Windows 10: Windows Defender not online and Windows Update Not Working

Discus and support Windows Defender not online and Windows Update Not Working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello all So I have seen people talk about this but there has been no resolution by the looks of it. Primarily I realized that my Windows Defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HealPleaseHeal1, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Windows Defender not online and Windows Update Not Working

Hello all

So I have seen people talk about this but there has been no resolution by the looks of it.

Primarily I realized that my Windows Defender is not on. When I go to my security tab I literally have nothing listed there and Windows Defender is no where to be seen. If I somehow manage to get to the scan page, it will never scan.

Secondly my Windows update keep bringing back an error code of 0x80080005. Now I've tried many steps to correct or work around this. From the CMD commands to run and start certain tasks to trying to manually install an update that came after and still this same error. I honestly am just confused at this point. The system seems to be working well with no disturbances however I would like to remain updated and keep my PC up, especially with my Windows Defender not working.

My windows version is 2004, OS Hardware #10.0.19041.1. I know there is an updated version, but again I cannot update it as I get that same error even when running the .msu file.

In addition my wuauserv service is not working properly. When on my services tab, It shows that it's on Automatic, however there is no description for it, and it's off. When I try to start it, I reiceve a message of "windows could not start wuauserv service on local computer. Error 2; the system cannot find the file specified."

So this is why I'm a bit confused. Any help with this is welcoming. As stated I've been through the forums and saw someone having a similar issue, and I followed the responses from there. But no results.

Let me know, and thank you for your time.

:)

HealPleaseHeal1, Aug 24, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Aug 24, 2020
  3. What the hell, windows defender?

Installing major updates like the April update will reset pretty much all Windows features including Windows Defender.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 24, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Windows Defender not online and Windows Update Not Working

Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender not online and Windows Update Not Working

1. Windows Defender not online and Windows Update Not Working - Similar Threads - Defender online Update

2. Windows Defender & Windows Update Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender & Windows Update Not Working: Questions can't be assigned 2 sub-topics from different main topics, so I had 2 post the same thing in 2 different...
  3. Windows Defender & Windows Update Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender & Windows Update Not Working: Questions can't be assigned 2 sub-topics from different main topics, so I had 2 post the same thing in 2 different...
  4. Windows Defender & Windows Update Not Working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender & Windows Update Not Working: My Windows Defender & Windows Update is producing errors & are not workingI am 95% sure Windows Update is broken as a result of Windows Defender being initially broken upon install, I think I broke defender more: listed belowBroken Howso:Windows Defender:When I open...
  5. Windows update and defender aren't working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update and defender aren't working.: Hi everyone this is my first time posting here. I randomly checked my windows defender one day and found it to be shut down and not running. When I click the protection history on the Windows security app it just crashes at the same time the security app is just blank....
  6. Windows defender not working after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender not working after update: My computer pulled in updates a few days ago, and now windows defender isn't working. It says that the threat service has stopped. Restart it now. I clicked the button, and waited. it then threw an error. I ran a scan with another program, and came up clean. How can i fix...
  7. Windows Defender and Update not working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender and Update not working.: Hey there, my windows defender stopped operating normally and became like this I tried finding a solution online, most people said try to to run windows update but ran into another error 0x80070424 I tried troubleshooting as well but it keeps on doing the same thing Your...
  8. Windows Update + Defender Not Working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update + Defender Not Working?: I'm not sure if this is because of a recent update but suddenly Windows Update and Defender no longer seem to be working? I only noticed this because the Defender icon on the bottom right wasn't showing up anymore. Error code 0x80070424 randomly appeared on the Update screen...
  9. Windows Defender not working after update

Windows Defender not working after update: After I recently updated windows, I had a few problems like -a black screen after sign-in -80-100% cpu usage on idle -Windows Defender crashing when I open it -No sound from the speakers So i reset my PC keeping my personal files, which did absolutely nothing. I fixed...
  10. Windows Defender not working or updating

Windows Defender not working or updating: I am using Windows 10 Home Single Language version 1903. Windows Defender Current Definitions Version: 1.263.71.0 (I guess, check the image) Windows Defender Latest Definitions Version: 1.295.49.0 I had some antivirus softwares installed and removed over time, but now I...