Windows 10: Windows Defender Not My Anti-Virus Program

Discus and support Windows Defender Not My Anti-Virus Program in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows 10 Ver. 20H2 For a long time I have believed I was using Windows Defender as my anti-virus program. However, since I also run Malwarebytes... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HDL, Jan 22, 2021.

1. HDL
    HDL Win User

Windows Defender Not My Anti-Virus Program

Windows 10 Ver. 20H2

For a long time I have believed I was using Windows Defender as my anti-virus program. However, since I also run Malwarebytes with real time protection enabled apparently it is my anti-virus protection program. I have learned since I am using that Malwarebytes I can enable an option in Windows Defender, Periodic Scanning. I have done that but each time Windows 10 restarts that option is once again disabled. Should it remain enabled and if so how I do I assure that happens?

:)

2. Smeed Win User

Are Bit defender FREE anti-virus and Windows Defender compatible?

Please do understand that Windows Defender on Windows 7 is NOT an Anti-Virus program.

Windows Defender on Windows 7 provides spyware protection only.

That means that you do have to install an Anti-Virus program.

It's up to you which one you want to install. Bitdefender Antivirus Free is not a bad choice IMO.

Most Anti-Virus programs automatically disable Windows Defender. If not, it's best that you disable Windows Defender yourself.

The only thing which you have to keep in mind is not to install/run more than 1 Anti-Virus program at the same time.

In case your computer came with a pre-installed Anti-Virus program and/or if you have another Anti-Virus program installed right now: Make sure to uninstall it (use also its specific appropriate uninstall tool from this

List of anti-malware product removal tools
    ) before installing Bitdefender Antivirus Free.

In addition I suggest that you click on your blue profile name (LLLKKK) which brings you to your profile page.

There you will find all the threads with similar topics which you've asked before.

I suggest to read through them again because they contain further good information and many helpful links.

I hope this helps to clarify things for you.

Smeed, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Is Windows Defender the only anti virus program I need?

Clarification, please.

Note that this is a Win10-specific thread.

Are you suggesting that Defender in Win10 (and Win8) does not include an anti-virus component or are you suggesting that Defender in Win10 (and Win8) does not provide sufficient (adequate; comprehensive) protection?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Windows Defender Not My Anti-Virus Program

Can't activate Windows Defender. Message that there is an anti-virus program installed.

I've tried to activate Windows Defender real-time protection but I get a message that I already have an anti-virus program installed. I've gone to the Apps and Features option to verify that I have an anti-virus program installed and can't find an program
    in the list. I did have Norton Anti-virus installed on this machine before I upgraded to Windows 10. Is it possible the program uninstall was incomplete and let some remnant that the system is seeing and thinks it is still installed?

Moved from Windows 10

Original title: Window 10 and Anti-virus

Once A Kahok, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender Not My Anti-Virus Program

1. Windows Defender Not My Anti-Virus Program - Similar Threads - Defender Anti Virus

2. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender Anti Virus: I use windows defender/Anti Virus. It keeps telling me I have the same problems. HackTool:Win32/Wpakill.F. Which I have dealt with many times. I have Python, Git Hub, Git Bash and Visual studion code. I keep thinking that it is finding these. Am I right or wrong? Its constant...
  3. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender Anti Virus: I use windows defender/Anti Virus. It keeps telling me I have the same problems. HackTool:Win32/Wpakill.F. Which I have dealt with many times. I have Python, Git Hub, Git Bash and Visual studion code. I keep thinking that it is finding these. Am I right or wrong? Its constant...
  4. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Defender Anti-Virus problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Anti-Virus problem: Defender had a message in notifications about a problem. When I clicked onto I get Defender opening and the following message.PAGE NOT AVAILABLE.Your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available.Contact the...
  6. Anti virus programs

Anti virus programs: I am running windows 10 home and Comcast is my internet provider. I also have Malwarebytes premium. Comcast does not offer a free Norton subscription after 12/31/2020. Do I still need another Anti Virus program?...
  7. Microsofts Defender Anti-Virus

Microsofts Defender Anti-Virus: I have been using Malwarebytes for years. It seems like there is a conflict with it. It turned off my Windows Defender anti-virus. Malwarebytes is not an Anti-Virus Program...What Went Wrong?...
  8. windows defender anti virus program

windows defender anti virus program: options are all greyed out, real time protection cannot be turned on how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-anti-virus-program/13538fbe-cb7e-4b24-9ce8-37f3e4a6eeac
  9. Turning on Defender anti-virus programs.

Turning on Defender anti-virus programs.: Yesterday I turned on my Laptop and noticed an issue with my Windows Anti-Virus. Defender was not on to protect me from a virus or other threats. In YELLOW type, under Virus & threat protection: it states your Virus & threat protection is managed by my organization. Where is...
  10. Anti virus Program

Anti virus Program: Will this program work when there is no more updates for windows 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/anti-virus-program/90127b5b-54ec-4e25-bfd9-c67d285defda