Windows 10: WIndows Defender not showing Protection History

Discus and support WIndows Defender not showing Protection History in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello,I recently re-installed windows on my pc, but I chose to keep all my files and apps. All the apps' data were alright, but windows defender's... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by S.M.Rana Nawal, May 12, 2021.

1. WIndows Defender not showing Protection History

Hello,I recently re-installed windows on my pc, but I chose to keep all my files and apps. All the apps' data were alright, but windows defender's protection history was gone! I don't have a problem with that. But then no matter how many times my pc is scanned and actions are taken against threats, the protection history remains empty. When windows defender detects a threat, I receive a notification. But when I click on it or manually go to the protection history, it shows "No recent actions". So, I can not review the threats or take any manual action. Here's an image:How can I solve

:)

S.M.Rana Nawal, May 12, 2021
  2. vicf1 Win User

Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Did not work for me. After going through all steps I still have protection history full

vicf1, May 12, 2021
  3. Zehlewi Win User
    Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, May 12, 2021
  4. Time Lady Win User

WIndows Defender not showing Protection History

Windows defender protection history is missing

Hi, have you had any other help yet?

I have another suggestion, check under filter to see what’s set, if there’s a show all then select that.

See if anything is listed under here:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service

Defender will automatically remove entries after 30 days anyway so unless you’re checking regularly there may be 0 entries shown due to this.

Time Lady, May 12, 2021
Thema:

WIndows Defender not showing Protection History

1. WIndows Defender not showing Protection History - Similar Threads - Defender showing Protection

2. Windows Defender not showing Protection History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender not showing Protection History: I get notifications of controlled folder access but when I click it my windows defender's protection history is always empty. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-not-showing-protection-history/f0082567-a29c-451c-9a8f-33ddebb68464
  3. Windows Defender not showing Protection History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender not showing Protection History: hello friends, something very annoying has been happening to me for a few weeks, at first I did not give it importance but now it is unbearable and annoying and the truth is I do not know what caused it, it may have been a windows update or The fact that I moved my programs...
  4. Windows Defender not showing Protection History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender not showing Protection History: hello friends, something very annoying has been happening to me for a few weeks, at first I did not give it importance but now it is unbearable and annoying and the truth is I do not know what caused it, it may have been a windows update or The fact that I moved my programs...
  5. Windows Defender not showing Protection History

6. Protection History not showing

Protection History not showing: Hiya, i am pretty new to PC and i do not know a lot about them. About a month ago, I lost the ability to see my protection history. I know that there should be stuff there and I have something that can deliberately trip it to see if it works or not and it is not showing...
  7. Defender Protection history

Defender Protection history: Hello!I deleted my protection history.I know this may sound stupidBut will defender still detect threats?I deleted the contents of service file and not the service file itselfI don't know much about tech.Thank you:...
  8. Windows Defender protection history

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender protection history: I want to know something about Windows Defender protection history. I looked up how long it would stay and the result was that the default is 30 days. I'm talking about when you go to Settings > Virus and Threat Protection > Protection History. It has been 30 days since the...
  9. Windows Defender Protection History

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Protection History: Recently, Defender notified me my computer had the Trojan virus. I went to Defender to do a scan and to get rid of that. After that, I did a full scan. Now, when I go to Protection History, it keeps crashing. I don't know whats happening. Someone help....
  10. Windows defender showing remediation incomplete in protection history

Windows defender showing remediation incomplete in protection history: What can be done in case if windows defender shows remediation incomplete? Status is failed. alert level- severe threat detected : Worm:Win32/Babonock.A category worm How to delete or remove this threat ? as only action available is "allow" at bottom ran an entire...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender cannot see history