Windows 10: WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT WORKING - I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING

Discus and support WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT WORKING - I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A few weeks ago I installed the Avira antivirus, seeing that it did not work I uninstalled it. After this I could not make the Windows Defender work... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CamiLuz, Nov 17, 2019.

1. CamiLuz Win User

WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT WORKING - I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING

A few weeks ago I installed the Avira antivirus, seeing that it did not work I uninstalled it. After this I could not make the Windows Defender work again (it is clear that prior to installing Avira, the WD worked perfectly). Although I try to restart the service (since every time I start the notebook I get a notification saying that I have to activate the Windows firewall), when I enter Windows Security and try to restart it indicates that 'An unexpected error occurred and we have Found a problem. Try again.'.

Tried all the ways I found in the forums and in Microsoft solutions, and nothing works.

A list what I already tried:

1. Creating a new DWORD value (DisableAntiSpyware) and setting it to 0.

2. Manually downloading the Windows Defender update (every time I run it - normally or as an administrator - it doesn't work, absolutely nothing happens).

a. Files I downloaded and tried to install: mpam-fe.exe, win10-mpam-feX64.exe.

3. Updating it through Windows Update (reaches up to 99% but never concludes).

4. Trigger a definition update for Windows Defender Antivirus using "% ProgramFiles% \ Windows Defender \ MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate using prompt.

5. Downloading and running windefend.reg.

6. Executing these commands:

DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-image / Scanhealth

DISM.exe / Online / Cleanup-image / Restorehealth

DISM.exe / online / cleanup-image / startcomponentcleanup

sfc / scannow

Which returned errors saying that damaged files were found.

My operating system is 64bits.

:)

CamiLuz, Nov 17, 2019
  2. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Windows Defender Not Working in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I suggest you to Set Windows Defender to Automatic - You can set the Windows Defender service to Automatic, Disabled or Manual. Setting it to automatic might solve the problem. Follow these
    steps:

• Click Start > type services in the Search box > click Services in the Programs list.
    • Search for Windows defender.
    • Double-click Windows Defender, and click Automatic in the start-up box > click OK.
    Also, follow the below mentioned steps and check:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

• Close the CMD window
    Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we’ll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

1. WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT WORKING - I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING - Similar Threads - DEFENDER WORKING I'VE

2. Virtualization is not working on W11 and I've tried everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtualization is not working on W11 and I've tried everything: I'm trying to get Windows Subsystem for Android working on my Windows 11 PC. When I try to load up the Amazon App Store I get this:SVM is on in BIOS, I've triple checkedI've rebooted so many timesCore Isolation is disabledNo other apps installed that use virtualizationI've...
  3. Virtualization is not working on W11 and I've tried everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtualization is not working on W11 and I've tried everything: I'm trying to get Windows Subsystem for Android working on my Windows 11 PC. When I try to load up the Amazon App Store I get this:SVM is on in BIOS, I've triple checkedI've rebooted so many timesCore Isolation is disabledNo other apps installed that use virtualizationI've...
  4. Text to Speech not working - I've tried everything!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text to Speech not working - I've tried everything!: Hello,I'm attempting to setup text to speech on my desktop for when I'm working and nothing seems to work. I've updated all drivers and windows is fully updated. I've ensured that my mic and other devices are picking up my voice, without issue. If I spell out a word...
  5. Text to Speech not working - I've tried everything!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text to Speech not working - I've tried everything!: Hello,I'm attempting to setup text to speech on my desktop for when I'm working and nothing seems to work. I've updated all drivers and windows is fully updated. I've ensured that my mic and other devices are picking up my voice, without issue. If I spell out a word...
  6. Text to Speech not working - I've tried everything!

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. No internet, I've tried everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No internet, I've tried everything: (Toshiba satellite c55t-c) yesterday I was updating to version 2009, got to 2004 all was fine, then 2009. No internet on wifi or ethernet. Other devices work fine so it's not my router. I reverted back to 2004 but I still have no internet. I've gone into cmd and tried every...
  8. My Windows Defender disappeared and I've tried everything on Google.

My Windows Defender disappeared and I've tried everything on Google.: Anything left before I have to reinstall windows? So I'm actually on a fresh install of windows, bought a new machine with it pre-installed a month ago. Yes I torrent. But I've been using PCs since the 90s. I know what to click on and what not to (at least I think). I've...
  9. Audio not working, I've tried LITERALLY EVERYTHING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio not working, I've tried LITERALLY EVERYTHING: Hey guys, so I was using my laptop this afternoon and went out for a walk. When I came back, my audio wasn't working at all. At first the toolbar audio icon said there is no audio devices, so I did some tweaking and looking at videos and fixed that. However, there is still no...
  10. I cannot open Windows Defender and I've tried almost everything!

I cannot open Windows Defender and I've tried almost everything!: Whenever I try to open Windows Defender it instantly closes. I still get notifications and it keeps removing something I need to let past it but I can't because it just instantly closes. I did a scan with malware bytes, it caught nothing. I uninstalled malwarebytes as well...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Nothing happens running mpam-fe.exe