centrum but I was unable...
  7. Not being able to turn on Windows Defender SmartScreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not being able to turn on Windows Defender SmartScreen: [ATTACH] I am not able to turn on this setting even though I am the administrator. Please tell me a way to fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-being-able-to-turn-on-windows-defender/5008c89d-8f63-4d6c-935d-b7e919825d87
  8. Windows Defender Group Policies Not Being Honored

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Group Policies Not Being Honored: Hello, I have several group policies regarding Windows Defender Updates being set up on my system. I have updates scheduled to run on Sundays at 7am through group policy. This morning, Wednesday, I noticed that Defender had updated at 9am. Clearly Defender is not honoring...
  9. Windows Defender is not being Displayed

Windows Defender is not being Displayed: Hello, my windows defender seems not to be working again. The last time this happened, there was some malware on my computer as it constantly said the battery needed to be replaced despite the computer being new. To fix this, I reinstalled windows and defender seemed to be...
  10. Windows Defender says unprotected despite being enabled and updated

Windows Defender says unprotected despite being enabled and updated: Windows Defender says potentially unprotected despite being enabled and up to date and I ran a scan. It just recently had one of the common errors where it failed to update. 71218

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender not being updated