Windows 10: Windows defender not working/can't download from anything due to there being no protection

Discus and support Windows defender not working/can't download from anything due to there being no protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently, My windows defender, in the hidden icons menu on the taskbar, has been showing an x icon. Now, it's completely gone and the menu in windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Luke Villavicencio, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Windows defender not working/can't download from anything due to there being no protection

Recently, My windows defender, in the hidden icons menu on the taskbar, has been showing an x icon. Now, it's completely gone and the menu in windows security is blank other than "security at a glance".

Windows defender not working/can't download from anything due to there being no protection 16f61275-cb64-4d23-b135-8d1623e81c94?upload=true.jpg

Windows defender not working/can't download from anything due to there being no protection 0aa64e20-cf7c-46a4-8196-23988a7f04c3?upload=true.jpg

I've tried to troubleshoot by myself, by looking up the problem but all of the solutions seem more permanent than the problem is serious. One normal solution was to restart the security center in the services menu, but all of the choices including the restart option were greyed out. another solution was to do a soft reset which I tried and it didn't solve my problem. I can't even download one of the other defense programs since I can't download anything. Not that I'd want to do to the large number of ads that the free versions of those programs have. Doesn't seem to be a virus since nothing else has changed/nothing else has been compromised/nothing other than whether I'm allowed to download.

This problem came out of nowhere and I'm hoping that there's an easy solution that I may have missed. Please help!

:)

Luke Villavicencio, Apr 20, 2021
  2. vicf1 Win User

Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Did not work for me. After going through all steps I still have protection history full

vicf1, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Le Boule Win User

Windows defender not working/can't download from anything due to there being no protection

Windows Defender Real-time Protection will not turn on

Did you follow the steps recommended in Solutions

How about the steps recommended at Uninstall Bitdefender

Try running the removal tools for any security program that you previously used on the computer and be sure to reboot after using each tool. See
    List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

Have you tried the steps recommended in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    ?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For further detailed information suggest you review the reply of quietman7 in
    this thread: Windows Defender.

“The inability to turn on Windows Defender 8/10 is typically the result of having a third-party anti-virus installed or failure to remove it properly (completely). Since Windows 8/10 Defender includes anti-virus protection,
    it is disabled during the installation of another anti-virus program. If a trial anti-virus (i.e. McAfee, Norton, etc) came preinstalled on your computer or you installed one, Windows
    Defender will be turned off
    (disabled). Windows Defender recognizes the install and automatically disables itself when other anti-virus products are used to avoid conflicts. Windows Defender will remain
    disabled until that anti-virus software has been completely uninstalled
    . In some cases, you may need to download and run the anti-virus vendor's clean up tool to remove any remaining remnants.

After removal of the third party anti-virus, Windows 8/10 Defender needs to be activated if you choose to use it. When uninstalling the third-party anti-virus Defender should automatically turn itself on but sometimes you may receive a message
    indicating your system has no protection...click here to turn on Windows Defender. If not, and Defender remains disabled, you will need to manually turn it on.

If that is not the case in your situation, check to make sure the Windows Defender service
    is started

Sometimes it may take a couple of computer reboots after performing the above steps to ensure Windows Defender is up and running properly.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Or - - -

There are a number of viable antivirus options available for Windows 10 – free or paid - take your pick…

Choosing an Anti-Virus Program

Consumer antivirus software providers for Windows

Is Windows Defender The
    Best For Windows 10?
    Good article but ignore the ads.

Regards...

Le Boule, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows defender not working/can't download from anything due to there being no protection

1. Windows defender not working/can't download from anything due to there being no protection - Similar Threads - defender working can't

2. Can't download anything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download anything.: I'm suspecting this has something to do with changing something in privacy. Whenever I try to download anything, it goes about a quarter done and it fails. I turned off all security, anti-virus, privacy, etr or anything I can find. It still did not fix it. I've redownloaded...
  3. Can't Download Anything From Microsoft Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Download Anything From Microsoft Windows 11: So this started when I was trying to download a game from the Xbox App, the download would not work, either returning an error message or showing 0% progress and never progressing.I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox app but trying to download it from the Microsoft...
  4. Windows defender not working/can't download from anything due to there being no protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender not working/can't download from anything due to there being no protection: Recently, My windows defender, in the hidden icons menu on the taskbar, has been showing an x icon. Now, it's completely gone and the menu in windows security is blank other than "security at a glance". [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I've tried to troubleshoot by myself, by looking up...
  5. Can't download anything.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't download anything.: Whenever I try to download apps, files or pictures I keep getting a message "couldn't download virus scan failed" I have also tried to print files and they won't print same message from my printer. I am running Windows 10 s mode. Please help....
  6. My Minecraft Windows 10 can't download due to it being blocked.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My Minecraft Windows 10 can't download due to it being blocked.: So, I was playing Minecraft, as I do, and all of a sudden a new update comes out 1.16.100. My friend and I share the same Microsoft account, and he managed to update it on his PC. However, when I tried to update it, it said that it was already updated, but it turns out it...
  7. Can't download anything from anywhere

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't download anything from anywhere: Hello, I've been having an issue for quite a while, and I've tried to fix it a ton of different ways but I've come to the conclusion that it's something wrong with the computer or windows, and not the various applications. Basically whenever I try to download anything bigger...
  8. Can't download anything from store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't download anything from store: I just got a new laptop running windows 10, and I'm trying to download apps from the store but can't, the download button is blocked and it says app not compatible with this device, however, my device has high specs and I'm sure it's enough to run the apps I'm trying to...
  9. Can't download anything from Windows Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't download anything from Windows Store: I need help please, im trying for 2 days. I tried everything i saw in the internet, none of them fixed it. submitted by /u/GooMoonRyongg [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e3ecvj/cant_download_anything_from_windows_store/
  10. Can't download anything due to no administrator account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't download anything due to no administrator account.: I got this Toshiba laptop and basically whenever I try to download anything (software, applications etc) It pops up with a message saying "You need to be an Administrator to install applications on this computer" or something along those lines. So when i go into the user...