Windows 10: Windows Defender not on system vanished

Discus and support Windows Defender not on system vanished in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My antivirusMcAfee as well as Windows Defender suddenly vanished from my system. I reinstalled the antivirus but its not working properly. I don't know... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Esan Mouli Ghosh, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Windows Defender not on system vanished

My antivirusMcAfee as well as Windows Defender suddenly vanished from my system. I reinstalled the antivirus but its not working properly. I don't know how to download Windows Defender back, and I am afraid that this is the work of some virus. It seems to have affected only the antivirus softwares. How do I fix this?

:)

Esan Mouli Ghosh, Sep 1, 2020

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Sep 1, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Windows Defender not on system vanished

window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender not on system vanished

1. Windows Defender not on system vanished - Similar Threads - Defender system vanished

2. All of The System app icons have vanished.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of The System app icons have vanished.: I ended up getting a blue screen, that I could not get out of so the only thing left to do was reset my pc. after the reset I all system app icons had the same icon. Any help would be great. Thank you. :...
  3. All of The System app icons have vanished.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All of The System app icons have vanished.: I ended up getting a blue screen, that I could not get out of so the only thing left to do was reset my pc. after the reset I all system app icons had the same icon. Any help would be great. Thank you. :...
  4. All of The System app icons have vanished.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Window Defender Security System

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window Defender Security System: I’m having problems with the ‘Virus & threat protection’ it doesn’t show up, everytime I click it it just says Page Not Available, I tried doing that thing on Computer Configuration but the problem is Window Defender Security Center is also not found there since I’m not using...
  6. Windows 10 vanished

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 vanished: Hi after many updates recently my windows 10 has vanished I have tried to reinstall it but windows 7 seems to have taken over I have also lost my apps and shortcuts I cannot restore anything or window 10 please help! SAD...
  7. vanishing curser!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    vanishing curser!: My curser keeps vanishing. It never comes back, i am forced to restart my laptop each time i need it again. It is getting to be a real pain in the #*@. It usually happens when i am not using the touchpad a lot, or when i take a break and walk away for 5 min or so. I am...
  8. Vanished

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Vanished: 'This Computer' has suddenly vanished from Windows 10 screen. How to restore it? Running System Restore has not done it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vanished/58e369e4-3547-45f2-bad1-9d0a22654caa
  9. Windows Defender in System Tray

Windows Defender in System Tray: After the update on 9/30, I noticed that the Windows Defender icon now appears in the system tray. [img] Has this happened to everyone? What's the point of it? 24713
  10. Window Defender in System Tray

Window Defender in System Tray: I have recently switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Under 7, Security Essentials appears in the System Tray but not under Windows 10. Is this the way it is supposed to be?. I have put it in the Taskbar but miss it in the System Tray. Thank you. 16778