Windows 10: Windows Defender not working

Discus and support Windows Defender not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I try to access my Windows Defender in the start up menu I'm given this box that says that the app is turned off by group policy and to contact... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LynneMM, Apr 14, 2019.

1. LynneMM Win User

Windows Defender not working

When I try to access my Windows Defender in the start up menu I'm given this box that says that the app is turned off by group policy and to contact the group administrator. I'm the administrator and the only person that uses this computer. This just started. How do I fix this so it'll work again? THanks.

:)

LynneMM, Apr 14, 2019

2. Windows Defender Not Working in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I suggest you to Set Windows Defender to Automatic - You can set the Windows Defender service to Automatic, Disabled or Manual. Setting it to automatic might solve the problem. Follow these
    steps:

• Click Start > type services in the Search box > click Services in the Programs list.
    • Search for Windows defender.
    • Double-click Windows Defender, and click Automatic in the start-up box > click OK.
    Also, follow the below mentioned steps and check:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

• Close the CMD window
    Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we’ll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Defender not working - Similar Threads - Defender working

2. why microsoft defender is asking me to get Microsoft 365 it was working before i have a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why microsoft defender is asking me to get Microsoft 365 it was working before i have a...: How do i fix this please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-microsoft-defender-is-asking-me-to-get/680776e3-0ce0-4d38-9b4a-e738422b33f3
  3. why microsoft defender is asking me to get Microsoft 365 it was working before i have a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why microsoft defender is asking me to get Microsoft 365 it was working before i have a...: How do i fix this please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-microsoft-defender-is-asking-me-to-get/680776e3-0ce0-4d38-9b4a-e738422b33f3
  4. Windows Defender Firewall not working after Windows 11 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall not working after Windows 11 Update: Hello,I recently tried installing an app from the Microsoft Store, and the install failed. It gave me this error code: 0x800706D9I did some digging, and it seems that the issue lies with Windows Defender Firewall. I attempted to open WDF, and also got error code 0x800706D9...
  5. Windows Defender Firewall not working after Windows 11 Update

Windows Defender Firewall not working after Windows 11 Update: Hello,I recently tried installing an app from the Microsoft Store, and the install failed. It gave me this error code: 0x800706D9I did some digging, and it seems that the issue lies with Windows Defender Firewall. I attempted to open WDF, and also got error code 0x800706D9...
  6. Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?: Hi I reset my pc and chose to pick delete all my files from settings. After the reset my windows browser/app control wasn't showing. In settings it would have a action recommended but when I clicked it Windows defender would open but close automatically in a second. In...
  7. Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?

Windows defender app and browser control not working after pc reset?: Hi I reset my pc and chose to pick delete all my files from settings. After the reset my windows browser/app control wasn't showing. In settings it would have a action recommended but when I clicked it Windows defender would open but close automatically in a second. In...
  8. Set-MPPreference for setting defender update once in a week not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set-MPPreference for setting defender update once in a week not working: I used the following powershell scripts to set the defender update on Sundays at 2 am:Set-MpPreference -SignatureScheduleDay sundaySet-MpPreference -SignatureScheduleTime "02:00"Set-MpPreference -SignatureUpdateCatchupInterval 7Set-MpPreference -SignatureUpdateInterval...
  9. Set-MPPreference for setting defender update once in a week not working

Set-MPPreference for setting defender update once in a week not working: I used the following powershell scripts to set the defender update on Sundays at 2 am:Set-MpPreference -SignatureScheduleDay sundaySet-MpPreference -SignatureScheduleTime "02:00"Set-MpPreference -SignatureUpdateCatchupInterval 7Set-MpPreference -SignatureUpdateInterval...
  10. Set-MPPreference for setting defender update once in a week not working

in Windows 10 Customization