Windows 10: Windows defender not functioning as required

Discus and support Windows defender not functioning as required in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can anybody tell me why my windows defender screen pops up and disappear everytime I click on it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mebanNongbri, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Windows defender not functioning as required

Can anybody tell me why my windows defender screen pops up and disappear everytime I click on it

:)

mebanNongbri, Apr 19, 2020

2. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Apr 19, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 19, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows defender not functioning as required

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows defender not functioning as required :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows defender not functioning as required

1. Windows defender not functioning as required - Similar Threads - defender functioning required

2. Touchpad requires an extra finger to function?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad requires an extra finger to function?: So for some reason after my cat tried walking across my laptop a few times I noticed all of a sudden my touchpad was working differently.I tried to move the mouse with one finger and it stayed where it was, then went back to reset the mouse settings only to find that now I...
  3. Touchpad requires an extra finger to function?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad requires an extra finger to function?: So for some reason after my cat tried walking across my laptop a few times I noticed all of a sudden my touchpad was working differently.I tried to move the mouse with one finger and it stayed where it was, then went back to reset the mouse settings only to find that now I...
  4. Basic Defender function

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Basic Defender function: I use Windows Defender as my virus and malware scanner and remover. Every now and I then I see a red shield with a white x over one corner of the larger Defender shield obviously indocating a threat has been detected. When I left-click on the Defender icon, it opens the...
  5. Minimum programs required for Windows 10 OS to function

Minimum programs required for Windows 10 OS to function: I'm trying to configure a Software Restriction Policy in a user's GPO to "lock-down" a Windows 10 machine. The device will only run the programs essential to running the OS. I will then only allow the programs the end user needs to perform their tasks. So far I have...
  6. Windows Defender is not functioning

Windows Defender is not functioning: Hello! I think my windows defender is not working, it is enabled but the real time protection tab cant be on, I haven't installed any 3rd party anti virus software cause I've been using Windows Defender since. any help? Thanks! [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. windows defender is not functioning

windows defender is not functioning: [ATTACH] my windows defender is not working. how can I fix this? this is only I can see in the windows defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-is-not-functioning/a55d2ab6-94ea-476f-a6ca-1292c07dc8f9
  8. WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT FUNCTIONING

WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT FUNCTIONING: I think I was attacked by some malware and my defender became inactive and I tried to get the malware out but the defender still not opening even though I have put off the malwarebyte software that I used earlier to solve the problem. please help me. [ATTACH]...
  9. Windows 10 Defender not functioning?

Windows 10 Defender not functioning?: Hey my old antivirus expired and now i just want to use defender but it doesnt seem to be an option to turn it on. I uninstalled every other antivirus software completely and ran all sorts of checks for corrupted files and anything else that would cause defender to not work....
  10. Windows Defender Security - Requires a PIN?

Windows Defender Security - Requires a PIN?: Windows Defender Security Recently, I reinstalled Windows 10 and did not install a PIN when asked. When finished, I got a Windows Defender Security hidden icon saying to install a PIN. I did not choose to do it. How do I delete that icon notice and still be sure...