Windows 10: Windows Defender Off-Line

Discus and support Windows Defender Off-Line in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Defender has no issues running online. however off-line is another story and to date no one can give me a direct and positive answer. I select run... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bandido1, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Bandido1 Win User

Windows Defender Off-Line

Defender has no issues running online.

however off-line is another story and to date no one can give me a direct and positive answer.

I select run Windows Defender online, select the next 2 items stating to run, however it will reboot

then the little rectangular box comes on Windows Defender Off Line, this box will stay on for 2 seconds and then the computer will re-boot to Windows

I have ran the Memory Test Pass the SFC /Scannow Pass and of course the DISM tool Pass

I have even done a clean install of just Windows with it's updates and ran right after, same end result.

Now, this surprising and by accident, I turned on BitLocker and guess what after a week of testing the off-line scan worked every single time 16 total.

I removed or de-activated BitLocker back to the same thing None Functional turned BitLocker back on and guess what, Defender Ran Off-Line again, 14 times this time, I recently Shut off bitlocker again, defender off line will not run.

The reason I don't keep BitLocker on is because of the password or key needed to start the drive.

What does BitLocker have to do with your Windows Defender.

Is it because of the Password needed before the Off-Line starts is written?

:)

Bandido1, Jan 20, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Windows Defender Off-Line :)

3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Windows Defender Off-Line

Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender Off-Line

1. Windows Defender Off-Line - Similar Threads - Defender Off Line

2. Windows Defender off-line does not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender off-line does not start: I have a new system build desktop the old one had it's Gigabyte m/b and SSD fail due to cell death causing a rash of BSOD errors, primarily due {I think} to whole of PC + off line scans, 2.8million files, weekly for 2+years with a new ASUS motherboard, new intel corei3 12100...
  3. Windows Defender off-line does not start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender off-line does not start: I have a new system build desktop the old one had it's Gigabyte m/b and SSD fail due to cell death causing a rash of BSOD errors, primarily due {I think} to whole of PC + off line scans, 2.8million files, weekly for 2+years with a new ASUS motherboard, new intel corei3 12100...
  4. Windows Defender off-line does not start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. printer is off line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    printer is off line: printer is offline https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-is-off-line/49d01c95-fd1d-4a90-8951-c68fa539316b
  6. how do I run defender off line?

how do I run defender off line?: I try to run defender offline and it indicates my system is controlled by my organization. I have none and it is a home computer. I try to change security settings and it indicates some options are controlled by the same nonexistent organization. Was this security designed...
  7. Printer off line

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer off line: How do I turn my computer on so that it will print anything. The que has 4 documents, but says; "Printer off line". How do I get it On Line?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-off-line/6faccc82-3ced-42eb-88c0-49ab4f8c27af
  8. Windows Defender Off-Line Scan

Windows Defender Off-Line Scan: I am using Windows 10. When I run the Windows Defender off-line scan, it scanned the computer but did not give me a report. Would that mean nothing is found? What happens when the scan finds something? Is there a log file somewhere? Thanks Cent....
  9. printer off line

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer off line: how do I turn my printer (Epson XP700) on line ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-off-line/a1723211-0fef-4bec-9c52-e55d0cc305e2
  10. Windows 10 off line

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 off line: Hello, I'm looking for some general information about required updates on Windows 10. It seems to me that I read that you are required to keep your Windows 10 machine on line, and that even if you have Pro, you can only defer updates for 4 months and after that you get no...