Windows 10: Windows Defender notification

Discus and support Windows Defender notification in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Where is notification history? The notice that said a virus was found disappeared when I clicked on it.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kathy-in-Houston, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Windows Defender notification

Where is notification history? The notice that said a virus was found disappeared when I clicked on it.

:)

Kathy-in-Houston, Oct 11, 2018

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Oct 11, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Windows Defender notification

windows 10 - detected Malware notification - no action required.

Hi Manoj,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open Settings.

• Click on System and click on Notifications and Actions.

• Under Show notifications for these apps turn off the setting for Windows defender.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender notification

1. Windows Defender notification - Similar Threads - Defender notification

2. Notifications and Defender BS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications and Defender BS: I am frustrated. Notifications are popping up, Windows Defender is complaining, and I'm running out of patience searching for ways to eliminate whatever life force is keeping these things active. I have followed instructions on how to turn off Notifications, including...
  3. Missing notifications about defender updates

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Missing notifications about defender updates: Windows 10-pro 1803 My settings are to Notify about updates, using the tutorial Enable or Disable Windows Update Automatic Updates in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials I also have it set for defer feature jobs to Semi-Annual (business) and just days (4-5) for security...
  4. Missing notifications about defender updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing notifications about defender updates: Windows 10-pro 1803 My settings are to Notify about updates, using the tutorial Enable or Disable Windows Update Automatic Updates in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials I also have it set for defer feature jobs to Semi-Annual (business) and just days (4-5) for security...
  5. Defender Notifications

Defender Notifications: Defender keeps using the taskbar to notify me there's a problem with my antivirus.. when I open the notification it tells me two opposing stories.. One says AV is off.. The other says on.. Maybe I should be asking Microsoft.....
  6. Defender Notification

Defender Notification: My Windows Defender keeps notifying me to turn on One Drive for the Ransomware. All the files folders are empty. Is there a way to disable that notification? 119216
  7. No windows defender icon in the notification area of the taskbar until I sign out and then...

No windows defender icon in the notification area of the taskbar until I sign out and then...: Windows 10 home with all available updates applied. No errors in the logs. If I shut down my pc and then power it up again OR I choose to perform a restart, I will never see a Windows Defender icon in the notification area of the taskbar. Windows Defender IS running....
  8. Windows Defender Alert Notifications

Windows Defender Alert Notifications: My Windows Defender icon on my task bar shows an alert notification and says "actions recommended." But when I open the Windows Defender Security Center, none of the categories show an alert symbol. Why would these not be synced with one another?...
  9. windows defender notification question

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows defender notification question: I have a question about windows defender. The windows defender icon on my task bar says that actions are recommended, but when I open windows defender it says that no actions are needed. I assume that windows defender might want me to do something that is recommended but not...
  10. 2 Windows Defender notification icons running at startup?

2 Windows Defender notification icons running at startup?: Hello-, This is a fairly new PC and i'm not sure if I ever noticed this before but anyone know or see this before? 2 Windows Defender instances running at startup? I installed Emsisoft about a month ago I don't believe that wouldn't have anything to do with it. I only have...