Windows 10: windows defender not removing threat

Discus and support windows defender not removing threat in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; today windows defender has found a threat with high severity, i clicked on the remove option and clicked "start action", nothing happened; i also tried... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lightZQ, May 6, 2022.

1. lightZQ Win User

windows defender not removing threat

today windows defender has found a threat with high severity, i clicked on the remove option and clicked "start action", nothing happened; i also tried running some quick scans and a full scan, still nothing. Also tried restarting my laptop but the threat is still there.Nothing bad seems to be happening, everything is normal, but i want to remove it anyways. Any help will be greatly appreciated

:)

lightZQ, May 6, 2022

2. WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT REMOVING THREATS

I'm having a problem with Windows Defender the threats found after I ran a full scan that last maybe around 10 hours cannot be removed by windows defender. I selected the remove option and it shows processing but after a while
    the threats are still listed and active. I already ran a offline scan and a quick scan but neither fix the problem.

I already ran a secure boot and see if third-party apps are causing the problem but nothing works the threats are still listed and active. I checked the location of the file and manually deleted it even on my recycle bin but
    the threats are still there and labeled as active. This very annoying. I think this is an error in the windows defender part because I installed Malwarebytes and ran a full scan which took a couple of hours and found nothing because like I've said I have deleted
    the file location where the threats are.

lelouch.lamperouge, May 6, 2022
  3. Threats detected by Windows Defender

If you really want to be sure if those threats are removed completely then I would suggest to clean install Windows. That’s the only way to know for sure.

And always disconnect from the internet next time you encounter malware. That’s the first step to take, especially if you have more than one computer sharing the same network.

win10freak, May 6, 2022
  4. windows defender not removing threat

Windows Defender isn't removing some of the threats

Defender notified me about 2 PUA's and I took the suggested action of removing them, but after I click on remove, it doesn't go. It shows that the threats are active. I uninstalled and removed the folder and the files/software which were affected but the
    threats are still there. The threats which I am getting are PUA:Win32/Presenoker and App:Cheat_Engine_BundleInstaller. I need some suggestions on how can I remove those completely.

AshishChavan_15, May 6, 2022
Thema:

windows defender not removing threat

1. windows defender not removing threat - Similar Threads - defender removing threat

2. Windows Defender failing to remove threats.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender failing to remove threats.: Hi! Recently an old computer of mine had its data transferred from its disk to this computer. What happens is that the old computer seems to have had some kind of riskware, malware installed or "potentially unwanted apps" as windows defender calls them. Windows Defender is...
  3. Unable to remove threats on windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove threats on windows defender: Hi,Please find below the images, windows defender is unable to remove these threats. I have clicking on start actions or under actions Quarantine but to no avail.Kindly advise - I am running windows 10...
  4. Can remove a threat by windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can remove a threat by windows defender: Hello,I received the following warning after I plugged in my USB Flashdrive, I click on remove the threat but it doesn't go away. Please note that I've checked my USB flash drive using an anti-virus software but it was found to be clean, also note that my flash drive doesn't...
  5. Can remove a threat by windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can remove a threat by windows defender: Hello,I received the following warning after I plugged in my USB Flashdrive, I click on remove the threat but it doesn't go away. Please note that I've checked my USB flash drive using an anti-virus software but it was found to be clean, also note that my flash drive doesn't...
  6. Windows Defender: Threat Removed or Restored

Windows Defender: Threat Removed or Restored: About a week or two ago, Windows Defender detected a virus called "Trojan:Win32/Woreflint.A!cl" Details: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker. The virus I'm pretty sure was quarantined but I got a notification of some sort of Windows Defender...
  7. Windows defender threat restored or removed

Windows defender threat restored or removed: so i accidentaly restored and now im worried will the file infect my pc please respond https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-threat-restored-or-removed/a7a6918a-ff73-4426-babe-a02f3a0af00b
  8. Threats identified by Windows Defender not removed

Threats identified by Windows Defender not removed: Hi, my OS is Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 Build 19041.450. After performing a full scan of my SSD, Windows Defender identified a number of threats such as APP:CDisplayEx_BundleInstaller, PUA:Win32/Vtools, PUA:Win32/InstallCore, PUA:Win32/SystemChecker,...
  9. WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT REMOVING THREATS

WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT REMOVING THREATS: I'm having a problem with Windows Defender the threats found after I ran a full scan that last maybe around 10 hours cannot be removed by windows defender. I selected the remove option and it shows processing but after a while the threats are still listed and active. I...
  10. removing threats with windows defender

removing threats with windows defender: So iv chosen what actions to perform which are to remove and made no action on the threats blocked as i dont want them to be allowed to stay. So how do i tell windows to caring out these actions? Im currently looking under Protection history...