Windows 10: Windows Defender Off-Line Scan

Discus and support Windows Defender Off-Line Scan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10. When I run the Windows Defender off-line scan, it scanned the computer but did not give me a report. Would that mean nothing... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Centeresmith, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Windows Defender Off-Line Scan

I am using Windows 10.

When I run the Windows Defender off-line scan, it scanned the computer but did not give me a report. Would that mean nothing is found?

What happens when the scan finds something?

Is there a log file somewhere?

Thanks

Cent.

:)

Centeresmith, Jan 9, 2019

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Brian Cab Win User
    Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

Hi Joe,

to scan external drives using Windows Defender, follow the steps provided below.

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to Settings tab.
    • Select the Advanced option.
    • tick the checkbox for Scan removable drives.

Regards.

Brian Cab, Jan 9, 2019
  4. avemaria Win User

Windows Defender Off-Line Scan

right click scan in windows defender?

thanks for that.. i didn't notice the tutorial section :x

I did the suggested registry change and it's now listed on the desktop context menu.. but all this does is ask if I want to open it, update, or start a scan... I was hoping for the option where you right click a specific file and it will have listed 'scan with windows defender' like other antivirus programs have.. MSE had it. I'll keep looking around to see if I can find it in the meantime..

avemaria, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Off-Line Scan

1. Windows Defender Off-Line Scan - Similar Threads - Defender Off Line

2. Windows Defender off-line does not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender off-line does not start: I have a new system build desktop the old one had it's Gigabyte m/b and SSD fail due to cell death causing a rash of BSOD errors, primarily due {I think} to whole of PC + off line scans, 2.8million files, weekly for 2+years with a new ASUS motherboard, new intel corei3 12100...
  3. Windows Defender off-line does not start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender off-line does not start: I have a new system build desktop the old one had it's Gigabyte m/b and SSD fail due to cell death causing a rash of BSOD errors, primarily due {I think} to whole of PC + off line scans, 2.8million files, weekly for 2+years with a new ASUS motherboard, new intel corei3 12100...
  4. Windows Defender off-line does not start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Turn off Periodic Scanning in Microsoft Defender

Turn off Periodic Scanning in Microsoft Defender: Split from this thread.I was advised by Norton 360 to turn off "Periodic Scanning": unfortunately the paths in this article do not seem to exist in my Windows 10 installation old, but up-to-date with all required updates. There is NO selection for "Windows Defender". Advice,...
  6. WD off line scanning.

WD off line scanning.: I use the free malwarebytes for several manual scans per week and Windows Defender for continual and weekly full scans. This pc is on the beta channel 21H1 and cannot run the offline scans although my other two pcs, a desktop and a laptop can run them no bother. Can I do...
  7. Windows Defender Off-Line

Windows Defender Off-Line: Defender has no issues running online. however off-line is another story and to date no one can give me a direct and positive answer. I select run Windows Defender online, select the next 2 items stating to run, however it will reboot then the little rectangular box comes...
  8. can't turn off windows defender periodic scanning

can't turn off windows defender periodic scanning: Hello, I turned on windows defender periodic scanning just to test it, but when I went back into settings to turn it off again, the settings options had changed and the toggle switch had disappeared, so it is no longer possible to switch it off. I've tried to follow the...
  9. Windows off Line Scan won't Run code: 0x8004cc01

Windows off Line Scan won't Run code: 0x8004cc01: My Dell precision won't complete the Windows off Line Scan. It hangs at Scan. I have tried with a DVD and a USDrive, it starts and comes up with the error. I have read all the previous posts with tregards to this error and no one agrees that the problem exists. I have...
  10. Scanning for viruses with Windows Defender by command line

Scanning for viruses with Windows Defender by command line: Hi! I know that Windows Defender allows to scan for viruses by command line. I'm using it not for simple problem - after scan (?) it closes console and I see result not. I'm using this command: "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -Scan -ScanType 3 -File...