Windows 10: Windows Defender not showing threats

Discus and support Windows Defender not showing threats in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows keeps telling me I have threats, so when I go the the Windows Security section of the Settings app, it says "Threats found. Start the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WorkingCupid549, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Windows Defender not showing threats

Windows keeps telling me I have threats, so when I go the the Windows Security section of the Settings app, it says "Threats found. Start the recommended actions." When I click the button "Start actions", the little circle spins and then nothing happens. If I click the button "See threat details", it takes me to a page that says "No recent actions". Somehow earlier today I was able to get it to show the viruses, and it said there were 273 of them. But now if I go back to the "See threat details", nothing shows up. I'm worried that the viruses are blocking Windows Defender, how do I dig myself out of this hole?

:)

WorkingCupid549, Sep 11, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

3. WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT REMOVING THREATS

I'm having a problem with Windows Defender the threats found after I ran a full scan that last maybe around 10 hours cannot be removed by windows defender. I selected the remove option and it shows processing but after a while
    the threats are still listed and active. I already ran a offline scan and a quick scan but neither fix the problem.

I already ran a secure boot and see if third-party apps are causing the problem but nothing works the threats are still listed and active. I checked the location of the file and manually deleted it even on my recycle bin but
    the threats are still there and labeled as active. This very annoying. I think this is an error in the windows defender part because I installed Malwarebytes and ran a full scan which took a couple of hours and found nothing because like I've said I have deleted
    the file location where the threats are.

lelouch.lamperouge, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Windows Defender not showing threats

windows defender showing always threats found

windows defender showing always threats found

saikrishnaaruva, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender not showing threats

1. Windows Defender not showing threats - Similar Threads - Defender showing threats

2. Windows Defender shows deleted Threat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender shows deleted Threat: Windows Defender keeps Showing an Threat that is Deleted already.How Can i Handle this?.regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-shows-deleted-threat/c7bb0f46-9b19-4be4-b79b-af80d0a732f5
  3. Windows Defender shows deleted Threat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender shows deleted Threat: Windows Defender keeps Showing an Threat that is Deleted already.How Can i Handle this?.regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-shows-deleted-threat/c7bb0f46-9b19-4be4-b79b-af80d0a732f5
  4. Microsoft Security/Defender shows a deleted threat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Security/Defender shows a deleted threat: I have downloaded an infected file and as soon as Microsoft Security identified it as a threat, I immediately deleted it. This was a mistake, I guess, because now I have a bug that Security finds this threat even though it is now deleted. I should've deleted it through...
  5. Virus & Threat Protection not showing on Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus & Threat Protection not showing on Defender: Hey can someone help me about this problem? My Virus & Threat protection won's appear on the menu. It says that the admin has limited access.I've tried to do some instruction from this forum before and it still didn't work.The EnterpriseMGMT is clean: I've set the UI access...
  6. Virus & Threat Protection not showing on Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus & Threat Protection not showing on Defender: Hey can someone help me about this problem? My Virus & Threat protection won's appear on the menu. It says that the admin has limited access.I've tried to do some instruction from this forum before and it still didn't work.The EnterpriseMGMT is clean: I've set the UI access...
  7. Windows defender shows an deleted threat

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender shows an deleted threat: So i have dowloaded a file and scanned it with virustotal afterwards and deleted the file. However windows defender still thinks the file is there while its not. I have tried to go to protection history and remove it however it simply does nothing as i click it the process...
  8. Windows defender threat

Windows defender threat: This excludeproc.d appears all the time and keeps coming back. How do I remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-threat/dc5f1201-3b62-45bf-b581-7b994a0143a5
  9. the windows defender is showing a threat Win32/Vigua.A

in Windows 10 Customization
    the windows defender is showing a threat Win32/Vigua.A: the windows defender is showing a threat Win32/Vigua.A https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-defender-is-showing-a-threat/c27ae2cb-f58c-405c-b966-e27bc7dd536e
  10. PC infected? Windows Defender Shows Threats Found

PC infected? Windows Defender Shows Threats Found: Hi All Windows Defender Shows Threats Found -7438 after a full scan, not sure if false positive or not, i have check with Malicious Software Removal tool--Nothing, ADW Cleaner (again nothing), Malwarebytes Full scan nothing. 121152