Windows 10: WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT WORKING - I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING

Discus and support WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT WORKING - I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A few weeks ago I installed the Avira antivirus, seeing that it did not work I uninstalled it. After this I could not make the Windows Defender work... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CamiLuz, Nov 17, 2019.

1. CamiLuz Win User

WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT WORKING - I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING

A few weeks ago I installed the Avira antivirus, seeing that it did not work I uninstalled it. After this I could not make the Windows Defender work again (it is clear that prior to installing Avira, the WD worked perfectly). Although I try to restart the service (since every time I start the notebook I get a notification saying that I have to activate the Windows firewall), when I enter Windows Security and try to restart it indicates that 'An unexpected error occurred and we have Found a problem. Try again.'.

Tried all the ways I found in the forums and in Microsoft solutions, and nothing works.

A list what I already tried:

1. Creating a new DWORD value (DisableAntiSpyware) and setting it to 0.

2. Manually downloading the Windows Defender update (every time I run it - normally or as an administrator - it doesn't work, absolutely nothing happens).

a. Files I downloaded and tried to install: mpam-fe.exe, win10-mpam-feX64.exe.

3. Updating it through Windows Update (reaches up to 99% but never concludes).

4. Trigger a definition update for Windows Defender Antivirus using "% ProgramFiles% \ Windows Defender \ MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate using prompt.

5. Downloading and running windefend.reg.

6. Executing these commands:

DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-image / Scanhealth

DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-image / Restorehealth

DISM.exe / online / cleanup-image / startcomponentcleanup

sfc / scannow

Which returned errors saying that damaged files were found.

My operating system is 64bits.

:)

CamiLuz, Nov 17, 2019
  2. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Windows Defender Not Working in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I suggest you to Set Windows Defender to Automatic - You can set the Windows Defender service to Automatic, Disabled or Manual. Setting it to automatic might solve the problem. Follow these
    steps:

• Click Start > type services in the Search box > click Services in the Programs list.
    • Search for Windows defender.
    • Double-click Windows Defender, and click Automatic in the start-up box > click OK.
    Also, follow the below mentioned steps and check:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

• Close the CMD window
    Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we’ll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

1. WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT WORKING - I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING - Similar Threads - DEFENDER WORKING I'VE

2. BSOD Errors I've tried everything please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Errors I've tried everything please help: So this morning I awoke started my computer, cat ripped out power cord, so I plugged it back in and restarted. Crashed within an hour after that However after over 18 hours of crashes, BSOD, and black screens I'm huffed, I've done the sfc check, system restores/ system reset,...
  3. I cannot open Windows Defender and I've tried almost everything!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cannot open Windows Defender and I've tried almost everything!: Whenever I try to open Windows Defender it instantly closes. I still get notifications and it keeps removing something I need to let past it but I can't because it just instantly closes. I did a scan with malware bytes, it caught nothing. I uninstalled malwarebytes as well...
  4. Having Some Issues, I've Tried Everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Having Some Issues, I've Tried Everything: Last month, I was having driver issues. I uninstalled and reinstalled the correct audio driver and everything was fine. But the next day, I got on and my mic wasn't being picked up nor any audio for that matter if I recall. So I uninstalled the audio driver once again and...
  5. My Mouse Isn't Working. I've Tried Everything. Can You Help Me?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Mouse Isn't Working. I've Tried Everything. Can You Help Me?: With my Windows 10 HP Laptop, I prefer to use a mouse. I feel it's a much smoother experience, and I appreciate having a choice to use a mouse. This morning, I decided to bind a command in a game to SCROLLW3 (pressing down the scroll wheel), and every time I pressed it, the...
  6. Daily BSODs (ntoskrnl.exe) I've tried everything I've seen on google.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Daily BSODs (ntoskrnl.exe) I've tried everything I've seen on google.: SuperFetch and Prefetch are disabled. Memcheck gives no errors. The computer ran almost 24/7 for ~~10 months before the Win 10 upgrade, not a single BSOD. Since 10, I've gotten 15-20. I've followed all the steps in this article: Windows 10: How to fix system ntoskrnl.exe...
  7. Running low fps on decent computer, I've tried everything

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Running low fps on decent computer, I've tried everything: I'm new to PC, just built my first once 5 days ago, i have a 1050ti, 16gb of ram, and a core i5 7500, i was told that's a pretty decent set up and i could run games decent but when i try to play anything i'm running 25-45 fps with everything on low including cs go. All my...
  8. Please fix this 100% disk problem, I've tried -everything-

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Please fix this 100% disk problem, I've tried -everything-: [img] This is my system on every boot-up for 30 minutes, and then for 5 minutes each for every application I first run after boot-up... Chrome, steam, battle.net, boinc, skype... When I go into a game, and try to load a map it will go to 100% and then just freeze the...
  9. Quick Acess not working (tried everything)

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Acess not working (tried everything): I'm having some issues with Quick Acess. It's still not working, I can't pin things to it at all and it's just empty. I've tried deleting the files that are in the APPDATA both manually and with CMD. If I have to reinstall Win 10 again I am just going back to 7. 47075
  10. Black screen no boot no sounds. I've tried almost everything.

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen no boot no sounds. I've tried almost everything.: I have an HP Pavilion dv7 3169-wm entertainment laptop. It's several years old. I upgraded to Windows 10 shortly before my problem began. After upgrading everything was incredibly slow and often the computer just froze. A few days later it started working a little better...