Windows 10: windows defender not working after downloading a solid works file ( now unrecognised)

Discus and support windows defender not working after downloading a solid works file ( now unrecognised) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I do not have any other third party antivirus. But still when I open Windows defender security center settings, it texts like this: 'Your IT... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ahsan_723, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Ahsan_723 Win User

windows defender not working after downloading a solid works file ( now unrecognised)

I do not have any other third party antivirus. But still when I open Windows defender security center settings, it texts like this:

'Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app and the item you tried to access is not available. Please contact IT helpdesk for more information'. Also there is no green tick sign at the virus and threat detection icon though other icons have it. Also the real time protection is turned off which I cannot turn on despite the fact that I tried a lot. It happened after I attempted to download a solid works file from the Mediafire. Although I have deleted those file along with 3 other filelets , the situation didn't change. I have already performed offline scan before deleting those files. Can anyone help me with the issue?

:)

Ahsan_723, Apr 24, 2019

2. Windows Defender Not Working in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue.

We appreciate your patience on this issue. I would like to assist you further on this issue.

Error 577 Windows Defender error codes are caused in one way or another by misconfigured system files in your windows operating system, which may be caused by windows system files damage.

Please be informed that In order for Windows Defender to run, it will require that the
    Windows Defender Service remain "Started" (running) and set to "Automatic". Also, certain 3rd party antivirus programs are mainly responsible as it turns off the Windows Defender when they are installed.

Please follow the below methods.

Method 1

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Method 2

Please follow the below steps to set the right registry entry and check if it helps.

• Press Win key + R. This will open Run.
    • Type "regedit" and hit enter.
    • Navigate to these keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender
    • Change value of 'DisableAntiSpyware' and 'DisableAntiVirus' from '0' to '1'.
    • After changing the values go to 'C:\Program Files\Windows Defender' and open 'MSASCui.exe' file.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Windows Defender Not Working in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I suggest you to Set Windows Defender to Automatic - You can set the Windows Defender service to Automatic, Disabled or Manual. Setting it to automatic might solve the problem. Follow these
    steps:

• Click Start > type services in the Search box > click Services in the Programs list.
    • Search for Windows defender.
    • Double-click Windows Defender, and click Automatic in the start-up box > click OK.
    Also, follow the below mentioned steps and check:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

• Close the CMD window
    Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we’ll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Apr 24, 2019
  4. windows defender not working after downloading a solid works file ( now unrecognised)

how to fix solid works problem with KB3072630

Hi Wade,

Please provide the answers to the following for us to be able to learn more about the issue you're experiencing:

• What is the exact error message you're receiving?
    • Have you checked if Solid Works is compatible with the Windows 10 latest update?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Solid Works and still got the same result?
    • Has Solid Works worked before? If yes, what are the changes made or the things you've done before the issue start?

Regards.

Michelle Her, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

windows defender not working after downloading a solid works file ( now unrecognised)

1. windows defender not working after downloading a solid works file ( now unrecognised) - Similar Threads - defender working downloading

2. Windows defender not working after downloading malwarebytes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender not working after downloading malwarebytes: A couple months back I download malwarebytes, after the free trial ended I supposed I didn't need it anymore, so I deleted it completely, now windows defender wont turn back on. "the threat service has stopped, restart it now" I clicked that and it kept loading then came up...
  3. USB Unrecognised in Windows after un-zipping a file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Unrecognised in Windows after un-zipping a file.: As the title says, I unzipped a file and the USB is no longer recognised. For the full story: I unzipped the file and WinRar basically crashed, I tried to close it with Task Manager with no luck, I tried to sign out of the computer so it would close all apps and waited two...
  4. USB Unrecognised in Windows after un-zipping a file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Unrecognised in Windows after un-zipping a file.: As the title says, I unzipped a file and the USB is no longer recognised. For the full story: I unzipped the file and WinRar basically crashed, I tried to close it with Task Manager with no luck, I tried to sign out of the computer so it would close all apps and waited two...
  5. USB Unrecognised in Windows after un-zipping a file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows defender not working after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender not working after update: My computer pulled in updates a few days ago, and now windows defender isn't working. It says that the threat service has stopped. Restart it now. I clicked the button, and waited. it then threw an error. I ran a scan with another program, and came up clean. How can i fix...
  7. Installation file not working after download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation file not working after download: Hi, I recently purchased Doodly video making software from a Facebook advertisement by the company featuring a special discount. However, since download, the setup file is not working with 'run as administrator' option too and throwing the following error codes: Error...
  8. Windows Defender now longer working after installing newest update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender now longer working after installing newest update.: So I recently installed these updates. After installing them I noticed there was a red x over the windows security task bar icon.I clicked on it and this is what it shows for the windows defender menu. I try click restart now, but it loops forever. At one point my internet...
  9. Windows Defender not working after update

Windows Defender not working after update: After I recently updated windows, I had a few problems like -a black screen after sign-in -80-100% cpu usage on idle -Windows Defender crashing when I open it -No sound from the speakers So i reset my PC keeping my personal files, which did absolutely nothing. I fixed...
  10. Windows Defender not working after rollback

Windows Defender not working after rollback: As of this morning, Windows Defender is unable to function properly after rolling back from a Skip Ahead build. Here are some screens. Real time protection is off and greyed out. [ATTACH] This screen shows that the version information is all blank, which isn't supposed...