Windows 10: Windows Defender Not Launching - Infinite Flashing Loading Loop

Discus and support Windows Defender Not Launching - Infinite Flashing Loading Loop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Basically, whenever I try to launch windows defender, no matter if I scan a file with it or try to "Open Windows Defender Security Center" or any other... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LSNceid, May 31, 2019.

1. LSNceid Win User

Windows Defender Not Launching - Infinite Flashing Loading Loop

Basically, whenever I try to launch windows defender, no matter if I scan a file with it or try to "Open Windows Defender Security Center" or any other option under the windows security tab, all I get is a flashing blue loading loop next to my cursor until I restart my computer. Nothing launches at all. How do I fix this?

PS: I don't have any third party anti-viruses at all.

:)

LSNceid, May 31, 2019
  2. yahYT Win User

windows defender button: infinite cursor loop

so everytime i try to open "Virus & threat Protection" my cursor gets this infinite "blue circle" loop and the window for windows defender doesn't pop up.

i haven't downloaded the culmative update, so should i update that or is there a fix for this?

yahYT, May 31, 2019
  3. NUV
    Nuv Win User
    ati2dvag infinite loop error

I have

Processor:
    • AMD Athlon 64X2 4400+ (Brisbane)
    • Core Volt:1.336 V
    MotherBoard:
    • Model- RS690-SB600
    • Chipset Ati
    Bios:
    • Pheonix Technologied Ltd.
    • Version 6.00PG
    Graphics card:TechPowerUp

I am getting a blue screen saying (as far as i can remember)

Code: The Problem seems to be caused by the following file: ati2dvag The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop[/quote] Any solution to this problem ?

4. Windows Defender Not Launching - Infinite Flashing Loading Loop

Windows 10 Defender Offline stuck in infinite restart loop

Update as of 3/22/2017

Yesterday I received a telephone call from the level III in India the they were in a meeting and wanted to delay again. They had indicated that they did not yet have the windows 10 version 1607 with windows defender. The first time, two to three weeks
    ago, they indicated that they only had windows 10 version 1511 on their domain. A week or more later they were able to get a computer with windows 10 version 1607 but this build did not have windows defender. They have not yet attempted to reproduce the
    blue screen boot loop. They were not familiar with windows driver verifier. I guided them though the steps I had followed from the wiki article and forwarded to them link.

Next call is scheduled Thursday.

These are the steps that I had made to reproduce the blue screen boot loop:

On a second computer I reproduced the windows 10 professional blue screen boot loop by:

1) used windows driver verifier to produce a blue screen with stop code windows driver verifier detected violation.

2) returned to desk top using the advanced troubleshooting menu start up options choice 6 safe mode with command prompt followed by verifier /reset.

3) used windows defender offline and rebooted

4) This next step has reproduced the blue screen boot loop and is the rerun of windows driver verifier.

5) The advanced troubleshooting menu on the computer was no longer available. Every blue screen was followed by power off and power on moved to another run of windows defender load then windows defender offline quick scan.

6) To break the blue screen boot loop attempts were made using a bootable flash drive with windows 10 iso. The bootable windows 10 iso was made from a download at the Microsoft web site. The windows 10 advanced troubleshooting steps on the bootable windows
    10 iso were different than what was available on the computer. The bootable windows 10 iso on the flash drive did not have startup options. So safe mode with advanced troubleshooting was missing on the bootable flash drive.

7) when reset was chosen there were two options:

7a) keep my files

7b) remove everything

After selecting keep my files it displayed:

The drive where windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again.

returning to advanced troubleshooting and choosing remove everything it displayed:

Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing.

It appears to me that the windows defender offline used in sequence with windows driver verifier results in a windows defender offline blue screen boot loop due to its damage of the windows 10 partition.

A search for locked drive produced this youtube video where they used diskpart to fix the locked drive and return to the desktop:

computers with bios in UEFI:

computers with bios in Legacy:

If you reproduce the windows defender offline bootloop please submit a reply.

If you attempt to fix the boot loop using diskpart please submit a reply.

questions_, May 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Not Launching - Infinite Flashing Loading Loop

1. Windows Defender Not Launching - Infinite Flashing Loading Loop - Similar Threads - Defender Launching Infinite

2. Stuck on infinite loop of loading to blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on infinite loop of loading to blue screen: I’m stuck in an infinite cycle of my pc showing the windows logo and loading dots leading into a blue screen with no fix. Please don’t tell me to launch into safe mode because I have tried clicking every f key and it didn’t open automatic repair and I Have also turned my pc...
  3. Stuck on infinite loop of loading to blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on infinite loop of loading to blue screen: I’m stuck in an infinite cycle of my pc showing the windows logo and loading dots leading into a blue screen with no fix. Please don’t tell me to launch into safe mode because I have tried clicking every f key and it didn’t open automatic repair and I Have also turned my pc...
  4. Stuck on infinite loop of loading to blue screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows infinite loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows infinite loop: I’ve been dealing with these problem for a while now i had to download windows 10 because I click something wrong while resetting it and when I finished downloading it on another laptop i booted up my pc and download windows 10 but when it’s restarting it keeps showing the...
  6. Windows infinite loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows infinite loop: I’ve been dealing with these problem for a while now i had to download windows 10 because I click something wrong while resetting it and when I finished downloading it on another laptop i booted up my pc and download windows 10 but when it’s restarting it keeps showing the...
  7. Windows defender infinite deleting loop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender infinite deleting loop: How do you get out of this? I clicked it to remove threats, and now it's stuck on this for days...I'm using something that is titled 'Windows Security'...
  8. Issue when launching applications - infinite loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue when launching applications - infinite loop: Hi, I have an Acer gaming laptop (Win 10) that has some issues when I start Word and Epic Games Launcher : -Office Word : It does not start at all OR It let me choose if I want to launch it in safe mode and then nothing happens OR it start without any issueI tried some...
  9. Infinite Loop Loading Loop screen - Windows 10 startup issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Infinite Loop Loading Loop screen - Windows 10 startup issue: Hello there Microsoft, So earlier this evening my day was as usual, when all of the sudden my computer froze. My mouse was working fine, and I even tried to CTRL+ALT+DEL but that did not do anything. Then I went for a very dumb approach; I held the power button for 5...
  10. windows defender button: infinite cursor loop

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows defender button: infinite cursor loop: so everytime i try to open "Virus & threat Protection" my cursor gets this infinite "blue circle" loop and the window for windows defender doesn't pop up. i haven't downloaded the culmative update, so should i update that or is there a fix for this?...