Windows 10: Windows Defender Not Working/Cannot Scan, "IT administrator has limited access to some...

Discus and support Windows Defender Not Working/Cannot Scan, "IT administrator has limited access to some... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently I've noticed that the scan feature has not worked on my PC. Whenever I try to scan something, I get a message that says "Your IT administrator... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dant S, May 11, 2020.

1. Dant S Win User

Windows Defender Not Working/Cannot Scan, "IT administrator has limited access to some...

Recently I've noticed that the scan feature has not worked on my PC. Whenever I try to scan something, I get a message that says "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact the IT helpdesk for more information." This is my personal computer so I don't have any sort of IT administrator running security so this is quite confusing to me. I also noticed that the entire "Virus and Threat Protection" section of windows defender has disappeared as well. I've seen some posts that say that this has to do with having a third party antivirus installed, I did have avast installed for a bit but I uninstalled it recently and the problem still persists. Are there any other solutions to the problem and what could have caused it in the first place?

:)

Dant S, May 11, 2020
  2. kommo008 Win User

Page not available IT Administrator limited access

I can't use any security function with window defender ( ex. scan folder with window defender, scan drive )

and now I want to use the function " controlled folder access " but show Page not available IT Administrator limited access same.

I use private network and my notebook. There is no admin at all. Why IT Administrator limited access me ?

And my window notification to encryption drive. Is this related?

kommo008, May 11, 2020
  3. Page not available IT Administrator limited access

Hello,

You need to set GPO settings to Not Configured, that could hide the sections of Windows Defender:

[How To] Hide Specific Pages In Windows Defender Security Center

Hope this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, May 11, 2020
  4. Windows Defender Not Working/Cannot Scan, "IT administrator has limited access to some...

defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender Not Working/Cannot Scan, "IT administrator has limited access to some...

1. Windows Defender Not Working/Cannot Scan, "IT administrator has limited access to some... - Similar Threads - Defender Working Cannot

2. Windows Defender "IT Administrator has limited access"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender "IT Administrator has limited access": My Windows Security has an issue "Page not found, Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information.this is not a work or school computer do I have a virus doing...
  3. Windows Defender "IT Administrator has limited access"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender "IT Administrator has limited access": My Windows Security has an issue "Page not found, Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information.this is not a work or school computer do I have a virus doing...
  4. it administrator has limited access to windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it administrator has limited access to windows defender: I have tried everything but i still cant access virus and threat protection it just doesnt wanna work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-administrator-has-limited-access-to-windows/85cc9805-4471-4662-80dc-40c1549fc2fc
  5. it administrator has limited access to windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    it administrator has limited access to windows defender: I have tried everything but i still cant access virus and threat protection it just doesnt wanna work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-administrator-has-limited-access-to-windows/85cc9805-4471-4662-80dc-40c1549fc2fc
  6. Your IT administrator has limited access Cannot open Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Your IT administrator has limited access Cannot open Windows Defender: I read this thread on this problem and tried everything. I don't have a third party anti virus, not using a school or work account. I tried this this article and no fix still. Any suggestions?defender.log: defender.log...
  7. windows defender full scan error! IT ADMINISTRATOR HAS LIMITED ACCESS

windows defender full scan error! IT ADMINISTRATOR HAS LIMITED ACCESS: when i am full scanning my laptop with wiundows defender, i got a notification before scan complete saying review files or send files to microsoft, when i clicked review files i got this! This is my Personal laptop & i dont understand this IT administrator [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows Defender Not Working/Cannot Scan, "IT administrator has limited access to some...

Windows Defender Not Working/Cannot Scan, "IT administrator has limited access to some...: Recently I've noticed that the scan feature has not worked on my PC. Whenever I try to scan something, I get a message that says "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact the IT helpdesk for...
  9. IT administrator has limited access to some areas of the app... Windows Defender

IT administrator has limited access to some areas of the app... Windows Defender: Hello, I get the following error when I try to access my Windows Defender: IT administrator has limited access to some areas of the app. I don't have any 3rd party virus detection tool, except for the Malwarebytes tool which does not cause conflicts with Windows Defender...
  10. Part of Windows Defender cannot be accessed: Your IT administrator has limited access to...

Part of Windows Defender cannot be accessed: Your IT administrator has limited access to...: I am not able to get to a part of Windows Defender. Here is the message I get: [ATTACH] How do I allow myself to get access to this. This is my own computer at home. That would make me the IT administrator. ***Original Title: I am not allowed access to a part of windows...